Windows 10: Hello, Question 1) how do i find out what is accessing my flashstick. It has been blinking...

Discus and support Hello, Question 1) how do i find out what is accessing my flashstick. It has been blinking... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I inserted flashstick and immediately It started blinking and continues to do so for 3 hours or more. I cannot get to the files inside. I do not know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StuartRichardson2, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Hello, Question 1) how do i find out what is accessing my flashstick. It has been blinking...

I inserted flashstick and immediately It started blinking and continues to do so for 3 hours or more. I cannot get to the files inside. I do not know what files it contains but would be music files, movie files and maybe some pdfs.

In the window "my PC" I can see

- "C" drive with colour bar graph indicating used capacity and spare capacity

- "D" drive which is the DVD burner

- "G" drive which is the flashstick I mentioned. The icon for "G" drive looks kind of dead or greyed out. There is no colour bar graph but there should be.

I have a Lenovo T440P thinkpad running Win10. there is a single SSD drive in this laptop with several partitions including drive "C"

When I double click the icon for flashstick drive "G" (in my PC), all I get is a small error message "please insert a disk into USB drive (GHello, Question 1) how do i find out what is accessing my flashstick. It has been blinking... :)". The flashstick will not open.

:)

StuartRichardson2, Feb 28, 2019

2. Blinking will not stop

Hello Aswin_Anad,

Thank you for your assistance. Please see the answers to your questions below:

1. Compaq CQ2024PC

2. Windows Update

3. No error message or code on screen.

4. As soon as the update was finished.

5. No changes were made prior to issues.

I also can not use the methods listed (Run the SDC or update the drivers) due to the blinking. As soon as I attempt to access any portion of the screen, start menu, program listing or files on the computer the system starts going into the endless loop and
    the screen continues to blink.

ChrisBlackVal, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Microsoft Hello

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    2. Do you have access to another administrator account on your computer?
    3. Have you recently updated or upgraded your pc?

I suggest you try to login using the onscreen keyboard and enter your credential carefully and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to use on screen keyboard.

1. Select the Ease of Access
      button in the lower-right corner of the sign-in screen.
    2. Select On-Screen Keyboard.

Reply with the information, so that we can help you further.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Hello, Question 1) how do i find out what is accessing my flashstick. It has been blinking...

Blinking Screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Blinking screen issue is usually caused due to Video card drivers.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Hello, Question 1) how do i find out what is accessing my flashstick. It has been blinking...

1. Hello, Question 1) how do i find out what is accessing my flashstick. It has been blinking... - Similar Threads - Hello Question find

2. how do i find out what documents have been printed recently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i find out what documents have been printed recently: where can i find a list of documents recently printed off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-out-what-documents-have-been-printed/0c0d910d-1333-4c9c-b3b7-46624bc89bee
  3. how do i find out what documents have been printed recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i find out what documents have been printed recently: where can i find a list of documents recently printed off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-out-what-documents-have-been-printed/0c0d910d-1333-4c9c-b3b7-46624bc89bee
  4. how do i find out what documents have been printed recently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to find out if anyone has / had access to my network?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to find out if anyone has / had access to my network?: Hello everyone How can I see if anyone from the outside, has or had access to my network? I know of Router logs, and various software to scan the network for connected devices Is it possible to see in Event Viewer? If yes, then how? Other ways of finding out? Network...
  6. Question 1: How do I update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question 1: How do I update?: I want to know how to update to the latest windows version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-1-how-do-i-update/737b99fa-5c3d-4f13-81e8-1828e103c082
  7. How do I find my question?

How do I find my question?: I don't remember the category. how can I find my question please Jack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-question/fb331b4f-99e3-4f0b-a501-a2c2ffb77115
  8. How do I find out what was in a feature update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I find out what was in a feature update?: I recently downloaded a feature update, upon downloading the update I wanted to see what it added, but when I click the see whats new in this update link in the update history this is all i get https://i.imgur.com/sIpPCGU.png Is there a way to find out what it actually...
  9. How do I find out what device is connecting?

How do I find out what device is connecting?: I have a PC that will randomly play the tune for device connect. I have looked at the system event viewer log and don't see anything showing something connected. As a test I connected a flash drive and I didn't see anything logged either. Is there another place to look to see...
  10. How do I find out if my laptop has Bluetooth

How do I find out if my laptop has Bluetooth: Hi I have recently purchased some Bluetooth headphones and presumed my laptop would be Bluetooth enabled. When going on the action centre & clicking connect, it cannot find my device. If it isn't built in can someone please recommend the best adaptor for it. Thank you....