Windows 10: Hello sign in not working after Refresh. "Message shows compatible camera not recognised."

Discus and support Hello sign in not working after Refresh. "Message shows compatible camera not recognised." in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi. My PC is a year old and was suddenly working very slowly so I did a fresh installation of Windows with the Refresh feature. Since then, the hello... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SueMannings, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Hello sign in not working after Refresh. "Message shows compatible camera not recognised."

Hi. My PC is a year old and was suddenly working very slowly so I did a fresh installation of Windows with the Refresh feature. Since then, the hello sign in which has always worked no longer works.

I've tried two suggestions from within the community but neither of them has worked. One recommended going into the Bio data file and removing two files. The other suggested unchecking Fast StartUp. Neither worked.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted. Thank you, in advance.

:)

SueMannings, Apr 23, 2020

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Windows Hello sign error: Couldn't Turn on the Camera. Please sign-inwith you PIN, Surface Pro

Hi Ameera,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be when feature do not work the way they supposed to and we truly appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work on this issue. This issue can occur if the camera driver is not updated or due to some hardware
    issues related to the camera. In order to isolate the cause of this error, please follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1: Check if the camera is working.

1. Log in to the system.
    2. Go to Start menu and select Camera app.
    3. Check if the camera is working fine.
    4. If not, please update camera driver (you can refer
      Update drivers in Windows 10
      for the steps).

Method 2: Troubleshoot problems with Windows hello.

Since you are getting the error "Couldn't start camera. Please sign in with PIN", we would suggest you to refer

Troubleshoot problems with Windows hello Surface
    under the section Windows Hello doesn't recognize my face or fingerprint or there is an error message and try performing the troubleshooting steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Hello sign in not working after Refresh. "Message shows compatible camera not recognised."

Windows Hello not working.

I only noticed this after the most recent update, but not sure that is the cause. I've followed some fix suggestions like removing/reinstalling the Hello driver and the IR front camera driver, but that has not solved the problem. When I go to the sign-in options I see the message "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown".

Hello sign in not working after Refresh. "Message shows compatible camera not recognised." [​IMG]

CalypsoArt, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Hello sign in not working after Refresh. "Message shows compatible camera not recognised."

1. Hello sign in not working after Refresh. "Message shows compatible camera not recognised." - Similar Threads - Hello sign working

2. hello does not recognise camera.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello does not recognise camera.: hello says camera not compatible on my dell xps 15 7590. dell says camera ok is w11 issue. checked driver etc. also have dell xps 17 which i be;leive has same camera and thats ok...
  3. hello does not recognise camera.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello does not recognise camera.: hello says camera not compatible on my dell xps 15 7590. dell says camera ok is w11 issue. checked driver etc. also have dell xps 17 which i be;leive has same camera and thats ok...
  4. Windows Hello not compatible with Lenovo camera?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello not compatible with Lenovo camera?: I'm not able to use facial recognition to login to my Lenovo laptop. Settings state camera not compatible with Windows Hello. Please advise. Thank you, Bernie...
  5. Windows Hello not compatible with Lenovo camera?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello not compatible with Lenovo camera?: I'm not able to use facial recognition to login to my Lenovo laptop. Settings state camera not compatible with Windows Hello. Please advise. Thank you, Bernie...
  6. Hello Face Compatible Camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Face Compatible Camera: I just opened my brand new surface laptop go and the face ID is not working. There is an error about not being able to find a compatible camera. I see all kinds of posts about how to easily fix by installing drivers. I did not have to do this with my surface touch pro...
  7. Windows Hello - no compatible camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello - no compatible camera: Hello, For about a month now, I have not been able to log in with Windows Hello face recognition. Under the logon options it says something like: "No Windows Hello Face Recognition compatible camera was found". Before it stopped working at all, the camera recognition didn't...
  8. Windows Hello Face is not compatible with camera

Windows Hello Face is not compatible with camera: [ATTACH] Hi sir, Why is my windows 10 not compatible with windows hello face ? I asked many advisor but no one solve my problem. Your support is very poor....
  9. Windows Hello Face is not working by not recognising built-in camera and not allowing...

Windows Hello Face is not working by not recognising built-in camera and not allowing...: I have a Windows 10 2004 19592.1001 laptop which has a built-in camera. The camera works fine when opened using the Camera app, but is not recognized by the Windows Hello Face feature. [ATTACH] A deeper view: [ATTACH] Windows couldn't find a camera compatible with...
  10. Windows Hello No Compatible Camera Found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello No Compatible Camera Found: I just recently purchased a razer blade 15 2019 base model, and Windows hello facial recognition isn't working. It says "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello." I have been looking online for solutions and it seems that running the web cam driver in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello windows 10 camera not working