Windows 10: Help!!! After days of trying to work out the kinks on a clean windows 10 install, my laptop...

Discus and support Help!!! After days of trying to work out the kinks on a clean windows 10 install, my laptop... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The whole install was a mess trying to install win10 (2004) with a usb bootable. The whole time my laptop kept restarting during the install. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lithium98, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Help!!! After days of trying to work out the kinks on a clean windows 10 install, my laptop...

The whole install was a mess trying to install win10 (2004) with a usb bootable. The whole time my laptop kept restarting during the install. I was able to work out the kinks by installing using a different pc (which never had issues restarting so the ssd drive must be good).

I'm thinking once the laptop starts working hard or uses too much power, it turns off. I'm gonna swap the Sata HD cable and the power jack port to see if any of those are causing it.

I originally thought my hard drive took a dump because it was randomly rebooting, so I bought a new ssd and tried to install a fresh copy of windows. One thing led to another and here I am.

I don't get reboots in safe mode. Is there a way of being in safe mode and looking at logs to see why it's rebooting? I don't have much experience diagnosing advanced issues like this.

submitted by /u/Lithium98
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lithium98, Sep 30, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 30, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Help!!! After days of trying to work out the kinks on a clean windows 10 install, my laptop...

Delta6326, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Help!!! After days of trying to work out the kinks on a clean windows 10 install, my laptop...

1. Help!!! After days of trying to work out the kinks on a clean windows 10 install, my laptop... - Similar Threads - Help days trying

2. Windows clean install not working, help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows clean install not working, help!: I am trying to do a clean install, but I get this message Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-clean-install-not-working-help/b711f59d-13fe-40f7-baa2-04a58279ad62
  3. Windows clean install not working, help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows clean install not working, help!: I am trying to do a clean install, but I get this message Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-clean-install-not-working-help/b711f59d-13fe-40f7-baa2-04a58279ad62
  4. Windows clean install not working, help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop Fingerprint Sensor does not work after a clean installation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Fingerprint Sensor does not work after a clean installation of Windows 10: I recently replaced my laptop's SSD and did a clean installation of Windows 10. Previously, the fingerprint sensor worked without any problems with windows hello, but now windows does not detect it. Below are some screenshots. [ATTACH] I tried consulting some forums that...
  6. TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE OUT! TRY THIS! IT WORKS!!!!

TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE OUT! TRY THIS! IT WORKS!!!!: FIRST OF ALL, I'M NOT A HACKER! I'M JUST TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE OUT! I agree ABOUT HAVING A SLOW COMPUTER. THE EDGE WAS CONTROLLING MY COMPUTER. I've had the same terrible EXPERIENCE WITH THE UPDATE FOR WINDOWS 10! MICROSOFT DID not ask if I wanted the update of Microsoft...
  7. I tried clean installing windows on my laptop

I tried clean installing windows on my laptop: So i had problems with ny laptop, so i tried Clean installing windows and i i format my c drive and continued the installation on the same drive, it proceeds further and all the steps are done and when tye last finishing the set up set is supposed to be completed the...
  8. Laptop clean installation windows 10 is not working

Laptop clean installation windows 10 is not working: hello, i want to do a clean installation on my laptop everything is working. untill today now i get bios if i start up the laptop. people told me to format disks like to recycle the laptop. now i see no disk to install windows 10 on if usb is plugged in with mediacreation...
  9. Laptop clean installation windows 10 is not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop clean installation windows 10 is not working: hello, i want to do a clean installation on my laptop everything is working. untill today now i get bios if i start up the laptop. people told me to format disks like to recycle the laptop. now i see no disk to install windows 10 on if usb is plugged in with mediacreation...
  10. Windows 10 clean install help, tried several things

Windows 10 clean install help, tried several things: Hey everyone, new member here, and of course I have an issue and need help! I'll try to make this as detailed as possible. I bought a new HP Slimline Desktop (model 410-010) and I am having trouble installing Windows 10 on a SSD I installed in it. This computer came with...