Windows 10: Hello! I own my laptop but I can't access Virus & Threat Protection + my laptop crashed...

Discus and support Hello! I own my laptop but I can't access Virus & Threat Protection + my laptop crashed... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For the Kernal Security Check Failure BSOD, I did the "/scannow" thing on Administrator Command Prompt. It shows that "Windows Resource Protection... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Melissa Santos1, May 8, 2023.

1. Hello! I own my laptop but I can't access Virus & Threat Protection + my laptop crashed...

For the Kernal Security Check Failure BSOD, I did the "/scannow" thing on Administrator Command Prompt. It shows that "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them..." --- is that sufficient? Before this, my laptop crashed twice.As for the Virus & Threat Protection missing I can still see the other options for "Security at a glance", it says that my IT manages it but I personally own my laptop. I could still access it last time and I don't know what actually happened. I tried doing the Registry thing where I change the 1 to 0 highrange stuff. Didn't w

:)

Melissa Santos1, May 8, 2023

2. Accessing Exclusion in Virus and Threat Protection,

Hello there!

Is there any other way to access the exclusion for virus and threat protection? I've tried to follow steps shown online but I cannot find the settings.

Thank you!

Mark Eufracio, May 8, 2023
  3. Virus and Threat Protection Issue

When looking to run a virus scan on my computer, I'm met with an error that says "Virus and Threat Protection is Managed by your Organization." THis is a personal laptop though. Any suggestions?

DerrickAlvarez, May 8, 2023
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Hello! I own my laptop but I can't access Virus & Threat Protection + my laptop crashed...

Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, May 8, 2023
Thema:

Hello! I own my laptop but I can't access Virus & Threat Protection + my laptop crashed...

1. Hello! I own my laptop but I can't access Virus & Threat Protection + my laptop crashed... - Similar Threads - Hello own laptop

2. Why can't I access my virus and threat protection in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I access my virus and threat protection in windows 11?: Hi I am Siddharth. So, I can no longer access the virus and threat protection in my windows 11. The problem began when I did the reset in my laptop. Pls find a solution to this as soon as possible. Thank you....
  3. Why can't I access my virus and threat protection in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I access my virus and threat protection in windows 11?: Hi I am Siddharth. So, I can no longer access the virus and threat protection in my windows 11. The problem began when I did the reset in my laptop. Pls find a solution to this as soon as possible. Thank you....
  4. i can't access my threats and virus protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't access my threats and virus protection: help me to access my threat and virus protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-threats-and-virus-protection/eb30acd1-586d-4c5e-9b2c-23bd5098bdc2
  5. i can't access my threats and virus protection

i can't access my threats and virus protection: help me to access my threat and virus protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-threats-and-virus-protection/eb30acd1-586d-4c5e-9b2c-23bd5098bdc2
  6. Hello! I own my laptop but I can't access Virus & Threat Protection + my laptop crashed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello! I own my laptop but I can't access Virus & Threat Protection + my laptop crashed...: For the Kernal Security Check Failure BSOD, I did the "/scannow" thing on Administrator Command Prompt. It shows that "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them..." --- is that sufficient? Before this, my laptop crashed twice.As for the...
  7. Hello! I own my laptop but I can't access Virus & Threat Protection + my laptop crashed...

Hello! I own my laptop but I can't access Virus & Threat Protection + my laptop crashed...: For the Kernal Security Check Failure BSOD, I did the "/scannow" thing on Administrator Command Prompt. It shows that "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them..." --- is that sufficient? Before this, my laptop crashed twice.As for the...
  8. I can't access my virus and threat protection because it's managed by my organization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't access my virus and threat protection because it's managed by my organization: Hello. I am unable to do a scan of any sorts with Windows Defender, reason being that I need to access virus and threat protection. When I try, it just says that it's managed my my organization. Why can't I manage it myself? I would like to be able to do a scan of any sort,...
  9. Can't access virus & threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access virus & threat protection: I tried to run a scan recently, but virus & threat protection didn't appear. I used the search bar to get to it & it says that the IT admin won't let me access it, despite this being a home computer & not a part of a network. I did some research on it & I thought it was...
  10. I can't open my Virus & Threat Protection

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open my Virus & Threat Protection: So when i press Win then i search for Virus & Threat Protection when i press ENTER or Click on it it dose not start it will pop up then go away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-virus-threat-protection/62f0490f-8d1d-4acf-af06-973503054257