Windows 10: Help! After updating windows got 2 different errors, list of ALL driver updates greyed out...

Discus and support Help! After updating windows got 2 different errors, list of ALL driver updates greyed out... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, Recently I've purchased a new HP laptop and after updating windows I've encountered some issues. In total there were 35 updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yanty34, Jun 16, 2019.

1. yanty34 Win User

Help! After updating windows got 2 different errors, list of ALL driver updates greyed out...

Hello Everyone,

Recently I've purchased a new HP laptop and after updating windows I've encountered some issues.

In total there were 35 updates from observing the 'view update history' windows. However there were some issues from looking deeper into the list of updates.

1) KB4462930 (an adobe player update found in 'Quality Updates') failed to install. Error 0x80240017 for this update

2) HP Inc - SoftwareComponent - 5/1/2019 12:00:00 Am - 4.1.4.2744 (found in 'driver updates') failed to install. Error 0x80240034 for this update

3) The most recent update 'KB4503327' installed twice (it is listed twice)

4) The entire list of 'driver updates' (around 24 of them) are ALL greyed out. Usually you can click on them and they direct you to a specific browser page however since the drivers are all greyed out this does not happen.

Despite all of this the windows update says 'i'm up to date' and is offering a feature update windows 10 version 1903 to download and install.

I've tried looking up for some solutions online but could not find any. I've tried using the troubleshooter in windows update but the troubleshooter could not find any problems.

I'm not computer savy whatsoever so if you could please aid me in my issue and be patient with me it would be much appreciated!

yanty34

:)

yanty34, Jun 16, 2019
  2. Techtu Win User

Help me make a driver update list.

Hi all *Smile Help! After updating windows got 2 different errors, list of ALL driver updates greyed out... :)

so to start I have a pretty crappy memory and usually forget which drivers need updating, the only I do generally is my GPU driver but that is only because Windows tell's me so.

What I want is a list of drivers what need to be updated regulary and the one's not so often so please can you help me with this?

Regular.
    GPU

Every so often.
    Audio
    Chipset
    Ethernet/LAN
    Motherboard BIOS
    RAID

This message will be updated as other's post so just incase others need the list too it'll all be in one message at the top of the thread.

Techtu, Jun 16, 2019
  3. DaMulta Win User
    Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Help! After updating windows got 2 different errors, list of ALL driver updates greyed out...

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Help! After updating windows got 2 different errors, list of ALL driver updates greyed out...

1. Help! After updating windows got 2 different errors, list of ALL driver updates greyed out... - Similar Threads - Help updating got

2. WINDOWS UPDATE SETTINGS IS GREYED OUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS UPDATE SETTINGS IS GREYED OUT: We're pushed windows patchs via WSUS services but we facing the INSTALL option is disabled on windows update page.we restarted the windows update services and rename the software distribution folder but still facing the same issuePlease find below snap and share the solution...
  3. WINDOWS UPDATE SETTINGS IS GREYED OUT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS UPDATE SETTINGS IS GREYED OUT: We're pushed windows patchs via WSUS services but we facing the INSTALL option is disabled on windows update page.we restarted the windows update services and rename the software distribution folder but still facing the same issuePlease find below snap and share the solution...
  4. WIndows Update greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows Update greyed out: Hi, the windows update button on my computer is greyed out and when I click it, nothing happens. The page just keeps on loading and no content is ever shown. The laptop hasn't been updated in a while....
  5. Hypervisor is greyed out after 21H! update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hypervisor is greyed out after 21H! update: Hi, I updated Win 10 Pro 64bit to Version 21H1 (Build 19043.985) and all is OK excepting Hyper-V Hypervisor, its greyed out. So, I cant create a dual boot Windows-Macrium using viBoot of Macrium Reflect 7 as I had in my HP Envy Notebook, prior to this recent update. I tried...
  6. Windows Update Service greyed out

Windows Update Service greyed out: I want to do a reinstall of Windows 10 on my PC, but the reinstalling field gives me an error. I have narrowed it down to the update service being disabled, but I cant do anything to it as all options are greyed out. Im the only account on my pc, and have tried every fix I...
  7. Eradicate mouse and update driver is greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Eradicate mouse and update driver is greyed out: I'm having a problem with my touchpad. It will start acting wierd when I use my laptop for 3 hours, 6 hours or 1 hour. I'm am the administrator, the pad is clean. When I go into control panel,mouse, hardware, double click on mouse name and then on driver. Update driver is...
  8. Update history greyed out, HELP!

Update history greyed out, HELP!: Why my update driver list in windows update history greyed out? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-history-greyed-out-help/62416167-ef7f-4eb7-be64-db4daa9d044a
  9. Settings Menu - after recent Updates got 2 VERY DIFFERENT Menus ??????

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Menu - after recent Updates got 2 VERY DIFFERENT Menus ??????: Have 2 virtually Identical HP Windows 10 laptops - both relatively new. 1903 Update Just got a series of Updates and after MY Settings Menu is totally different 2 Updates>>>[ATTACH] NOW>>>> Machine 1 - Menu did NOT change [ATTACH] Machine 2 - NOW I have this on top...
  10. Windows Quality Update Greyed Out

Windows Quality Update Greyed Out: I have been able to successfully get automatic updates for Windows 10. I am currently using Version 1903. My system just did a Quality Update for KB4501375. When I looked at the Update History, that particular line item showed it was successfully updated today...