Windows 10: Help accidentally shredded Windows 10 file explored

Discus and support Help accidentally shredded Windows 10 file explored in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can I install a fresh copy of Windows 10 over the existing one? Will I lose my data? Where do I get a new Windows 10. I just purchased this computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by doodle bug 1948, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Help accidentally shredded Windows 10 file explored

Can I install a fresh copy of Windows 10 over the existing one? Will I lose my data? Where do I get a new Windows 10. I just purchased this computer in late November. Can you help?

:)

doodle bug 1948, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2020
  3. JamesLow Win User
    file shred on windows 10

is there a way to shred files on windows 10?

JamesLow, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Jack-C Win User

Help accidentally shredded Windows 10 file explored

cannot shred folder

Windows 10 will let me delete a folder on boot drive C: but will not let me shred the folder with several of the file shredder programs. I can shred all individual files. Also If I copy the folder to my D drive, I can shred the folder, but not from the C
    (boot) drive. The C drive is solid state, the D drive is SATA, if that makes any difference.

Does Windows lock folders on the boot drive? Can I unlock specific folders so that they may be shredded if I choose?

Many thanks for suggestions.

Jack

Jack-C, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Help accidentally shredded Windows 10 file explored

1. Help accidentally shredded Windows 10 file explored - Similar Threads - Help accidentally shredded

2. Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer: Hi all,I have seen a couple of threads on the same issue, but I opted to reach out.As a forenote, I have attempted a system recovery, but this has failed due to a 0x80070005 error, if I recall correctly.I was cleaning and deleting old files through File Explorer and...
  3. Accidentally ended file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally ended file explorer: Hey so I accidentally ended file explorer and had shut off my laptop. Once I booted it back up I’m presented by a black screen a loading icon and the HP logo. After 5 seconds the HP icon goes away and so does the loading icon. I don’t know what to do, I’ve followed...
  4. Accidentally ended file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally ended file explorer: Hey so I accidentally ended file explorer and had shut off my laptop. Once I booted it back up I’m presented by a black screen a loading icon and the HP logo. After 5 seconds the HP icon goes away and so does the loading icon. I don’t know what to do, I’ve followed...
  5. lock first row of shred file excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock first row of shred file excel: Hi all, I need to lock not freeze the first row or some specific cell in shared excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-first-row-of-shred-file-excel/bd16ed1e-37be-4597-b948-03295aee8419
  6. lock first row of shred file excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock first row of shred file excel: Hi all, I need to lock not freeze the first row or some specific cell in shared excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-first-row-of-shred-file-excel/bd16ed1e-37be-4597-b948-03295aee8419
  7. Secure File Deletion / Shredding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure File Deletion / Shredding: Understand Windows 10 Users still have no access to a 'Built-in' i.e. Native 'File Shredder' for securely disposing of financial or other sensitive files that might otherwise be recovered by a an IT Savvy Rogue, if a Laptop is lost or stolen.I will not install a 3rd Party...
  8. Free space shredding

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Free space shredding: Hey everyone, So i was using the iobit file shredder software to shred the empty space of my d drive but had to cancel it prematurely. During this process it froze and I tried to cancel the process. Now my harddrive is super slow and I have over a million 0kb files created...
  9. How to recover Shredded Files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover Shredded Files?: How do I recover shredded files on a partition kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-shredded-files/d676821c-f41d-4ccc-aba7-e4ad221108ed
  10. .Recover shredded document in Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .Recover shredded document in Word: I accidentally sent a document to the shredder that contained my homework this afternoon. I thought I was shredding an earlier version. Now the one I still have is blank. Help - I need to recover it as there was 4 hours of work and research on it. Thank you....