Windows 10: Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

Discus and support Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone I just got my new Windows 10 Laptop from Toshiba. It is 15 inches, has an i76700HQ processor quad core, 4k screen, 16 GB Ram, 512 GB SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mikey5Aces, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

Hi everyone

I just got my new Windows 10 Laptop from Toshiba. It is 15 inches, has an i76700HQ processor quad core, 4k screen, 16 GB Ram, 512 GB SSD and a 4GB NVidia 950 GTX Card. Literally since I got it 5 days ago(online from Costco), every 30 minutes or so(sometimes longer or shorter) no matter what I am doing the Blue Screen of Death appears and restarts the computer using the "Driver Power State Failure" error. I have done a lot of research on how to try to fix this- I updated all my drivers using DriverEasy. Before that I went into Safe Mode and entered devmgmt.msc in the run dialog box and got a list of all the drivers. 2 of them had a yellow exclamation point under them- firmware and general pnp monitor. I uninstalled them and then got the up to date drivers. Anyways, I went back and checked and they still are yellow in safe mode. I tried again to get the newest drivers but it says it is up to date!!! This is so frustrating!!! There are yellow exclamations by them in safe mode indicating the drivers need updated but when I try to update them they say they are up to date lol(pnp monitor driver says up to date but it is from 2006). What a joke.
    Anyways, the Driver power State Failure error still comes like clockwork and I have to restart my whole computer. The safe mode driver thing didn't help at all.
    I bought reimage and used it(firmware yellow exclamation point went away) and it seemed to have fixed some other stuff ironically but not that. I think there are some issues with the nvidia thing as I have read. I learned how to open dmp files and will attach the most recent one. Reading them there might be some issue with the pci too. I also analyzed that this was a Windows 8.1 laptop that was upgraded. I know that because in 1 of the dmps I was reading it said DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
    Anyways, then I reinstalled windows through the reset option and it still did the BSOD Driver Power State Failure today but just once. I was also noticing that if I tried to open Chrome with the NVidia card Chrome would stop responding and soon after the BSOD would appear. Recently I disabled the NVidia Streaming Service and that really hasn't happened. Also I was noticing that if I didn't touch my computer for like 7-9 minutes the BSOD would appear. Just weird and frustrating.
    Obviously whoever upgraded this laptop before selling it did a bad job because there are definitely some incompatibility issues there. I just would like to pinpoint it exactly and to know what to do after. I have spent way too much time on this when I should have been enjoying a nice laptop!! I hope there can be someone on here who can read my dump file, understand it and help me fix this. I have never had a windows 10 laptop before and I am a complete novice.
    Thank you so much!! I am going crazy here Michael
    Lost my other dump files on my pc but I have a couple of them that I sent to me in an email that I cut and pasted. If anyone needs to see it please let me know.

:)

Mikey5Aces, Dec 6, 2015

2. Rolling back to Windows 7 from Windows 10, then back to 10 when support for 7 ends.

1. Go back to Windows 7 or go back to the previous build?

2. Did you purchase the refurbished computer on 10 January, first use it on 10 January, or did the refurbisher (I assume) "install" Win10 on 10 January?

3a. Where did you purchased the refurbished computer?

3b. Do you know who refurbished it?

4. What Windows 10 Version & OS Build is currently installed?

Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
    key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments:

• IMHO you can't trust the security of any used computer unless & until YOU have formatted the HDD & then done a clean install of Windows (or paid someone - not the supposed "refurbisher" - to do it for you).
    • Mom's prolly better off sticking with Win10. Learning new stuff is good for her! <wink>

We purchased the computer from a Comprenew store on January 18, but the date on the OS install was January 10. We just activated the software on the 18th. Comprenew recycles old electronics etc. and is a certified Microsoft refurbisher. I am not positive
    which build is installed, but I can find it when I get over there. It looks like we have lots of help here to figure things out... all is tremendously appreciated. And... yes....it is good for her to learn new stuff, so we are trying to encourage her to
    learn the "new" Windows OS. We'll see what happens. Thanks again! Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop :) Oh yeah, I do need to double check if it says go back to Windows7 or previous build...thanks for that. I've been looking at too many computers lately... can't remember which one says
    what. :[

