Windows 10: Help- Adding HDD

Discus and support Help- Adding HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have and existing 128mb sdd. It operates boot and system. i want to add(and have) a 3 tb hdd and copy the information on the ssd on to it BUT i want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cedros898, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Cedros898 Win User

Help- Adding HDD

I have and existing 128mb sdd. It operates boot and system.
    i want to add(and have) a 3 tb hdd and copy the information on the ssd on to it BUT i want to keep the ssd being the boot and system drive. I am adding the hdd as back up to the ssd and add games, pics etc to it.
    When i read on net it keeps saying "clone" always which it says will make the new hdd the boot drive and may always have boot problems. I DONT want this, I want the operating system on the hdd only as a back up if the ssd dies.
    Help....

:)

Cedros898, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 26, 2020
  3. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Johankaan Win User

Help- Adding HDD

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Help- Adding HDD

1. Help- Adding HDD - Similar Threads - Help Adding HDD

2. Help with adding a computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with adding a computer: I paid about $150 last June to give my teacher access to Microsoft on a laptop for summer training. Now we need it on his PC classroom computer. Can we add it to a second computer or get a discount to add it? Order Number: 7842306336Date purchased: June 18, 2022...
  3. Help with adding a computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with adding a computer: I paid about $150 last June to give my teacher access to Microsoft on a laptop for summer training. Now we need it on his PC classroom computer. Can we add it to a second computer or get a discount to add it? Order Number: 7842306336Date purchased: June 18, 2022...
  4. Problem sharing newly added HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem sharing newly added HDD: Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to Windows 10 but always find an answer by my self with my own research but now...I really need help... I have 3 entire HDD shared with my other computers on my local network and always had access on other computers but now...I replaced a 4TB...
  5. Problem sharing newly added HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem sharing newly added HDD: Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to Windows 10 but always find an answer by my self with my own research but now...I really need help... I have 3 entire HDD shared with my other computers on my local network and always had access on other computers but now...I replaced a 4TB...
  6. Help !, stopping the Ads

in Browsers and Email
    Help !, stopping the Ads: Hello, My default browser was and is Google Chrome. Recently the ads attack drives me crazy, cannot concentrate on anything I read. I am busy closing ads from the right and from the left, from up the page and down, they come like flies. And whats more, the ads are coming as...
  7. Help !, stopping the Ads

in Windows 10 Support
    Help !, stopping the Ads: Hello, My default browser was and is Google Chrome. Recently the ads attack drives me crazy, cannot concentrate on anything I read. I am busy closing ads from the right and from the left, from up the page and down, they come like flies. And whats more, the ads are coming as...
  8. hdd help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hdd help: Took two hard drives out Put them into another computer one shows up the other doesnt Its there in computer mangment but it shows a bunch of stuff Its just one partition Theres data What do i do [ATTACH] Why is this like this? Why did the other show up? Any help...
  9. Need help with ads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help with ads: My pc started playing ads in the background a couple days ago and as hard as I try it doesn't help. I can see in task managers its playing at the location Ness, but anytime I remove it starts to come back over and over again. I have an Asus G11 by the way and I need help....
  10. Adding a disk image to a new HdD.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Adding a disk image to a new HdD.: I bought a 2 TB HdD to replace my old 117 GB HdD. I've done a disk image with Macrium Reflect on an external HdD. Will I be able to install that image to the 2TB HdD without any issues with Microsoft & use it? I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64B which is an upgrade from 7 Pro 64B....