Windows 10: Hello system does not recognise the camera following update

Discus and support Hello system does not recognise the camera following update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Following windows 10 update the hello system face recognition cannot find the camera. The camera app works OK and the camera works in other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LarryFleming34, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Hello system does not recognise the camera following update

Following windows 10 update the hello system face recognition cannot find the camera. The camera app works OK and the camera works in other applications like skype. My hardware is a HP Envy laptop. I have the latest drivers installed

:)

LarryFleming34, Jan 14, 2020

2. windows hello cannot detect camera

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest checking for driver updates for your camera and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager on Start/Cortana.
    • Click on Imaging devices.
    • Right click Integrated Camera or the name of your camera.
    • Select Update Software or Properties >
      Driver
      Update Driver.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 14, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Camera issue

Hello,

This issue might be caused by corrupted system files. For us to know more, please answer the following:

• Were there any recent changes made prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or pop-up message while using your camera?

Meanwhile, we suggest updating your generic drivers. To do that, follow the steps provided on this
    article.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Hello system does not recognise the camera following update

Windows Hello cannot "open" the built-in Intel RealSese SR300 camera in my HP Pavilion 27

Good day,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right-click on Start menu.
    • Go to Device Manager.
    • Under System devices, right-click on Microsoft IR camera front and choose
      Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Choose Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Choose Microsoft IR camera front.
    • Click on Next and let the driver install.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Once done, repeat the said steps but this time choose Camera Windows Hello under
      System devices.

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Hello system does not recognise the camera following update

1. Hello system does not recognise the camera following update - Similar Threads - Hello system does

2. [Bootcamp] Windows Hello does not recognise Facetime camera.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    [Bootcamp] Windows Hello does not recognise Facetime camera.: As the title of this post says. I am running Windows 10 on MacBook Air 2015. Trying to configure Windows Hello facial recognition and it gives following error: "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face". The set-up option is greyed out as well....
  3. Windows Hello Face Camera

Windows Hello Face Camera: I just got a new MSI Prestige 14 that supports windows hello (fingerprint and IR Camera). I wasn't able to setup the camera but I could setup fingerprint. When I initially setup windows (initial bootup on a new device) the computer prompted me to setup camera (face). It...
  4. Does Windows 10 support multiple Windows Hello cameras?

Does Windows 10 support multiple Windows Hello cameras?: Hello, I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2, which has a built-in IR camera and have it configured to use Windows Hello. It works great when I'm using my Surface Book as a laptop. I also have a Surface Dock with 2 monitors, keyboard and mouse setup. When I connect my Surface...
  5. Windows Hello camera timeout

Windows Hello camera timeout: This post piggybacks this one I found from a while back: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-stopped-defaulting-to-camera/46766739-78f0-4ebd-927d-12a21f7c162f I have a desktop with a third-party Windows Hello compatible camera. I cannot, for...
  6. Skype does not recognise my camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype does not recognise my camera: Hello, I have been trying Skype on my Windows 10 but it doesn't recognise my camera. I have Skype version 8.40.0.70 and the camera is built into the PC which is an Aspire 5600U. Any helpful hints would be most appreciative as I have been trying to fix this problem for...
  7. Computer won't recognise camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won't recognise camera: I need to install new firm ware for my digital camera. My windows computer doesn't recognize that the camera is plugged in to a USB port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-recognise-camera/bfe7bc01-18da-4794-b11a-f7f21258cab2
  8. Windows Hello fails to initiate IR Camera and does not work

Windows Hello fails to initiate IR Camera and does not work: Hello, I have a new Surface pro 5 and after upgrading Windows to latest version and installing all the updates, Windows Hello stopped working and every time I start my Surface, Windows Hello fails and gives me a message "Couldn't Turn on the Camera. Please sign-in with you...
  9. Camera not working for windows hello

Camera not working for windows hello: My camera stopped working a few days ago. I wasn't able to log-in using Windows Hello and the camera app wasn't working either. I looked for a solution online and based on an answer on this website added a file in the registry. This fixed the camera app but not Windows Hello....
  10. windows hello camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows hello camera: Hi after an update my windows hello cannot start the camera to sign in I must use a pin. Any answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-hello-camera/ab48a021-e9c4-4407-808f-e971d2dc364c"