Windows 10: Help. After Windows Update in May - Printer stopped working

Discus and support Help. After Windows Update in May - Printer stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am on KB4497165. My Brother printer stopped working with KB4552931. Printer diagnostics doesn't find problem. Should I roll back to KB4549951?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cgsmi, Jun 18, 2020.

1. cgsmi Win User

Help. After Windows Update in May - Printer stopped working

I am on KB4497165. My Brother printer stopped working with KB4552931.

Printer diagnostics doesn't find problem.

Should I roll back to KB4549951?

:)

cgsmi, Jun 18, 2020

2. Printer has stopped working

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the printer stops working suddenly. For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What happens when you try to print?
    2. Do you receive any error code/message when you try to print?
    3. Were there any recent updates installed on the PC?
    4. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    5. What is the make and model of the printer?

Refer the article to know
    Which Windows operating system am I running?

To know the recent updates installed on the PC, follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Go to Settings >
      Update & Security > Windows Update.
    2. Now click on View update history.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to refer the article
    Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10
    , and check if that helps.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 18, 2020
  3. deaseajk Win User
    windows10 updates stops printer from working

this did not work for me. i ended up using recovery to go back to a previous build when my printer did work and so far that is working.

deaseajk, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Help. After Windows Update in May - Printer stopped working

Brother printer stopped working

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I understand your concern however, I would suggest you to run Print Troubleshooter. The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while
    printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the online instructions.

Post that make sure that the Print Spooler service is enabled.

• Press Windows +
      R
      and type in services.msc then press Enter

• Right-click the Print spooler service, and then click
      Properties.

• Now stop and start the service.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in the link below to fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Help. After Windows Update in May - Printer stopped working

1. Help. After Windows Update in May - Printer stopped working - Similar Threads - Help Update May

2. printer stopped working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer stopped working after Windows update: After auto update of Windows Windows 10S? my printer stopped working. Still no joy after several uninstalls and reinstalls of the printer driver. Suggestions?...
  3. After update my printer is stopped working please help what to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update my printer is stopped working please help what to do?: After update my printer is stopped working please help what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-my-printer-is-stopped-working-please/d7257362-39a6-4bd2-abc2-592abae47d08
  4. printer stopped working after win 10 updates

printer stopped working after win 10 updates: Brother MFC-885CW stopped printing after Win 10 updates. The scanning function still works through scan app on PC, and the PC recognizes the printer but when selecting to print it states it is printing but it is not and sometimes the browser window will abruptly close...
  5. printers stopped after update

printers stopped after update: the last round of win updates stopped several pc's in my office from being able to print. this was on several pc's and they are networked to several printers. we could see the printers but they would not do anything, not even a test page. nothing in the queue either....
  6. Printer stopped working after Windows 10 Update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer stopped working after Windows 10 Update 1909: My wife's computer installed the Windows update yesterday, but today when she attempted to print to our networked Brother HL-4040CN, it would not print, not even a test page. It printed fine the day before. I attempted to troubleshoot, and tested printing from my laptop,...
  7. Cortana Stopped Working after "May update"

in Cortana
    Cortana Stopped Working after "May update": I kept getting prompts about last chance for May update. I performed the update and have lost Cortana. She will open sometimes but NEVER responds since I did this update. I have performed all troubleshooting. Can I uninstall this "May update". I was much happier with...
  8. hp printer stops working after updating to 1809

hp printer stops working after updating to 1809: Greetings After updating to 1809 (to solve another problem) my printer stopped working. It is HP officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless. Original CD was for windows XP/7 so it doesn't work. Device setup downloaded from HP support fails even after neutralizing firewall, defender,...
  9. hp printer stops working after updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hp printer stops working after updating to 1809: Greetings After updating to 1809 (to solve another problem) my printer stopped working. It is HP officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless. Original CD was for windows XP/7 so it doesn't work. Device setup downloaded from HP support fails even after neutralizing firewall, defender,...
  10. Dot Matrix Printer Stopped Working After Update

Dot Matrix Printer Stopped Working After Update: Hi, I'm new here. Desperate to make a thread regarding this issue. Yesterday (15 November 2017), I installed an update 2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4049011) 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems...