Windows 10: Hello. I would like to know if i can buy a windows 10 licence and MS 365 here in the USA...

Discus and support Hello. I would like to know if i can buy a windows 10 licence and MS 365 here in the USA... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I would like to know if I can buy a Windows 10 license and MS 365 here in the USA and install it on a PC in Africa, for instance. ? Will it work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Shikondjeleni Aukongo, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Hello. I would like to know if i can buy a windows 10 licence and MS 365 here in the USA...

Hello. I would like to know if I can buy a Windows 10 license and MS 365 here in the USA and install it on a PC in Africa, for instance. ? Will it work just as well as it would in USA?

:)

Shikondjeleni Aukongo, Feb 8, 2024

2. Nokia E71 Drive & Walk USA licence

I bought a 30 day liceence for my Nokia E71, for drive & walk in the USA, also downloaded the USA maps prior to leaving the UK. The licence appears on my licenece list. Now i am here in the USA every time I try to use the drive and walk feature I am prompted
    to pick the region , USA, then prompted to buy a licence again.!!!

I am with T mobile

Can anyone help ??

briang---01, Feb 8, 2024
  3. MS: Upgraded Motherboard = New Windows Licence

MS changes licence retrspectively too!

My friend has a eMachines PC complete with OEM installed copy of XP home. The PC stopped working, I investigated and found the power supply blown - easy and cheap to fix £30 - a new power supply from PCWorld. *Smile Hello. I would like to know if i can buy a windows 10 licence  and MS 365 here in the USA... :)
    Then USB and audio on motherboard was found to have failed - easy and cheap to fix - new mother board. £30.*Smile Hello. I would like to know if i can buy a windows 10 licence  and MS 365 here in the USA... :)

So for £60 I have a working PC BUT what is this? XP wants to be validated.
    OK I phone MS and they are very helpful. I put in my valid key and ... Oh dear it is no good. *Mad Hello. I would like to know if i can buy a windows 10 licence  and MS 365 here in the USA... :mad:

After speaking with a number of MS staff they tell me that they cannot help me as it is an OEM copy and give me the number of the eMachines support. I phone the "tech guys" and they are very helpful, tell me how other customers have had the same problem and ask for my extended support contract details - as soon as I say I haven't one they tell me they cannot help me... *Bang Head :banghead:

Back to MicroSoft, it seems the line is new motherboard = new pc = new XP licence
    (cost £199 from PC world). I could get a new PC for not much more than £200 complete with another OEM licence!

I haven't upgraded the PC, I have changed nothing but the powersupply and motherboard. The PC has the same CPU, same memory, same hard disk, same case, same CD drive, same floppy. But microsoft insist it is 'new' and needs a full licence.

Microsoft's policy may help their bank balance and manufacturers of complete pcs but it contibutes to waste, adds to global warming and increases the number of disaffected microsoft users by 2.

So how do I get at all my photos and applications and data? MS answer is to pay for a full licence £199; my answer is to install a second hard drive £50, install linux (free) and copy over my pics, mp3s and data. I will need some new apps too as MS office wont work on linux.

So Microsoft, you have lost me (and my friend) lost future upgrade licence fees to vista, lost MS office licence fees and driven me reluctantly to linux.

PCWorld, I will now advise not to buy a PC with MS windows unless you are willing to pay for ongoing support that covers windows licence costs should the motherboard fail.

BrianHunter, Feb 8, 2024
  4. Hello. I would like to know if i can buy a windows 10 licence and MS 365 here in the USA...

Licencing Microsoft 365

Windows 10 license and Office 365 license are independent of each other. Existence or non-existence of one product doesn't matter for the other. Hence, you can buy Office 365 license without having Windows 10 or vice versa.

Q. If I need to buy windows 10 license first and subscribe to Microsoft 365

A. Not required. But ideally, you would like to have an OS first and then buy applications for that OS.

Q. If I only need to subscribe the Microsoft 365 plan to have the Windows 10 licensing

A. Buying Office 365 doesn't entitle you to Windows 10. Similarly buying Windows 10 doesn't entitle you to Office 365.

Q. When we stop the subscription, the W10 and Office licenses will still be valid on the computers or they are "virtual licenses", only valid for the subscription period.

A. W10 is one time payment and is not on the basis of subscription. Hence, no concept of stopping the subscription for W10.

Office 365 licenses are valid only during the period of the subscription. If you don't renew Office 365, the license will expire and Office 365 will go into Read only mode.

There is another version Office 2016 which is one time payment and not on subscription model. Hence, the license is perpetual.

Vijay_Verma, Feb 8, 2024
Thema:

Hello. I would like to know if i can buy a windows 10 licence and MS 365 here in the USA...

1. Hello. I would like to know if i can buy a windows 10 licence and MS 365 here in the USA... - Similar Threads - Hello buy licence

2. Hello, I would like to know how I can download a pre-installation kit for both Windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I would like to know how I can download a pre-installation kit for both Windows 10,...: Hello, I would like to know how I can download a pre-installation kit for both Windows 10, 11 and Office 365 and 2021? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-would-like-to-know-how-i-can-download-a/66c2dfd5-8b0d-4c19-9d62-3165f10bb1b4
  3. Hello, I would like to know how I can download a pre-installation kit for both Windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, I would like to know how I can download a pre-installation kit for both Windows 10,...: Hello, I would like to know how I can download a pre-installation kit for both Windows 10, 11 and Office 365 and 2021? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-would-like-to-know-how-i-can-download-a/66c2dfd5-8b0d-4c19-9d62-3165f10bb1b4
  4. Hello, I would like to know how I can download a pre-installation kit for both Windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Hello. I would like to know if i can buy a windows 10 licence and MS 365 here in the USA...

Hello. I would like to know if i can buy a windows 10 licence and MS 365 here in the USA...: Hello. I would like to know if I can buy a Windows 10 license and MS 365 here in the USA and install it on a PC in Africa, for instance. ? Will it work just as well as it would in USA?...
  6. Hello. I would like to know if i can buy a windows 10 licence and MS 365 here in the USA...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello. I would like to know if i can buy a windows 10 licence and MS 365 here in the USA...: Hello. I would like to know if I can buy a Windows 10 license and MS 365 here in the USA and install it on a PC in Africa, for instance. ? Will it work just as well as it would in USA?...
  7. Hello, I would like to know what this is and if it is a virus, it appeared after I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello, I would like to know what this is and if it is a virus, it appeared after I...: Hello, I would like to know what this is and if it is a virus, it appeared after I uninstalled malwarebytes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-would-like-to-know-what-this-is-and-if-it/cc494ea5-c90e-4094-b54d-f547035430c8
  8. hello i would like to ask if i can turn this off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hello i would like to ask if i can turn this off?: [ATTACH] hello i would like to ask if i can turn this off? i don't know what it is called. sorry it is in danish, but should not matter. https://preview.redd.it/buqjfj6kiyb61.png?width=1419&format=png&auto=webp&s=ca704f1e294fd4192733ba15ff1e973823906625 submitted by...
  9. Can I buy an OEM licence?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I buy an OEM licence?: Some time ago I read online that ANYONE who builds his own pc is qualifiable for OEM licensing. Is that true? I don't want to mess with Microsoft terms of use so I really want to know if I'm allowed to do that....
  10. i would like to download ms-windows store

i would like to download ms-windows store: How do I download ms-windows stores https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-download-ms-windows-store/c50cd570-9126-4cf6-abbb-332010b1f2fd