Windows 10: Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

Discus and support Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Axe0, Okay so some good news so far. Got my replacement laptop and after installing chrome, I checked the driver version of nvidia on my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mikey5Aces, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

Hi Axe0,

Okay so some good news so far. Got my replacement laptop and after installing chrome, I checked the driver version of nvidia on my laptop. It is the same one that is on toshiba's laptop 353.74. I knew it, once I read the pdf file yesterday on nvidia's supposed "new" driver version 359.06, it did not support my laptop with my 950M Graphics Card.

So I have the correct driver thank heavens installed but here is the concern, immediately when my laptop loaded, Nvidia said it had a new update and driver to be installed. I didn't do it obviously. I am scared that NVIDIA will try to update this driver automatically and that will ruin my laptop.

How can I disable NVIDIA from ever updating my drivers until I want them to? I tried to follow some instructions I read on the NVIDIA website but it wasn't accurate. I didn't have a preferences tab on the nvidia control panel to disable the updates.

Also, I am noticing the blue circle coming on a lot. Is that because of unnecessary bloatware?

Last thing Axe0, if Nvidia does install that new driver version I don't want, I know it won't let me reinstall an earlier version so what do I do? There is a way to get the right older version back on my laptop right?

Thanks sir.

Mikey5Aces, Dec 9, 2015

2. Hmmm, well I guess my excitement was short lived. I tried to open Chrome with my NVIDIA Card and it worked for 5 minutes, then it stopped responding and then it did the BSOD Driver Power State Failure. I am wondering if Chrome is the main problem but why wouldn't I be able to open it with my NVIDIA card?? Now did I ruin my computer and it is going to start doing the BSOD every 10 minutes?? I am sad now. What should I do Axe0?

Mikey5Aces, Dec 9, 2015
  3. axe0 New Member
    Please make a screenshot of the blue circle, I haven't seen any ever.

When you install the nvidia drivers from your manufacturer, it is recommended to use the custom settings so you are able to choose to only install the drivers. That would prevent the message of updates.

When you want another driver, simply use DDU.

4. Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

Should I get the dump file, cut and paste it and post it on here for you to look at?

Mikey5Aces, Dec 9, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    When you get a bluescreen, just run the dm log collector and upload the zip.
    Copy/paste the content of the crash won't be very helpful.

6. Can you walk me step by step how to do this? I really am a novice at this and I don't know how. Thx Axe0

Mikey5Aces, Dec 9, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    It is the same file you already ran from the BSOD Posting Instructions in the first post
    Attachment 52931
    BSOD Posting Instructions

8. Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

Okay I got the zip, how do I get it on here again?

Mikey5Aces, Dec 9, 2015
  9. sorry, was being lazy. Just had to read and get refreshed on the subject lol.

Mikey5Aces, Dec 9, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    No crash is recorded in the events.

Please check {windows partition}\windows\minidump and check if there are any dump files saved.
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop [​IMG]
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

11. Sigh... lol - i tell you Axe0, I will be an expert in dumps and debugging and everything else within a few weeks.

Give me a few minutes to figure this out. I'll try to hurry.

Mikey5Aces, Dec 9, 2015
  12. Wow, so what does this mean Axe0?? There are no minidumps where they usually would be. After every BSOD is there automatically a dump file created?? I don't see one.

Mikey5Aces, Dec 9, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

I doubt it very hard Mikey5Aces, it is very complicated.
    Being an expert takes years of study and trying in your free time, you need to know many commands and in order to go deeper in debugging, you need to make sure that you are well versed with the Win32 API, Data Structures and have a good understanding of the Kernel. To understand it all, you need the Windows Internal books.

14. axe0 New Member
    Is the dump settings properly configured?
    Is the page file properly configured?
    Is the Windows Error Reporting Service service set to manual?

15. Just followed the tutorial and it was set to automatic memory dump. I switched it now to small memory dump.

How can I get that dump that just happened 20 minutes ago? Since it wasn't set up right is it lost or can I get it now?

Mikey5Aces, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

1. Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Hello need real

2. HELLO I NEED HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELLO I NEED HELP: I'm screaming right now since my computer wont boot and wont get to sign in page anymore. I get to the welcome page and repeat the process over again. This is the worse since I need to get to the computer to do my work. I need this badly. Can someone help me....
  3. Hello I need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I need help: I need to finish all the updates today but it is not finishing says some updates are missing. When I run it will load immediately then stop with nothing. Is it temporary not working it is just me? I need help....
  4. Hello I need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I need help: Hello,I purchased laptop online and everything works fine and it runs smooth however the MS Store is not opening. I know I need to sign in to Microsoft account so I did to ensure that my MS Store will work however it is not opening at all. I try to run wsreset but nothing is...
  5. Hello I need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello I need help: I need some help in the icons inside the arrow of system tray. When I click on the arrow and choose any icon there it will not open or it will not turn on at all. Yesterday it is working fine but I dont know what happen why it is not working today. The only thing that Im...
  6. Hello I need help

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Hello I need help: I hope you're doing fine. Folks of Microsoft I need assistance with my Store never download apps. Its funny since I can download from third party website some apps that I need but I need to download apps from my Store and it is not working. It says something went wrong with...
  7. Hello i need help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello i need help: I have a problem . on computerThe problem is that I cannot do anything I cannot open the Windows menu and I cannot do anything. If I click the left mouse button, the browser opens for me and I cannot write anything in the browser and I cannot download anything. Please help me...
  8. Hello, I was just needed some help real quick.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello, I was just needed some help real quick.: So my windows button on my kb just recently broke so I was wondering if there was a command that could open the tab. Thanks submitted by /u/ThatDudeAnsoon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ia7otw/hello_i_was_just_needed_some_help_real_quick/
  9. Need "Real" help with a password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need "Real" help with a password: I have an old account that I haven't used in forever and I want to update it with my new email, however, its been so long that there was "suspicious activity" and now it's locked for my "safety." In order to unlock it, I need an email that I used over ten used ago and only...
  10. Hello, I need help with touchpad settings on a laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello, I need help with touchpad settings on a laptop: I just recently installed windows 10 from a flash drive on to my friends laptop in which I had just upgraded to an ssd, installation went fine but there are no touchpad settings and the touch pad does not work, any suggestions? Anything is appreciated! submitted by...