Hello, Windows 10 IoT Core

Discus and support Hello, Windows 10 IoT Core in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Greetings, Makers! We are excited to announce the public release of Windows 10 IoT Core for the Raspberry Pi 2 and the MinnowBoard Max. Visit the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Source: Hello, Windows 10 IoT Core | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, Aug 10, 2015
  2. Sangeeta Sarkar Win User

Does the Windows 10 IoT version use the Windows 7 Backup & Restore?

Hello Lewishilary,

We understand that your would like to know about the Windows 10 IoT version back up and restore system.

Currently we do not have much information on this. To know more on
    Windows 10 IoT Core support for Raspberry Pi 3
    follow the blog.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa Win User
    Is windows 10 IoT free ?

Its free for certain types of hardware, example: Windows 10 IoT Core for the Raspberry PI.

Also, you need to download the right edition for the developer board you own. Learn more:

Downloads | Windows 10 IoT Core for Raspberry Pi 2 / 3 | IoT Core Dashboard | Windows IoT

IoT Core ISO

Windows 10 IoT Core for Raspberry Pi 2 & 3

Download Windows 10 IoT Core Creators Update ISO for Raspberry Pi 2 & 3.

Download
    Windows 10 IoT Core for Dragonboard 410c

Download Windows 10 IoT Core Creators Update ISO for Dragonboard 410c board.

Download
    Windows 10 IoT Core for MinnowBoard MAX

Download Windows 10 IoT Core Creators Update ISO for MinnowBoard MAX

Download

Andre Da Costa, Aug 10, 2015
  4. alphanumeric New Member

Hmm, do I really want to try this again? Was not impressed last time around. I'll have to give this some thought. Thanks for the info though.

alphanumeric, Aug 10, 2015
  5. alphanumeric New Member
    They made flashing the image to your Micro SD card a lot easier. There is a IoTCoreImageHelper to flash the image to the card. Takes a long time for first boot up to the status screen. They added some tutorials viewable on the Pi, nice touch. Still looks to be very limited in what you can do. I have the IoT Core watcher running and see my Pi. Just have to remember what the default password etc is to log in? Might have to Google it? Can't seem to find it on the Microsoft page?

EDIT: Managed to remote in. Got a menu to install Apps, and check performance, look at running services. A sort of control panel I guess. Still isn't a whole IoT I can do with it. Doesn't seem to want to shut down properly either. That's been an issue with every release I've tried. I'll have to go pull the power cord out.

6. caperjack Win User
    still Greek to me ,,,, I will not try it again *Drink1

caperjack, Aug 10, 2015
  7. alphanumeric New Member
    Yeah, means learning Visual Studio and creating your own Apps. Or something like that. As is, you can't do much. It is easier to get booted up and running though. I didn't have to touch powershell, not yet anyway. I may have to to change the default password. Why you can't do that through the on screen GUI I don't know? Having to use powershell to do it seems lame to me. Takes a really long time to boot up the first time. I actually thought it wasn't going to and pressed the reset button. Walked away for a while and came back to find it loading. I may redo my SD card to see if that's why mine won't shut down correctly. I've had that issue in the past so I'm not optimistic but I have one more go at it. All it takes is an SD card swap to go back to KODI so no big deal.

8. alphanumeric New Member

Redid my SD card, this time using my MSDN download. Same deal, takes forever to boot up the first time and won't shut down properly. I end up with the RED LED on and the Green LED blinking 7 times, over and over again. I have to kill the power to shut it down totally. It's better, but IMHO, it has a long way to go. I'm not sure why they call it Windows 10 IoT Core. The only thing there that even remotely looks like Windows 10 is the boot logo and the spinning balls animation. After that it bears absolutely no resemblance to Windows 10?

alphanumeric, Aug 11, 2015
  9. caperjack Win User
    caperjack, Aug 11, 2015
  10. alphanumeric New Member
    If you mount the ISO, then run the one file that shows up, it installs two Apps. One lets you image your SD card, the other lets you connect remotely. Once all booted up, I clicked the power Icon in the top right corner and selected shut down. It just never fully shuts down. I did this locally with the keyboard mouse connected directly to the Pi. It's the little keyboard with the touch pad in center like you have. It hangs at some point, my TV usually says no signal when the Pi shuts down. In this case it doesn't, it just shows a blank background.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Hello, Windows 10 IoT Core - Similar Threads - Hello IoT Core

1. Windows Hello (Fingerprint) not working | Drivers up-to-date

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Hello (Fingerprint) not working | Drivers up-to-date: I have a bit of a predicament. I bought a brand new Matebook X Pro (from China). It was preinstalled with a Chinese version of Windows 10 wiped it completely clean and installed a Windows 10 English copy. Installed all drivers (and confirmed up-to-date) from Huawei's...
  2. Disable Windows Hello Face Recognition on Laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Windows Hello Face Recognition on Laptop: I have a Logitech BRIO camera connected to my laptop's dock. I set up Windows Hello facial recognition so that I don't have to enter a password when the laptop is docked. I usually place the computer with the lid closed underneath my monitor when it's docked. This prevents me...
  3. Windows Hello function broken since update?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Hello function broken since update?: Does anyone have a solution to fix this since the creators update 1803 as now my finger scan is not accepted and choose to use a pin to log in is not available? [img] 110297
  4. No "Face" Sign In in Windows Hello

in Windows 10 News
    No "Face" Sign In in Windows Hello: Just bought an Asus Q525, OS: Windows 10. Windows Hello should have "Face" sign in, but mine does not. I can sign in with fingerprint, PIN, password and picture password - but . Any ideas why this is, and can it be fixed? If so, how? Thanks. 109834
  5. Event 360 / Windows Hello for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Event 360 / Windows Hello for Business: Hi all A gumby-level question. 1. I noted today: Event Viewer > Custom Views > Administrative Events > Warning, 22/04/2018, 9:03:25 AM. "Event 360, User Device Registration", which is associated with Windows Hello for Business. 2. I have Windows 10 Home...
  6. Windows Hello Stopped Working, CPU Usage Constant 100%, No Win Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Hello Stopped Working, CPU Usage Constant 100%, No Win Updates: I'm a longtime reader, first time poster. I'm usually able to figure out fixes but this one has me stumped. Windows 10 has bugged out. The issues are: Starting a few days ago, Windows Hello stopped working. The IR login had worked consistently but now I am shown that the...
  7. Windows Hello & FIDO2 Security Keys authentication for shared devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Hello & FIDO2 Security Keys authentication for shared devices: Are you tired of entering usernames and passwords? Windows Hello and FIDO2 Security keys allow you to carry your identity with you. We have been on a journey to eliminate passwords. Today, we are delighted to announce an important milestone. Microsoft has been aligned...
Hello, Windows 10 IoT Core solved