Windows 10: Hello Just Ran An Offline Scan and wanted to know if this an issue?

Discus and support Hello Just Ran An Offline Scan and wanted to know if this an issue? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i looked at he logs after the scan and a few say something similar to this Windows Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/X-_GoDz, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Hello Just Ran An Offline Scan and wanted to know if this an issue?

So i looked at he logs after the scan and a few say something similar to this

Windows Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an unexpected event you should review the settings as this may be the result of malware.

Old value: N/A\\Scan\\OfflineScanRun = New value: HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows Defender\\Scan\\OfflineScanRun = 0x0

I just wanted to know if this means a virus is detected? Thanks.

submitted by /u/X-_GoDz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/X-_GoDz, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

offline scan

Hello Peter, *Smile

The yellowish note box at the top of the tutorial below can help show you how to find and read the Windows Defender Offline Scan log files and event logs.

Please just let me know if you have any questions or need help with it.

Windows Defender Offline Scan in Windows 10

Brink, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Scan Offline Option is not Appearing

Hi Gary,

We would like to know more details about your concern about Scan Offline so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Any changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Aug 3, 2020
  4. XPS_87 Win User

Hello Just Ran An Offline Scan and wanted to know if this an issue?

Windows Defender Offline Scan

I have attempted to run a WD offline scan to correct a malware or spyware issue, during the restart a restore / backup option was displayed with no available backups in the list. Why am I seeing this error? A side note, the offline scan never ran, jst
    the prompt for the backup/recovery. Thanks for any assistance.

XPS_87, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Hello Just Ran An Offline Scan and wanted to know if this an issue?

1. Hello Just Ran An Offline Scan and wanted to know if this an issue? - Similar Threads - Hello Ran Offline

2. Microsoft Defender Offline scan issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Offline scan issue: Hi everyone, I am having trouble running my Microsoft Defender Offline scan. When I try to start the scan, it will show the loading of the scan for a while and then my computer will restart without performing the scan. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  3. Windows Defender Offline scan just rebooted the system not scanned.

Windows Defender Offline scan just rebooted the system not scanned.: I've already updated windows. But recently, I've uninstalled mcafee. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-offline-scan-just-rebooted-the/e5dc626c-5d10-4dec-a665-ae7bd2c4b9b6
  4. Just wanted to know

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just wanted to know: So, after like 2-3 months of getting my laptop, there is this weird thing that has been happening(idk if its weird and happens to everyone but just wanted to now). If I, for ex, press the windows key there is a 1-2 seconds delay in opening the start menu but if I open it...
  5. Offline scanning

Offline scanning: When I run the offline virus scan, that scan does not update the scanning history. Is this indicative of a problem or just a history design issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/offline-scanning/2c2cd4e6-4c38-4834-9c16-433388108a55
  6. Offline scanning

Offline scanning: When I run the offline virus scan, that scan does not update the scanning history. Is this indicative of a problem or just a history design issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-scanning/2c2cd4e6-4c38-4834-9c16-433388108a55
  7. offline scan

offline scan: I have Windows 1909 with Defender. When I run the offline scan, it disappears when done and I cannot fine the results. I looked in event viewer but I am not skilled enough to know where to go. One place seemed right but it was not intelligible to the average user. Could...
  8. How to tell if Offline defender scan ran successfully?

How to tell if Offline defender scan ran successfully?: I tried to run the "offline scan". It rebooted, looks like it did something, and then looks like it booted to normal windows. According to what I could find on the web, it should have put a log file in "C:\windows\Microsoft\Antimalware\Support" folder, but that folder...
  9. offline scan

offline scan: Hi all. Is there anyone that can inform me on how to do a offline scan with w/dows10 defender. Before the update feature there was a do offline scan feature....
  10. Ran Offline Virus Scan, Can Find No Results of Scan

Ran Offline Virus Scan, Can Find No Results of Scan: Windows 10 Pro: Tried running an offline scan today on a newly-built PC. When I returned I found Windows had booted to the desktop but there was no 'results' report on what offline scan had found or didn't find. How do I get the results of an offline scan?...