Windows 10: Hello no longer working on surface pro 4 after the "2004" update but camera works fine

Discus and support Hello no longer working on surface pro 4 after the "2004" update but camera works fine in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Cumulative update 2004 on 8-14-2020 is not allowing face recognition. The camera light & busy led no longer turn on like they use to when attempting... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Joseph Stateson, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Hello no longer working on surface pro 4 after the "2004" update but camera works fine

Cumulative update 2004 on 8-14-2020 is not allowing face recognition. The camera light & busy led no longer turn on like they use to when attempting hello recognition. There is a yelllow bang at the hello driver and all update attempts report I have the latest driver.

Need help

:)

Joseph Stateson, Aug 16, 2020

2. Surface Camera Windows Hello on Surface Pro 4

First of all,

thank you for the reply.

I eventually went into Device Manager, then opened System Devices. I opened Microsoft IR camera front and Surface camera windows hello. I delete the both drivers and reboot 4-5 times repeat and once instead reboot, I completely shut down the computer.
    The process eventually worked and driver was fixed. Now the camera works fine. I'd suggest everyone who has same issue, try these steps. Open Microsoft IR camera front, then go to Driver. Uninstall the driver. Same way with Surface Camera Windows Hello.
    Delete the driver. The driver automatically install itself after reboot the computer. First few times I tried, that didn't fix the issue. However, I kept trying it, all the sudden, it fixed the issue. It was really strange.

Even though it seems working fine now, I really want Microsoft tech to look at this issue since number of people are having similar issue.

One thing I can say is that I didn't install any software or made any changes to this computer when the issue happened.

Thank you.

Hiro Hobi001, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Windows Hello is not available for surface pro 4

Windows Hello is not available for surface pro 4 after updating to Win10 1709.

Deleting and re-install Microsoft IR Camera Front and Surface Camera Windows hello does not work for me.

lingxizhang, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Hello no longer working on surface pro 4 after the "2004" update but camera works fine

Camera and Hello feature not working on my Surface Pro 4

Everything was working fine, but the last few days when I turn on my Surface I get a message saying my camera isn't on. When I check my settings, the camera IS on. Due to the camera not functioning as it should, my face recognition isn't working for my
    sign in. Suggestions???

***Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC ***

CherylSmith1, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Hello no longer working on surface pro 4 after the "2004" update but camera works fine

1. Hello no longer working on surface pro 4 after the "2004" update but camera works fine - Similar Threads - Hello longer working

2. Windows Hello on Surface Go Not Working After 2004 Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello on Surface Go Not Working After 2004 Update: Windows 10 Updated w/2004 Hello consistently not working after one or maybe two initial successes. Have tried to improve face recognition with no relief. In looking around windows and surface forums, I see that this a common and known issue. Apparently it has something to...
  3. Surface pro 4 trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4 trackpad not working: Help! I have a surface pro model that's built in 2016. The keyboard works but the trackpad stops working after an windows resetting. I wonder if anyone could help me in the right direction? When I check device manager, there is no device related to the trackpad. I wonder...
  4. Windows Hello camera not working after 2004 fresh install.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello camera not working after 2004 fresh install.: My Creative Blaster Senz3D camera is not recognized by windows hello after a fresh install of Windows 10 2004. I Guess I should't have updated as windows update showed they we're gonna be issues and that I should wait. But I needed a Fresh Install, and it installed the 2004...
  5. Windows hello not working on surface pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello not working on surface pro 4: Hi everyone i upgraded windows 10 in mysurface pro 4 before upgradin windows hello was working correctly after that it stoped working saying We couldnt find a camera for windows hello i have updated the driver and everything but nothing happend...
  6. Surface Pro 4 window update 10 Multiple Monitors no longer working

Surface Pro 4 window update 10 Multiple Monitors no longer working: Before the update I had the surface pro 4 hooked up to two external monitors. One connected directly and the second through a docking station. It now will display on the one directly hooked up but the other connected by docking station will not. I went in to display and to...
  7. Surface Pro 4 speakers and pen no longer working

Surface Pro 4 speakers and pen no longer working: Hello, My speakers and pen on my Surface Pro 4 both stopped working. Both are installed and recognized, but are not functional. I've updated drivers and reset the Surface but don't know what to do. Can anyone please confirm the drivers for these items? Maybe I can...
  8. Surface Pro 4 - Windows Hello not working for Domain Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 4 - Windows Hello not working for Domain Account: Windows Hello not working under domain account. I have tried the guide below but no luck. Kindly share if any solution available for this issue. https://www.surfacetablethelp.com/2018/04/cannot-enable-windows-hello-on-domain-joined-pc-with-windows-10-1709.html OS: Windows...
  9. Surface Pro 4 not working properly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 not working properly.: I've recently started to encounter some issues with my surface pro 4, some apps such as calculator, and alarms don't start. they'll pop up then close by itself immediately after. the photos app was doing the same and i would get an error when trying to open any photo but i...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update: Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I have noticed in Device Manger that under Human Interface Devices that Wacom Device has a yellow triangle. If I look at Wacom Device Properties I see Device status --- This device cannot start...