Windows 10: Hello PIN incorrect error for setting up additional outlook account

Discus and support Hello PIN incorrect error for setting up additional outlook account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I set up a child account for my laptop in order to create a family account on Xbox to play Minecraft with my kid. The purchase was done FOR her account... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NatalieDeNicholas, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Hello PIN incorrect error for setting up additional outlook account

I set up a child account for my laptop in order to create a family account on Xbox to play Minecraft with my kid. The purchase was done FOR her account using the parent account but in order to add it I need to go into outlook with the parent account but I keep getting the Hello PIN incorrect message WHEN THE PIN IS NOT INCORRECT. I have changed the Hello PIN twice and it is still popping up with the error message. My patience is wearing out.

:)

NatalieDeNicholas, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Oct 24, 2020
  4. alvez Win User

Hello PIN incorrect error for setting up additional outlook account

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Hello PIN incorrect error for setting up additional outlook account [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Hello PIN incorrect error for setting up additional outlook account

1. Hello PIN incorrect error for setting up additional outlook account - Similar Threads - Hello PIN incorrect

2. PIN necessary for setting up outlook account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN necessary for setting up outlook account: Hello, I am in a bit of a bind, I want to set a outlook.com account in my outlook that is installed on the pc, and I go trough everything, put the password and it's asking for my PIN for my PC. But I never set up a PIN, or if I did I forgot, but I am fairly certain I didn't,...
  3. PIN necessary for setting up outlook account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN necessary for setting up outlook account: Hello, I am in a bit of a bind, I want to set a outlook.com account in my outlook that is installed on the pc, and I go trough everything, put the password and it's asking for my PIN for my PC. But I never set up a PIN, or if I did I forgot, but I am fairly certain I didn't,...
  4. PIN necessary for setting up outlook account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Set up system with an incorrect PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up system with an incorrect PIN.: I somehow entered my PIN incorrectly twice when I was setting up my computer and now that it is set up and I need to unlock it with the PIN, I cannot do that. I went into the rescue account but the number that was in there was a land line so it was unable to get the code to...
  6. Set up system with an incorrect PIN.

Set up system with an incorrect PIN.: I somehow entered my PIN incorrectly twice when I was setting up my computer and now that it is set up and I need to unlock it with the PIN, I cannot do that. I went into the rescue account but the number that was in there was a land line so it was unable to get the code to...
  7. Hello PIN incorrect - it's not!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello PIN incorrect - it's not!: Hi thereI have Game Pass and my son wants to download games from microsoft store on his login so he can access them. We launch MS store and I try to log in to my MS account. I correctly enter password and then it forces me to enter PIN. It says is incorrect so we log out son...
  8. Hello PIN incorrect - it's not!

Hello PIN incorrect - it's not!: Hi thereI have Game Pass and my son wants to download games from microsoft store on his login so he can access them. We launch MS store and I try to log in to my MS account. I correctly enter password and then it forces me to enter PIN. It says is incorrect so we log out son...
  9. Windows Hello demanding PIN for additional email account on my PC

Windows Hello demanding PIN for additional email account on my PC: I recently set up Windows Hello on my PC. In Outlook, I have my Outlook account as primary, plus an additional account which allows me access to another family member's email which I use on occasion to help with support issues. Now, Outlook is prompting me to supply a PIN or...
  10. Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin: I have been trying to set up Hello for my grand daughter on my system. I have a Dell Inspiron 15, 3000 series. I added her account on my system, and I can log into her account with her pin, but when I try to set up Hello, it says the pin is wrong. The Hello option keeps...