Windows 10: HELP! All local files were deleted!

Discus and support HELP! All local files were deleted! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; While attempting to clear up some free space on my hard drive, I accidentally deleted my OneDrive folder. This cleaned out everything on my desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by haflagirl, Dec 31, 2020.

1. haflagirl Win User

HELP! All local files were deleted!

While attempting to clear up some free space on my hard drive, I accidentally deleted my OneDrive folder. This cleaned out everything on my desktop, including current projects I'm working on as well as obliterating my documents folders and others. again, important current work stuff in there. I was not using or syncing to OneDrive that I know of and I never checked it since I tend to save things to dropbox instead. Well I'd gotten behind on moving things to dropbox and so here I am, missing a ton of files that I need.

The deleted files are not in my computer's recycling, nor are they in my OneDrive recycling. My recycling settings are set to allow for recycling to happen yet there are only files in there from the last two days and NONE of the inadvertently deleted files got put there! I also tried to open the "recovery" folder on my computer and it won't grant me access I'm the only user assigned to this computer so I'm the admin who allegedly has access to everything on the computer, but not this.

I've searched the internet for solutions but it keeps sending me in useless circles so here I am, asking you.

:)

haflagirl, Dec 31, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 31, 2020
  3. macbeth Win User
    Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, Dec 31, 2020
  4. DCnewbie Win User

How do I delete registry files?

Does it matter if I deleted programs at:
    Go to Hkey_Current User> Software intead of "Local Machine"?

Also, where can I check if programs listed there are legitimate? Isn't there a website to check the names of programs or applications?

DCnewbie, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

1. HELP! All local files were deleted! - Similar Threads - HELP local files

2. I accidentally deleted all files that were in %appdata%.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted all files that were in %appdata%.: How can I recover them? By the way, this is how it looks now: https://prnt.sc/8Eip-fd78vEd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-all-files-that-were-in/8e9024f0-2a28-4be8-9853-46f5f498fae7
  3. I accidentally deleted all files that were in %appdata%.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally deleted all files that were in %appdata%.: How can I recover them? By the way, this is how it looks now: https://prnt.sc/8Eip-fd78vEd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-all-files-that-were-in/8e9024f0-2a28-4be8-9853-46f5f498fae7
  4. I accidentally deleted all files that were in %appdata%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. All my files were deleted after uninstalling a program

All my files were deleted after uninstalling a program: So I had this program called BleachBit and I uninstalled it using an uninstaller called IObit Uninstaller. After I uninstalled the program, everything else from my system was also deleted. The wallpaper on my desktop turned black as if the wallpaper was deleted, the files on...
  6. ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted.

ALL Onedrive files including onenote were deleted.: Today I noticed when opening my onenote that all my notebooks were deleted. Checking the onedrive site I noticed EVERYTHING was gone and in the recycling bin. Has anyone else experienced this? It really makes not sense becuase I don't share anything or synchronize onedrive to...
  7. All of my files were deleted...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my files were deleted...: I fired up my laptop this morning and every file had been moved to the recycle bin. Some files I had already permanently deleted were restored and several files, despite appearing available in my recycle bin, indicate that they no longer exist. Does anyone have some insight...
  8. HELP please - ALL FILES in my user folder were DELETED by Windows

HELP please - ALL FILES in my user folder were DELETED by Windows: After I restarted my PC today, ALL files in my user folder are deleted, including pictures, videos, documents, desktop, music.... only the empty folder structure remains. The files are not moved to other folders on the C drive, I've looked for them. No new user profile were...
  9. Is there an All-in-One document for Deletion of OneDrive and Local files

Is there an All-in-One document for Deletion of OneDrive and Local files: I am pretty sure it must exist, but can't find it. I am looking for kind of an All-in-One document for the various Deletion scenarios - describing what happens when synced files are deleted on OneDrive and/or Locally, under the various options of "On Demand", "Keep on this...
  10. ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED: FIRST OF ALL, I FORMATTED MY DISK DRIVES, AND I TRIED TO RECOVER THEM BY REMO RECOVER SOFTWARE. I GOT ALL MY FILES BACK.. BUT EVERYTHING WAS CORRUPTED... I EVEN CANT OPEN EXE FILES. IT SAYS " THIS APP CANT RUN ON YOUR PC" IS THERE ANY WAY OF RECOVERING MY CORRUPTED...