Windows 10: hello i was trying to free up space by deleting some files, is it safe to delete them?

Discus and support hello i was trying to free up space by deleting some files, is it safe to delete them? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i saw some folders like "click to run", "ink", "msinfo", "vc", "vgx" in commonfiles folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared"I don't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dark Thunder122, Mar 7, 2023.

1. hello i was trying to free up space by deleting some files, is it safe to delete them?

i saw some folders like "click to run", "ink", "msinfo", "vc", "vgx" in commonfiles folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared"I don't want the "office" Microsoft software or no remains of it on my computer as it is a gaming computer so can you help me to identify which of them is safe to delete I need as much space as possible

:)

Dark Thunder122, Mar 7, 2023
  2. temp02 Win User

Can I delete this unknown file safely?

Well then simply erase (Shift + Del) the $RECYCLE.BIN folder of that drive, I just find it odd that Windows doesn't pick up the drive's recycle bin when you connect it.
    And yes it's completely safe to delete the whole $RECYCLE.BIN folder, it wont affect any of the other files/folders on the drive, and whenever you delete (Del) another file it will be re-created.

temp02, Mar 7, 2023
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Deleting the "SoftwareDistribution" Files

I noticed that "Depending on your HDD Space and you made sure your Updated on Windows 7" that you can delete all the Files "Going into Safe-Mode of course" but i saw a .Txt File that shows the Updates you've installed "That i deleted by mistake" but by deleting that File i saw the updates needed to be installed again but i knew weren't true.

So yeah what ya' think? Should this be a good idea? I saw that over 3GB worth of files!

rk3066, Mar 7, 2023
  4. Tommygunn Win User

hello i was trying to free up space by deleting some files, is it safe to delete them?

Can I delete this unknown file safely?

I'm currently tidying up my external Western Digital HD and I ran Treesize to see where everything is.
    I came upon the highlighted file and sub files, below, which is hidden, but I wish to get rid of it as it contains 20Gb of data.
    It contains files, such as films, which I had previously deleted and which I thought had gone but which appear to have gone to some hidden deleted file.
    I presume it would be safe to delete this whole file and sub file via the Treesize application without it affecting all the stuff I want kept on the HD?

Tom.

hello i was trying to free up space by deleting some files, is it safe to delete them? HDUsage.jpg

Tommygunn, Mar 7, 2023
Thema:

hello i was trying to free up space by deleting some files, is it safe to delete them?

1. hello i was trying to free up space by deleting some files, is it safe to delete them? - Similar Threads - hello was trying

2. hello i was trying to free up space by deleting some files, is it safe to delete them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hello i was trying to free up space by deleting some files, is it safe to delete them?: i saw some folders like "click to run", "ink", "msinfo", "vc", "vgx" in commonfiles folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared"I don't want the "office" Microsoft software or no remains of it on my computer as it is a gaming computer so can you help me to identify...
  3. hello i was trying to free up space by deleting some files, is it safe to delete them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello i was trying to free up space by deleting some files, is it safe to delete them?: i saw some folders like "click to run", "ink", "msinfo", "vc", "vgx" in commonfiles folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared"I don't want the "office" Microsoft software or no remains of it on my computer as it is a gaming computer so can you help me to identify...
  4. how can I delete files to free up space?

how can I delete files to free up space?: Please, I need to know how I can delete files to free up space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-files-to-free-up-space/c123eea0-87ec-4cd7-bb1e-fb7ca0035b4b
  5. how can I delete files to free up space?

in Cortana
    how can I delete files to free up space?: Please, I need to know how I can delete files to free up space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-files-to-free-up-space/c123eea0-87ec-4cd7-bb1e-fb7ca0035b4b
  6. how can I delete files to free up space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. While trying to free some space i deleted files from appdata..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    While trying to free some space i deleted files from appdata..: While trying to free some space i deleted files from appdata now start, search, Microsoft store, action centre and calendar don't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-trying-to-free-some-space-i-deleted-files/9740e064-188b-4ba0-bf2b-7b9f589026e0
  8. While trying to free some space i deleted files from appdata..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While trying to free some space i deleted files from appdata..: While trying to free some space i deleted files from appdata now start, search, Microsoft store, action centre and calendar don't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-trying-to-free-some-space-i-deleted-files/9740e064-188b-4ba0-bf2b-7b9f589026e0
  9. While trying to free some space i deleted files from appdata..

10. When i delete files space doesnt free up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When i delete files space doesnt free up.: Ok when i delete files from my secondary harddisk it doesnt free up space but when i right click the drive and hit properties it shows there. How can i fix this visual glitch. The recycle is cleaned and i check disked. submitted by /u/EfePro9 [link] [comments]...