Need some help with..., Dec 6, 2015
  3. Information from calender missing after updating to version 1709

Hi, and thanks. There were only about 10 or so events with a couple paragraphs of notes on each event. The syncing process was taking hours. Something isn't right. I'm pretty sure it's not a bandwidth issue. The same message keeps coming up stating "We're
    not able to show you some events in this time frame. But They're still there-via your account provider." What exactly does that mean. It sounds like it should be a simple fix. Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? I really need this info.

One other thing, as you can see, there does not appear to be another restore point prior to the 1709 update. All attempts failed.

Need some help with..., Dec 6, 2015
  4. Chris2005 Win User

Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

I'll let someone else analyze the dump files, many people here are far more apt at than I am, lol.

However, this problem is most probably caused by driver issues. Outdated drivers or incompatible drivers can cause this problem.

So, once someone analyzes your dump files, we might be able to get the ball rolling on a possible problem driver. *Smile

Chris2005, Dec 6, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi Mikey5Aces,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Let me know if you still need help *Smile

axe0, Dec 8, 2015
  6. Thx Ace0. I am getting a replacement laptop but just for curiosity sake, the dump files I cut and pasted on here, what is your analysis of it briefly?? Just really curious to what specific driver(if it was a driver) that was causing this.

Also, when I read the pdf file of the "newest" version of the nvidia driver 359.06, it doesn't list as compatible for laptops with my graphics card 950M. Only laptops with 980 and 970. Desktops it does list 950 though. When I went to the Toshiba website driver page, the latest driver for nvidia for my specific laptop was version 353.74. Do I use the Toshiba nvidia listed on their page or try to use the one on nvidia's webpage version 359.06, even though it doesn't list laptops as compatible with the 950M card. However when that version was installed on my laptop it said my driver is up to date. I am confused.

Thx Axe0

Mikey5Aces, Dec 8, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    The Nvidia video driver has caused the crash.
    For you, only install drivers from Toshiba.
    Manufacturers alter their drivers, this makes you forced to install only their drivers.

I understood from one of your posts in another thread that you have used DriverEasy?
    Code: 4: kd> !irp ffffe001578f6010 Irp is active with 6 stacks 5 is current (= 0xffffe001578f6200) No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace. Pending has been returned cmd flg cl Device File Completion-Context [ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000 Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 [ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000 Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 [ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000 Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 [ 16, 0] 0 0 ffffe0015343b060 00000000 fffff8010479d4e0-ffffd0005450a7e0 \Driver\pci dxgkrnl!DpiFdoPowerCompletionRoutine Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 >[ 16, 2] 0 e1 ffffe00154dff140 00000000 fffff803eb114598-ffffe00157be3c28 Success Error Cancel pending Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys \Driver\nvlddmkm nt!PopRequestCompletion Args: 00000000 00000001 00000001 00000000 [ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-ffffe00157be3c28 Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 4: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff801`03b10000 fffff801`04607000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Tue Nov 24 19:15:37 2015 (5654A949) CheckSum: 00ABBCF5 ImageSize: 00AF7000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Dec 8, 2015
  8. Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

Yeah I used drivereasy and it seemed to be good. It installed all the latest drivers except when it tried to install the both
    NVIDIA driver and Integrated Intel driver. Both times a message came up saying the drivers are out of date or something (can't remember the exact message) What do you think of drivereasy?

Also, I think when I tried to install the Toshiba Nvidia driver from its website, it said it is an older version and it wouldn't let me. So even though that is the correct driver for me to install, my computer wouldn't let me install it because I had version 359.06 already there. What should I do? Just worried that this new laptop will have the same problem.

Mikey5Aces, Dec 8, 2015
  9. So Axe0, if I get my laptop and version 359.06 is installed on it (not the Toshiba version that I need), what am I supposed to do? How do I install the Toshiba version that I need if it is an older version that my computer won't let me install. Is there a manual way to do it?

