Windows 10: Hello I was just wondering how I can change the windows file target location path properly.

Discus and support Hello I was just wondering how I can change the windows file target location path properly. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Right now I am trying to install Virtual box, however my C drive SSD is pretty much full, so I move it to the D drive but it still thinks its in the C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Plasmaratic, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Hello I was just wondering how I can change the windows file target location path properly.

Right now I am trying to install Virtual box, however my C drive SSD is pretty much full, so I move it to the D drive but it still thinks its in the C drive and is refusing to install? Can somebody please help me install it properly?

Here is a google drive folder to show the pictures.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QH6hyUgToAnIVtQ8jWF21zrCFVU06wr8?usp=sharing

:)

Plasmaratic, Jan 11, 2021

2. Shortcut Target Path changes from local to network location

On the desktop of each of my home network PCs I have a shortcut for a folder in my "C:\Users\*Myname*\Documents\...\Misc" that I dump things that I used on my desktop that I want to keep, but really don't have a location dedicated to store it.

When I'm sitting at one of my other PCs on my network and realize I need or want to see something I have in the Misc folder on another PC I click on the desktop folder in my Homegroup for the PC where the file resides, click on the Misc desktop folder, and
    then copy the file onto the desktop of the current PC to use. The problem I have is when I do that the Target Path on the PC on the network I grabbed the file from will magically (not sure when) change to the network path instead of the local path (making
    the shortcut pretty much unusable on the local PC it's on until I change the path back).

This "feature" of Windows is a real pain in the neck. Is there a way to prevent this action?

The work around I'm trying at the moment is I created a second shortcut to the same folder in my Documents folder and called it "Network Misc" so that hopefully if Windows decides to change the target path on that shortcut I won't care because I won't use it
    when moving files on the local machine (I'll use the original shortcut).

SEwing1243, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Shortcut Target Path changes from local to network location

As I stated in my original post the target is set to when I create the shortcut: "C:\Users\*Myname*\Documents\...

After some action on my part (I suspect it happens when I copy a file from the network PC's folder via the shortcut and then paste it on the local PC) the target path on the network PCs desktop shortcut will change to the network path. example: \\*PC's Name*\Documents\...

SEwing1243, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Hello I was just wondering how I can change the windows file target location path properly.

Windows Hello not working properly

Hi Jim,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Windows Hello, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what specific troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try reinstalling your camera driver to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Hello I was just wondering how I can change the windows file target location path properly.

1. Hello I was just wondering how I can change the windows file target location path properly. - Similar Threads - Hello was wondering

2. file path not located

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file path not located: i am receiving an Error when attempting to access a file that the file path cannot be located on c:drive. it was previously accessible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-not-located/9ccdbaa8-5f5d-41f2-9531-67827f526a81
  3. file path not located

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file path not located: i am receiving an Error when attempting to access a file that the file path cannot be located on c:drive. it was previously accessible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-not-located/9ccdbaa8-5f5d-41f2-9531-67827f526a81
  4. file path not located

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I set a binary.exe file to PATH on Windows?

How can I set a binary.exe file to PATH on Windows?: Hi,I am trying to save a binary.exe file inside my C drive to proceed with a migration of a server. This is because I need o setup the PATH for that binary.exe file for the migration be successfull using python.I found these...
  6. How can I set a binary.exe file to PATH on Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set a binary.exe file to PATH on Windows?: Hi,I am trying to save a binary.exe file inside my C drive to proceed with a migration of a server. This is because I need o setup the PATH for that binary.exe file for the migration be successfull using python.I found these...
  7. How to change target location for download file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change target location for download file?: Windows 11. Need to change target location for download files. So easy in WIN10, but cannot find change. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-target-location-for-download-file/2c8c2220-fed8-4937-9d6f-603b7cddcbef
  8. How to change target location for download file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change target location for download file?: Windows 11. Need to change target location for download files. So easy in WIN10, but cannot find change. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-target-location-for-download-file/2c8c2220-fed8-4937-9d6f-603b7cddcbef
  9. i can not change the location of a file system

i can not change the location of a file system: Hello my problem is that i can not change the location of the file system [Download] and i tried everything i will sent you some captures of the problem....
  10. Hello! I was just wondering if it is normal if I can see my ethernet connection twice.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello! I was just wondering if it is normal if I can see my ethernet connection twice.: Basically when I opened my ethernet setting today noticed something odd. In the status option , I can only see my "Ethernet" under the status. It also shows me the data used in the last 30 days and the (in my case 11.69 GB) but the odd thing was that right under it was the...