Windows 10: Help! After Windows update last night, access denied to all my Protected Files

Discus and support Help! After Windows update last night, access denied to all my Protected Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; During the night, Microsoft Update ran. When I rebooted in the morning, I no longer have access to any Protected files. Which of course are all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jsf3333, Nov 11, 2020.

1. jsf3333 Win User

Help! After Windows update last night, access denied to all my Protected Files

During the night, Microsoft Update ran. When I rebooted in the morning, I no longer have access to any Protected files. Which of course are all the important files! Please help me fix this.

:)

jsf3333, Nov 11, 2020

2. Windows update in windows 10 failing: datastoreandwulogfiles.zip access denied

Hello Wendy,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages when checking for updates?
    • Confirm the most recent KB update that your computer is trying to install. To check, refer to the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + I, then select Update & Security.
    • Go to Windows Update, select View installed update history.

Meanwhile, the issue might also occur due to corruption in Windows Update component files. We suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article.

Also, try to perform the steps below to troubleshoot the "Access Denied" error:

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Help! After Windows update last night, access denied to all my Protected Files

Radney Dri, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Help! After Windows update last night, access denied to all my Protected Files

1. Help! After Windows update last night, access denied to all my Protected Files - Similar Threads - Help update last

2. Denied Access to Files After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Denied Access to Files After Windows 10 Update: After Windows 10 updated, the files on my desktop and the apps pinned to my taskbar disappeared. In addition, I no longer have permission to access, among other things, file explorer. I also do not have a security tab. I am the administrator, so any advice? Thanks....
  3. DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE

DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE: I logged on this morning and everything on my desktop is gone. Windows 10 / 64 Bit This is the update that was installed: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023057/update-reliability-for-windows-10-versions-1507-to-1909 I have tried the following: 1. Disabled...
  4. Upgrade last night all of my files are gone from laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade last night all of my files are gone from laptop.: An automated upgrade ran for more than 2 hours last night and all of my files are gone. PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-last-night-all-of-my-files-are-gone-from/84a7b883-3af6-4856-a16c-2474febf5341
  5. denied access to my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    denied access to my files: What are the crosses that deny access to my files in explorer. How do I get rid of them so that I can open my files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-access-to-my-files/b9b8317e-8ffc-4602-ad09-8d464d219189
  6. Windows update last night

Windows update last night: Just checkexc what was new after the update applied last night and can't find anything about Microsoft overwriting my personalisations. For instance you have removed my wallpaper and replaced it with a black screen and have changed my screensaver from "Windows 10 is ****" to...
  7. Overnight "Access is denied" to all my Word files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Overnight "Access is denied" to all my Word files: Oh dear. Windows spent hours updating my system overnight and I find that "Access is denied" to all my Office 365 Word files. I can access Word itself OK. Help, what should I do please?...
  8. unable to get into my desktop after last nights updates

unable to get into my desktop after last nights updates: last night my computer said it was going to update and shut down. Today I cannot access my desktop computer. It is asking for my product key. This was a download a couple years ago onto my old XP program. I have tried everything and the system will not allow access and wants...
  9. Slow computer after it updated last night

Slow computer after it updated last night: When my computer turned off last night it updated.....which is fine......but today it is REALLY slow!! What do I need to do to speed it up again? It's very frustrating to use for work! Thanks :)...
  10. Black screen after update last night

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after update last night: Hi, This morning Sept 15 after the update to Win 10 1703 x64, 2 computers had a black screen when starting. Came to the blue Windows Logo then went black but with a moveable cursor after hearing open music. I closed them down and restarted them. One has come up...