Windows 10: Hello, this is my first post here and I think I messed up big time... I was redirecting my...

Discus and support Hello, this is my first post here and I think I messed up big time... I was redirecting my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know right, just like the way i moved it there in the first place.. Well, I tried that and it didn't work and gave me an error. Check the Imgur link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sapothicc, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Hello, this is my first post here and I think I messed up big time... I was redirecting my...

I know right, just like the way i moved it there in the first place.. Well, I tried that and it didn't work and gave me an error. Check the Imgur link for pictures. I hope I described it well enough to understand.

https://imgur.com/a/oN0SRB2

Side note: In the second picture I selected the folder I want to move i too, which is my music folder on my E drive. And in the third picture, I selected no because I don't want my other files in there to be moved with it, those files are the AppData and other stuff.

Thanks in advance, Sap

submitted by /u/Sapothicc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sapothicc, Dec 31, 2019

2. Redirecting website

Hi Pancho,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

It can be extremely frustrating if you are trying to visit a Web page but are automatically redirected to another. This tactic is sometimes used to as a way to direct your attention to an advertisement. Other times, a hacker may be trying to install
    spyware or malware on your computer.

It seems that your computer is infected by virus and malware. I would suggest you to run Full Virus Scan using
    Windows Defender.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc#v1h=tab01

Also if you are using Internet Explorer, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Open the Internet Explorer browser and click on the "Tools" menu at the top of the page.

Step 2: Click on "Internet Options," then click the "Security" tab. In the "Security Level for this Zone" box, use the slider to set the security to "High." This stops Internet Explorer from using ActiveX, preventing Web
    pages from redirecting you to others. Although this stops the redirecting action, legitimate websites may not load properly, or at all. Some functions on websites become disabled, such as links to other websites, video or PDF files. This method is extreme,
    but it stops redirects while you scan the computer for viruses.

Step 3: Click on "Trusted Sites." Add any websites that you go to frequently and that you trust. These websites will behave as normal, without restrictions.

Step 4: Run anti-spyware or anti-malware software on your computer (see Resources). Redirects are often causes by a virus, which software can find and eliminate. If any viruses are found and deleted, this is likely to
    end the redirects you are experiencing.

Step 5: Go back to the "Internet Options" window, and set the security slider back to its initial position. If the anti-spyware program eliminated the source of the redirects, your browser now behaves normally.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 31, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Hello, this is my first post here and I think I messed up big time... I was redirecting my... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 31, 2019
  4. simrick Win User

Hello, this is my first post here and I think I messed up big time... I was redirecting my...

Google redirection localhost.world

Guys, here is the solution, found in post #49.
    Please perform the steps indicated and advise if that resolves things for you as well.

Many thanks to @moraleja39 for the investigative work!

simrick, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Hello, this is my first post here and I think I messed up big time... I was redirecting my...

1. Hello, this is my first post here and I think I messed up big time... I was redirecting my... - Similar Threads - Hello post here

2. i messed up i think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i messed up i think: i did a thing in msconfig following what a guy on forums said and i accidentally disabled like a million processes on windows and now i cant log in cause it says i need an app to do this...
  3. i messed up i think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i messed up i think: i did a thing in msconfig following what a guy on forums said and i accidentally disabled like a million processes on windows and now i cant log in cause it says i need an app to do this...
  4. I think I messed up my drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I messed up my drivers: I have a laptop that used to run well. I thought it was just getting old, but recently I looked and saw that my GPU which is a 1660 TI max q was not being used. In the past I had tried to update the drivers but I think I deleted the old ones and downloaded the drivers from...
  5. I think I messed up my drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I messed up my drivers: I have a laptop that used to run well. I thought it was just getting old, but recently I looked and saw that my GPU which is a 1660 TI max q was not being used. In the past I had tried to update the drivers but I think I deleted the old ones and downloaded the drivers from...
  6. This is my first time here...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is my first time here...: So i just need help with finding everything that i have downloaded on my pc, not the downloaded tab, i mean everything. For example i pressed delete on discord (and cleaned the bin) but it is still active wtf. Also i downloaded pirated hl2 (ik ik bad crime whatever, the site...
  7. first post here since i got my laptop and i finally got my first problem

first post here since i got my laptop and i finally got my first problem: i need help solving this issue i've been facing lately. i cant type anything in search for my apps or even search anything in settings and looking for any files if anyone could please help me solve this issuei'll be very thankful submitted by /u/shitty_meme_name [link]...
  8. I think I messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I think I messed up: all my applications are gone and I cant access my taskbar on windows 10. Could it be maware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-messed-up/1831829c-67fa-4c61-a0b4-c1948e1aa9c1
  9. I Messed Up My First PC

I Messed Up My First PC: Messed up my first PC I was almost done installing windows to my SSD from my usb. But I accidentally pressed the restart button on my pc. Now every time I rearrange my boot priority, i get the same message. “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected...
  10. Ooops...I think I have messed up my ssd.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ooops...I think I have messed up my ssd.: OK, totally my bad on this one. In a dozy state....[note to self - don't mess with computers before the first coffee] I plugged an SSD into the motherboard SATA power and data cable while the computer was on. Now it is being weird, I have reformatted the drive and tried a...