Windows 10: Hello, My laptop says it has two slots for ram, but I never saw one.

Discus and support Hello, My laptop says it has two slots for ram, but I never saw one. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've got a toshiba satellite c55-b5100 and I replaced the ram chip I saw with a new one, but task manager says I've got another free slot. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SandyPlayz86, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Hello, My laptop says it has two slots for ram, but I never saw one.

I've got a toshiba satellite c55-b5100 and I replaced the ram chip I saw with a new one, but task manager says I've got another free slot.

I don't know if windows says this by default or what, but the other problem is, if I installed 8gb, and still have the 4gb, could I find the extra slot and put the 4gb stick in?

Also: Where is the extra slot?

But another thing, is on website, it says Only 8gb is the upgrade limit. I am positive that only applies to the slot though.

:)

SandyPlayz86, Jun 13, 2020

2. Ram slot

Greetings my friend. Like 'Mike P', my dell has only two slots as well. There are several laptops that have four (4) ram slots. Lenovo, ASUS, some HP's and some dell's. I would suggest going to a website like newegg.com, or other computer accessory place,
    and looking at their memory/ram selections. Reading their details should provide some insight as to the number of slots.

Of course, if your budget allows, the more ram you have, the better the laptop will be.

I hope this helps.

Derek

DerekW USA, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Ram slot

Hi,

I upgraded my pc ram to 8gb. When i opened the panel and checked the ram slot i saw just two and task manager is showing 4 slots. Is this right?

Hello, My laptop says it has two slots for ram, but I never saw one. 9ed8185a-eef3-497f-9a93-fa23200a3413.png

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

petertaiwo, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Hello, My laptop says it has two slots for ram, but I never saw one.

Windows 10 Task Manager RAM Slots Indicator

In Windows 10, on the performance tab, under memory in task manager, it says "Slots used: 1 of 2"

I was wondering if this is reliable. Searching my laptop online suggests that it only has one slot. Is it worth buying an extra stick of RAM or should I open it up first to check?

joe jordan, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Hello, My laptop says it has two slots for ram, but I never saw one.

1. Hello, My laptop says it has two slots for ram, but I never saw one. - Similar Threads - Hello laptop says

2. Task manager say 1 out of 2 slots in RAM.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager say 1 out of 2 slots in RAM.: So in task manager, it says I used 6/7.4 GB of RAM and I want to reduce that. I looked at the bottom and it says slots used: 1 of 2. Does this mean that if I finish using 1 slot, I would be able to use the 2nd one? Am I already using the 2nd one?Thank you so much- William...
  3. Task manager say 1 out of 2 slots in RAM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager say 1 out of 2 slots in RAM.: So in task manager, it says I used 6/7.4 GB of RAM and I want to reduce that. I looked at the bottom and it says slots used: 1 of 2. Does this mean that if I finish using 1 slot, I would be able to use the 2nd one? Am I already using the 2nd one?Thank you so much- William...
  4. Ram slot cause laptop freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram slot cause laptop freezing: i have acer nitro-5 laptop that i bought a year ago. recently i started noticing that windows always freezes at startup, weather its shut down or even in sleep mode, once i open the laptop, the screen freeze. i have two slots 16 GB rams i removed one of the rams and the pc...
  5. Ram slot cause laptop freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ram slot cause laptop freezing: i have acer nitro-5 laptop that i bought a year ago. recently i started noticing that windows always freezes at startup, weather its shut down or even in sleep mode, once i open the laptop, the screen freeze. i have two slots 16 GB rams i removed one of the rams and the pc...
  6. Ram slot cause laptop freezing

7. Hardware reserved RAM even if one RAM slot is used

Hardware reserved RAM even if one RAM slot is used: [ATTACH] This is what happened when I use this computer. When I boot up, it boots normally, but when I log in to my account on Windows, the task manager said it consumed more than 40% of RAM. With only one slot of 4 GB RAM used, half a gig of ram was hardware reserved. I...
  8. Bought this laptop off of Ebay. It says it has Windows 10 but when I turned it on I saw...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bought this laptop off of Ebay. It says it has Windows 10 but when I turned it on I saw...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KAYEFFCEE10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f92pax/bought_this_laptop_off_of_ebay_it_says_it_has/
  9. On my laptop and I saw this message

in Windows 10 Support
    On my laptop and I saw this message: I just switch on my lap top and I saw this black background with some white words message, I don't understand what is going on and it just disappeared after a while. [img] 125904
  10. RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Or mobo ram slot problem: Noobie here! Just wanna ask cause I'm having troubles determining whether the ram or ram slot is the problem in my pc. My pc's been recently having BSOD saying "Machine check exception". I've tried every solutions online but it doesnt fix the problem, every time I try to...