Windows 10: Hello, is it legal to sell a computer with Windows 10 not activated?

Discus and support Hello, is it legal to sell a computer with Windows 10 not activated? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I was looking to get into selling gaming PC’s on eBay and after doing research into how the PC’s are so cheap I found that they either did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jayden Hurst, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Hello, is it legal to sell a computer with Windows 10 not activated?

Hello, I was looking to get into selling gaming PC’s on eBay and after doing research into how the PC’s are so cheap I found that they either did not include an activated copy of windows or used an OEM key from a redistributor for around $15. Included is a reference image for both of these as examples. I would like to know the legality of both these options and the consequences if they are used for the user, if any at all. I pride myself on providing high quality products and thus am looking for the best and safest route to take for my business and my customers. Thanks! Hello, is it legal to sell a computer with Windows 10 not activated? eadeb8af-dfef-4f23-b371-00438b8dc904?upload=true.jpg Hello, is it legal to sell a computer with Windows 10 not activated? 96be0c93-8c2e-4841-ba15-b90a879ee2dd?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jayden Hurst, Oct 3, 2020
  2. DamianK.1 Win User

What should I do to sell Windows 10 BOX legally?

Hello,

I would like to sell my Windows 10 BOX in pendrive. As far as I know the BOX versions of Windows can be sold legally when they are not installed in any computer. What should I do to be able to sell it legally? Of course, I know I need to uninstall it from
    my PC, but is it enough? Should I just format system partition and my copy of Windows 10 BOX can be sold or should I do something more?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

DamianK.1, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Is this legal? Windows 10 activation

Hello,

I've been looking for a straight answer on this: Can I use my Windows 7 key to legally activate Windows 10?

This method still works for me - but is it actually legal?

HeyNeahmiah, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Hello, is it legal to sell a computer with Windows 10 not activated?

Is it legal to sell PCs with inactive Windows 10 version ?

Hi

I have an electronics shop. I format used PCs and resell them. I use Windows 10 copy downloaded from Microsoft official website. In the installation process I choose "I don't have product keys" hence a watermark appears (it's the costumer duty to buy activation
    key if he wishes). Is it legal to sell these PCs with such Windows version ?

Azzam Alhumaidi, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Hello, is it legal to sell a computer with Windows 10 not activated?

1. Hello, is it legal to sell a computer with Windows 10 not activated? - Similar Threads - Hello legal sell

2. Does this site sell legal Windows activation keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does this site sell legal Windows activation keys?: Does this site sell legal Windows activation keys? https://softkeyworld.com/In other words, could I be prosecuted for using that website to get a Windows key?I am asking because I plan to custom-build a desktop in the near future. I want Windows as my OS, so another one of my...
  3. Does this site sell legal Windows activation keys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does this site sell legal Windows activation keys?: Does this site sell legal Windows activation keys? https://softkeyworld.com/In other words, could I be prosecuted for using that website to get a Windows key?I am asking because I plan to custom-build a desktop in the near future. I want Windows as my OS, so another one of my...
  4. Does this site sell legal Windows activation keys?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Windows not activated Legality

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not activated Legality: At section 5 It states the following : Authorized Software and Activation. You are authorized to use this software only if you are properly licensed and the software has been properly activated with a genuine product key or by other authorized method. So Is it legal to use...
  6. Is Windows 10 Legal without activating it?

Is Windows 10 Legal without activating it?: I have a laptop that comes with windows 10 but its from a company that use KMS server. After several days it work fine but eventually the "activated windows" watermark appear. I can change my background, wallpaper, etc while my windows 10 asked for my key. Is it Legal?...
  7. What should I do to sell Windows 10 BOX legally?

What should I do to sell Windows 10 BOX legally?: Hello, I would like to sell my Windows 10 BOX in pendrive. As far as I know the BOX versions of Windows can be sold legally when they are not installed in any computer. What should I do to be able to sell it legally? Of course, I know I need to uninstall it from my PC, but...
  8. Is it legal to sell a Windows 10 digital license?

Is it legal to sell a Windows 10 digital license?: So, today I decided to sell a digital license I had lying around in a somewhat old PC that I had upgraded to Windows 10 some time ago, after being abandonded due to it being very slow and also due to the fact that I got a new PC, I decided to sell my "old" Windows 10 digital...
  9. Is this legal? Windows 10 activation

Is this legal? Windows 10 activation: Hello, I've been looking for a straight answer on this: Can I use my Windows 7 key to legally activate Windows 10? This method still works for me - but is it actually legal?...
  10. Is it legal to sell PCs with inactive Windows 10 version ?

Is it legal to sell PCs with inactive Windows 10 version ?: Hi I have an electronics shop. I format used PCs and resell them. I use Windows 10 copy downloaded from Microsoft official website. In the installation process I choose "I don't have product keys" hence a watermark appears (it's the costumer duty to buy activation key if he...