Windows 10: Hello. Start does not have icons

Discus and support Hello. Start does not have icons in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My start does not have all the icons and programs that I installed. Running Windows 10 is not easy. This gives me a lot of headaches. Im dealing with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by raphael.blick, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Hello. Start does not have icons

My start does not have all the icons and programs that I installed. Running Windows 10 is not easy. This gives me a lot of headaches. Im dealing with the start menu which I dont have any apps at all. The apps are in the desktop but Im not seeing it on my start. Restarting and waiting all the time does not bring my apps back.

:)

raphael.blick, Nov 26, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

Settings icon missing from the Start Menu in Windows 10

Hello Venkatesh,

This issue might have occurred if you have disabled the settings icon from the Start Menu. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click Start, type
      Start settings and click the Start settings in results

• Click "Choose which folders appear on Start"

• Enable "Settings" toggle button.

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Nov 26, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 26, 2022
  4. nt62 Win User

Hello. Start does not have icons

Start Menu Icons

Hello @tony K.

The solutions were "add to desktop" icons for Chrome as requested.
    The original website desktop icon will launch Chrome even if Edge or other browser is default.

The other solution was drag icons to start menu.
    Original website icons as requested are listed in the start menu under "Chrome Apps"

Hello. Start does not have icons [​IMG]

The requested website icons can also be pinned to the taskbar
    and will run the Chrome​ browser even if Edge or other is the default

Tiles are a different matter.
    Edge does not have any start tabs that can be customized.
    Edge does not have themes that I am aware of.
    Edge does not have any options to add customized wallpapers or animated wallpapers.
    If you run BING - Bing supplies only Bing wallpapers.
    Edge only runs on Windows 10.
    Other contributors will suggest a better way than a desktop icon.

suggested start tab page to OP using different browsers
    did my best - nothing more to add
    I find seeking address bar and browser tabs website icons to be ... forget it.
    A task for a young corporate programmer.
    edgeTILE is an excellent free store app that has options to customize tiles for web urls.

farewell

Thema:

Hello. Start does not have icons

1. Hello. Start does not have icons - Similar Threads - Hello Start does

2. Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons: Hi, I just bought a new Asus Zenbook Laptop and the start menu are displaying i assume are shortcuts or command lines to different apps like : ms-resource:appname ms-resource:LensSDK/Resources/ApptitleetcThere are about 15 of them. Also some icons are just blank, i tried...
  3. Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons: Hi, I just bought a new Asus Zenbook Laptop and the start menu are displaying i assume are shortcuts or command lines to different apps like : ms-resource:appname ms-resource:LensSDK/Resources/ApptitleetcThere are about 15 of them. Also some icons are just blank, i tried...
  4. Hello. Start does not have icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello. Start does not have icons: My start does not have all the icons and programs that I installed. Running Windows 10 is not easy. This gives me a lot of headaches. Im dealing with the start menu which I dont have any apps at all. The apps are in the desktop but Im not seeing it on my start. Restarting and...
  5. Hello. Start does not have icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello. Start does not have icons: My start does not have all the icons and programs that I installed. Running Windows 10 is not easy. This gives me a lot of headaches. Im dealing with the start menu which I dont have any apps at all. The apps are in the desktop but Im not seeing it on my start. Restarting and...
  6. Why does focus assist have a moon icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does focus assist have a moon icon?: Why does focus assist have a moon icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-focus-assist-have-a-moon-icon/daa10c66-4a75-45a8-9c20-e3c9dc3ed1ab
  7. Hello. My Windows 10 PC seemes to have crashed, no desktop icons, no start up menu, nothing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hello. My Windows 10 PC seemes to have crashed, no desktop icons, no start up menu, nothing...: You literally can not do anything, even the Windows + R only shows the prompt box but doesn't follow command when typed in, computer is just cycling, green light constantly on, please help....
  8. Hello everyone, recently all the icons in the search bar have disappeared. Does anyone know...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello everyone, recently all the icons in the search bar have disappeared. Does anyone know...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tonslitis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9y2wk/hello_everyone_recently_all_the_icons_in_the/
  9. Some apps does not have icons in search, instead they have an X icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some apps does not have icons in search, instead they have an X icon: Looks like this And this submitted by /u/brown_nigga [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fjmses/some_apps_does_not_have_icons_in_search_instead/
  10. Hello, does anyone have the drivers for..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hello, does anyone have the drivers for..: Hello, does anyone have the drivers for smartab? model is STW1050. I reinstalled windows 10 on the tablet and now i dont have any drivers and the manufacturer doesnt provide them in their website, if anyone has the same device i have, could you send me drivers from system32?...