Windows 10: Hello! Upgraded to new desktop

Discus and support Hello! Upgraded to new desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Thanks for the add. I recently upgraded my desktop as the 10-year-old Dell MB died, it arrived today - a Dell 8940 w 32G RAM, 17 10th gen, Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by skanter, Dec 13, 2020.

1. skanter Win User

Hello! Upgraded to new desktop

Hi, Thanks for the add.

I recently upgraded my desktop as the 10-year-old Dell MB died, it arrived today - a Dell 8940 w 32G RAM, 17 10th gen, Intel integrated GPU. I had been upgrading RAM, drives, GPU, PSU but it was finally time to give it up.

I use the computer primarily for photo editing, Lightroom and Photoshop. Im not a novice, but not an expert either, and a bit overwhelmed about the best way to continue:

Hello! Upgraded to new desktop [​IMG]

This is new system:

C: is current 1T SSD system drive that came with computer

H: is previous 1T SSD system drive that is in an external dock for now

I: is 6T HDD drive that has only latest photos for LR catalogue, in external dock

E: is 5T external backup HDD

F: is empty - I think a partition never used?

G: is the same, unused partition?

I have access to all drives.

I have another 6T HDD filled with photos for LR catalogues

I think only two slots left in chassis, one SSD and one HDD. The dock also has space for one SSD and one HDD.

Ive installed new version of LR. Where do i go from here? Making best use of former C drive SSD, renaming drives, linking to LR, etc.

Thanks in advance...

-- hide signature --
    Sam K., NYC
    Im halfway between tightrope walker and pickpocket. HCB

__
    Smugmug Galleries:

Instagram:
    Login • Instagram

:)

skanter, Dec 13, 2020
  2. AdasT Win User

Need a upgrade for my desktop

Hello guys i need some help to upgrade my desktop
    my desktops specs are

CPU:Intel core quad q6600 2.4
    GPU: Gtx 260 (which is dead now)
    Ram:4GB
    PSU: 700 OCZ

im not planning to buy new pc yet because i need some money on summer to go on holidays
    so i need some few upgrades anny suggestions what is the best thing to upgrade so i can play games

AdasT, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Need a upgrade for my desktop

OC the q6600
    Buy a Radeon 7850 or 650ti
    Buy another 4GB of RAM, a stick should only be $20.
    Keep your PSU

tokyoduong, Dec 13, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Hello! Upgraded to new desktop - Similar Threads - Hello Upgraded desktop

2. new desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new desktop: Hi, I'm having guests next week. I know how to provide a 'new desktop' for them on this PC W11,but how do I make it private. I created a new desktop but my icons are still showing....
  3. new desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new desktop: Hi, I'm having guests next week. I know how to provide a 'new desktop' for them on this PC W11,but how do I make it private. I created a new desktop but my icons are still showing....
  4. Possible to upgrade a "new" windows 7 desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible to upgrade a "new" windows 7 desktop?: Hi - We just unboxed an unused Windows 7 desktop for our office. Is it possible to upgrade it to 11 or at least 10, in order to run needed software? I'm not sure if the graphics card is sufficient, but it has all the other minimum system requirements....
  5. Possible to upgrade a "new" windows 7 desktop?

Possible to upgrade a "new" windows 7 desktop?: Hi - We just unboxed an unused Windows 7 desktop for our office. Is it possible to upgrade it to 11 or at least 10, in order to run needed software? I'm not sure if the graphics card is sufficient, but it has all the other minimum system requirements....
  6. new desktop

new desktop: What is the point of having another desktop if you are giving me the new desktop full of icons like the old one??why do you think I need a new desktop for??? for fun maybe!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-desktop/fe46a952-b3f9-433b-931d-bdee95dbe92e
  7. new desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    new desktop?: When i was clearing the items that had been saved in my timeline which i never use or have heard of, in the upper left hand corner there was a plus sign and next to it it said 'new desktop".I didn't want to click on it in case it changed something or some things.What is thiss...
  8. upgrading on a desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading on a desktop: Running windows vs 1809 system trying to upgrade to vs 1903 - trying many times but always freezes. Have to power down and start again. System then reverts back to original vs. How do I solve this?...
  9. Anniversary upgrade broke Hello

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Anniversary upgrade broke Hello: Ever since I upgraded to the W10 "anniversary edition" Hello hasn't recognized me a single time anymore! Hello seems completely broken since the update, even though I went through at least 10 "improve recognition" procedures by now. Before the update Hello worked so-la-la,...
  10. New desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    New desktop: Hi,Just had my new desktop yesterday. Went to make an image with macrium reflect of my C drive as its a ssd. I noticed that it had more than one sections so which one should I backup.Does it really need all those partitions? Thanks. 40378