Mikey5Aces, Dec 8, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Lets first focus on the drivers from DriverEasy

Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with DriverEasy, please remove them as it may cause trouble.
    Do you know what drivers have been installed with this program?

11. Do you know what drivers have been installed with this program? You know I don't remember but it was about 8 or 9, in all different areas. Sound drivers, pci drivers, etc... you don't like it? Just for the record, I used that 2 days after the Driver State Power Failure BSOD's. I don't think using drivereasy was the problem do you?

Mikey5Aces, Dec 8, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    The reason I put it up is that drivereasy could easily make the problem much worse.

Any other driver then from your manufacturer could give problems, honestly I have seen only 1 exception but I garantee this is no exception.

13. Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

Hmmm. I have read that drivereasy is a good tool to use. Helps get all the up to date drivers. However, with this next laptop I am not going to use any of these things. I am leaving McAfee on and for the time being, I'll leave all the bloatware on as well. I will see what version of nvidia is installed and then go to toshiba and install their stuff.

Do you think now that you read a dump file that it wasn't hardware issues but all driver issues on my old laptop? Still good you think to replace?

Mikey5Aces, Dec 8, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    I think you need to get rid of that software, it is pure scam.
    There are many users who have been forced to do a clean install, due to the amount of bluescreens after using such software.
    They were tired of all the bluescreens, caused by drivers 'that had been updated' by such software. Unfortunately they didn't note the drivers that were updated.

15. Wow didn't know that, thx.

Should be getting my laptop by later tonight. I'll let you know if it seems to work and if not, what the problems are. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thx for all your help, you are great.

Mikey5Aces, Dec 8, 2015
Thema:

Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

1. Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Hello need real

2. HELLO I NEED HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELLO I NEED HELP: I'm screaming right now since my computer wont boot and wont get to sign in page anymore. I get to the welcome page and repeat the process over again. This is the worse since I need to get to the computer to do my work. I need this badly. Can someone help me....
  3. Hello I need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I need help: I need to finish all the updates today but it is not finishing says some updates are missing. When I run it will load immediately then stop with nothing. Is it temporary not working it is just me? I need help....
  4. Hello I need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I need help: Hello,I purchased laptop online and everything works fine and it runs smooth however the MS Store is not opening. I know I need to sign in to Microsoft account so I did to ensure that my MS Store will work however it is not opening at all. I try to run wsreset but nothing is...
  5. Hello I need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello I need help: I need some help in the icons inside the arrow of system tray. When I click on the arrow and choose any icon there it will not open or it will not turn on at all. Yesterday it is working fine but I dont know what happen why it is not working today. The only thing that Im...
  6. Hello I need help

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Hello I need help: I hope you're doing fine. Folks of Microsoft I need assistance with my Store never download apps. Its funny since I can download from third party website some apps that I need but I need to download apps from my Store and it is not working. It says something went wrong with...
  7. Hello i need help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello i need help: I have a problem . on computerThe problem is that I cannot do anything I cannot open the Windows menu and I cannot do anything. If I click the left mouse button, the browser opens for me and I cannot write anything in the browser and I cannot download anything. Please help me...
  8. Hello, I was just needed some help real quick.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello, I was just needed some help real quick.: So my windows button on my kb just recently broke so I was wondering if there was a command that could open the tab. Thanks submitted by /u/ThatDudeAnsoon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ia7otw/hello_i_was_just_needed_some_help_real_quick/
  9. Need "Real" help with a password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need "Real" help with a password: I have an old account that I haven't used in forever and I want to update it with my new email, however, its been so long that there was "suspicious activity" and now it's locked for my "safety." In order to unlock it, I need an email that I used over ten used ago and only...
  10. Hello, I need help with touchpad settings on a laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello, I need help with touchpad settings on a laptop: I just recently installed windows 10 from a flash drive on to my friends laptop in which I had just upgraded to an ssd, installation went fine but there are no touchpad settings and the touch pad does not work, any suggestions? Anything is appreciated! submitted by...