Windows 10: Hello not letting me log into a couple email accounts unless I sign in with hello

Discus and support Hello not letting me log into a couple email accounts unless I sign in with hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I tried to go into Outlook in one of my email accounts, I have my email, my wife's email and a combined email account. When it opened up, it also... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RichardQueen1, May 30, 2019.

1. Hello not letting me log into a couple email accounts unless I sign in with hello

I tried to go into Outlook in one of my email accounts, I have my email, my wife's email and a combined email account. When it opened up, it also opened a page saying to set-up 'hello'. (I have no intention of using hello and my computer is not capable of it anyway). I shut that page and the account just switches back to "Need Password", I enter my regular password and the hello window opens again. I close it again and as soon as I do, it goes right back to the "Need Password" again. I have 3 Outlook accounts and it does this on my wife's email and our combined email accounts. Yet it doesn't do it on my own individual account. Why?

How do I get this hello to stop and let me stay logged in with my regular password, which is what I want???

:)

RichardQueen1, May 30, 2019
  2. Jenny Ali Win User

Windows hello won't let me log in using local password

I accidentally clicked on windows hello when first trying to log in to my laptop (because the text is difficult to avoid, being all over central screen). I now cannot log in as I do not use a Microsoft account and most certainly don't want "hello". This is exacerbated by the fact that Microsoft have my old email address, which I can no longer access, so any attempt to reset password is doomed to failure.
    How do I get my laptop to go back to asking for the local password? I have tried shutting down and counting to 10 etc. but it still only gives me the option to log in through "hello".
    Any help much appreciated.

Jenny Ali, May 30, 2019
  3. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, May 30, 2019
  4. Hello not letting me log into a couple email accounts unless I sign in with hello

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Hello not letting me log into a couple email accounts unless I sign in with hello

1. Hello not letting me log into a couple email accounts unless I sign in with hello - Similar Threads - Hello letting log

2. Windows Hello won't let me use a form of sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello won't let me use a form of sign-in: One day randomly, my pin just stopped working and I tried to create a new one. It then said "set up Windows Hello." When I clicked to setup it showed a loading screen and then it disappeared with no changes or solutions. I did everything asked in the troubleshoot section,...
  3. Windows Hello won't let me use a form of sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello won't let me use a form of sign-in: One day randomly, my pin just stopped working and I tried to create a new one. It then said "set up Windows Hello." When I clicked to setup it showed a loading screen and then it disappeared with no changes or solutions. I did everything asked in the troubleshoot section,...
  4. Windows Hello won't let me use a form of sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows 10 setup skipped Hello step and will not let me log in

Windows 10 setup skipped Hello step and will not let me log in: Hi, which setting up a windows 10 computer, the computer restarted and skipped the hello windows. Now I'm on the log in window with my username but my correct Microsoft password which is of a Godaddy business account will not work. We have never had any issue using the...
  6. Windows 10 setup skipped Hello step and will not let me log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 setup skipped Hello step and will not let me log in: Hi, which setting up a windows 10 computer, the computer restarted and skipped the hello windows. Now I'm on the log in window with my username but my correct Microsoft password which is of a Godaddy business account will not work. We have never had any issue using the...
  7. Windows 10 setup skipped Hello step and will not let me log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows hello pin won't let me sign in on another device

Windows hello pin won't let me sign in on another device: I have been trying to sign into another device for some time now, every time it asks for my PIN it says it is incorrect, but when I put in my PIN on my main computer it works. I have tried changing the PIN and removing it but it still asks for it and still says it is...
  9. will not let me setup windows hello

will not let me setup windows hello: [ATTACH] hello there i have had my laptop acer spin 3 for a while now and everything has been working fine untill oneday i went to sign in on somthing using my hello fingerprint feature when it said somthing along the lines of "please add your fingerprint in...
  10. Hello Sign On

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello Sign On: Hi, I recently purchased an HP Pavilion x360 , when setting up my sign on options, the Hello option was there ; however it states the camera was not found and that it was unavailable for me to set this option up. is my laptop not compatible for this sign on option?> I also...