Windows 10: Help! 2nd hard drive problem

Discus and support Help! 2nd hard drive problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When my pc was still windows 7 my 2nd hard drive and its partition titled "my shit" was fully accessible and its where i safely kept my personal photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TailzUnleashed, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Help! 2nd hard drive problem

When my pc was still windows 7 my 2nd hard drive and its partition titled "my shit" was fully accessible and its where i safely kept my personal photos and videos from the last 15 years. My PC forcably swapped to windows 10 and my unobservent ass didn't even notice "my shit" was no longer accessible until today (over a year later...whoops). What happened? I just bought an external hard drive and plugged it in ready to transfer all my files from that 2nd hard drive partition but its gone in the wind. Do i need to pop open the case and reinstall it physically? How do you even access partitions with win10? Please help

submitted by /u/TailzUnleashed
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TailzUnleashed, Jul 18, 2020

2. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Help! 2nd hard drive problem

Upgrade to Windows 10 changed my folders on 2nd hard drive

Hello Everyone!

Here is my problem the best I can explain, step by step:

I have two working hard drives and recently upgraded to windows 10 from 7 doing a clean install from a bootable disk.

I copied and pasted all of my folders that I wanted to save onto the non OS hard drive before upgrading.

After a successful install I went to find my folders and they had added what looked like Windows 7 old folders that are mostly empty.

There is one folder that is the correct size (373GB) of the material I saved that now reads :

Temp_SafeToDeleteRefreshFile_Attempt0__File0

This file has an extension of FILE type and I have not found a program that can extract/open it yet.

The only clue I have as to what happened is during installation, windows saw my 2nd hard drive as a partition of the OS hard drive, Quick Formatted it?, and wrote some files other on it while changing the saved ones.

I will answer any questions I can in an attempt to help solve this problem. I appreciate any suggestions!

TimTaylor_777, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Help! 2nd hard drive problem

1. Help! 2nd hard drive problem - Similar Threads - Help 2nd hard

2. Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems: I've been having problems with my disk being 100% randomly and i've tried all the fixes from changing virtual memory, stopping services like sysmain and windows search and installing new drivers none of them have fixed the problem so im thinking about changing hard drive i...
  3. Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems: I've been having problems with my disk being 100% randomly and i've tried all the fixes from changing virtual memory, stopping services like sysmain and windows search and installing new drivers none of them have fixed the problem so im thinking about changing hard drive i...
  4. Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 2nd hard drive constantly restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2nd hard drive constantly restarting: Every few seconds one of my other hard drives non-C sounds like it is trying to start but fails and tries again. Access/opening/saving to these drives seems fine. They are used for extra image storage and one is a scratch drive for Photoshop. This had been a problem at 2...
  6. Problems with 2nd NVME drive

Problems with 2nd NVME drive: I am building a new system to dual boot, I have installed both operating systems on different drives, Linux on one of the NVME drives and Windows ver 1909 on a SATA SSD. IN BIOS/UEFI I always see both NVME drives but when logging into Windows it sometimes sees both drives...
  7. Adding 2nd hard drive to Optiplex 755

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding 2nd hard drive to Optiplex 755: I installed a 2nd hard drive, was expecting a separate drive, but it just added it's volume to the first drive. Would like to use it as a 2nd drive for back-up purposes. Windows 10,...
  8. Use Vmware on 2nd hard drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Use Vmware on 2nd hard drive: I have 2 hard drives and both are 500gb. First hard drive have installed Windows on it and all the programs. If i was to install Vmware on my second hard disk and then install windows on it, would i get better performance? My host OS would be running on first hard...
  9. Error adding a 2nd internal hard drive

Error adding a 2nd internal hard drive: I was replacing My son' old computer and I decided to remove the HD and put it into my case for extra storage/back-up. When I start or restart the computer I get a screen I have never seen before on this computer. It is the American Maegtrends bios screen I believe. I've seen...
  10. Cant get 2nd hard drive working

Cant get 2nd hard drive working: Hello again, So not super long ago, I got my self a 1 TB hard drive to replace my 300 GB. Now that 1 TB is SATA, and my 300 GB is IDE. Now I got my 1 TB working as my main drive with windows, But I cant get my 300 GB IDE drive working now as a 2nd drive. (I use to use that...