Windows 10: [Help] Add hibernate to start menu from CMD or powershell

Discus and support [Help] Add hibernate to start menu from CMD or powershell in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a command I can use from either cmd or powershell that will add the hibernate option to the windows start menu power options? I know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheCrazyPhoenix416, Sep 14, 2020.

1. [Help] Add hibernate to start menu from CMD or powershell

Is there a command I can use from either cmd or powershell that will add the hibernate option to the windows start menu power options?

I know how to add the hibernate option by navigating windows and menus, but I want to automate this process with a script. How can I do this?

submitted by /u/TheCrazyPhoenix416
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheCrazyPhoenix416, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Sep 14, 2020
  3. KeithM Win User
    How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

KeithM, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Nokiron Win User

[Help] Add hibernate to start menu from CMD or powershell

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Powershell is approximately 5 billion times better than the command-prompt though.

Nokiron, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

[Help] Add hibernate to start menu from CMD or powershell

1. [Help] Add hibernate to start menu from CMD or powershell - Similar Threads - Help Add hibernate

2. Cannot Add Hibernate to Power Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Add Hibernate to Power Menu: I have a brand new Dell Latitude 7640 running Windows 11 Enterprise version 10.0.22631 Build 22631. I cannot get the bibernate option to appear in the power menu. I've attempted adding it in the settings:I've also added it using Command Prompt, per the instructions in this...
  3. Cannot Add Hibernate to Power Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Add Hibernate to Power Menu: I have a brand new Dell Latitude 7640 running Windows 11 Enterprise version 10.0.22631 Build 22631. I cannot get the bibernate option to appear in the power menu. I've attempted adding it in the settings:I've also added it using Command Prompt, per the instructions in this...
  4. Can't start cmd & powershell as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't start cmd & powershell as admin: I can no longer start the cmd and powershell as administrator, even by right-clicking to start it as administrator. I tried to do a disk scan and nothing changed, I tried to contact the assistance and I also did the repair-update and also this time nothing changed. Thank you...
  5. Can't start cmd & powershell as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't start cmd & powershell as admin: I can no longer start the cmd and powershell as administrator, even by right-clicking to start it as administrator. I tried to do a disk scan and nothing changed, I tried to contact the assistance and I also did the repair-update and also this time nothing changed. Thank you...
  6. how can I add Hibernate to start menu commands and ....

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I add Hibernate to start menu commands and ....: Hi, is there a way to add hibernate to start menu instead of continuously using the power physical power button also is there a way to wake up pc from hibernation from any keyboard keys it doesn't work it only works if it is i sleeping mode i want to wake up from...
  7. Disabling sleep / hibernation timer through powershell / cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling sleep / hibernation timer through powershell / cmd: Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows a way to disable sleep / hibernation through cmd or powershell. I have a system I ssh into at home so I only have a shell but it seems to go into sleep mode after x amount of minutes each time. Any solution? EDIT: a way to reset the...
  8. CMD and PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and PowerShell: Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)". If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message: Same with...
  9. Unable to Add 'Pin to Start' to Context Menu - Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Add 'Pin to Start' to Context Menu - Help: I teried a registry hack that adds 'pin to start' to the context menu. I created a reg file and added this: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\PinToStartScreen] @="{470C0EBD-5D73-4d58-9CED-E91E22E23282}" But it doesnt show up. And I get an error message...
  10. Add or Remove Hibernate from Power menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Hibernate from Power menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Hibernate from Power menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Hibernate from Power menu in Windows 10 Hibernate is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops, and might not be available for all PCs (PCs with InstantGo don't have the...