Windows 10: Help all my libraries files LOST- Win 10 update

Discus and support Help all my libraries files LOST- Win 10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently updated my win 8.1 laptop to win 10. Then for the first few times that I used this computer I noticed that my files were hidden in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mikelcabz, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Mikelcabz Win User

Help all my libraries files LOST- Win 10 update

I recently updated my win 8.1 laptop to win 10. Then for the first few times that I used this computer I noticed that my files were hidden in the windows.old folder. So I copied them to their respective libraries and moved on.

Then earlier this morning I turned on my laptop to see some updates happening. After it happened, I saw my computer apps go back, and some of my customization settings. However, my library files are nowhere to be found (documents, images, videos, sounds). Any help as to how to recover?

:)

Mikelcabz, Aug 20, 2015
  2. EdenAce Win User

Files were lost after Windows 10 1709 update

I have lost my files in the local library and windows 10 settings after the update.

But I am able to view the files under C:/ User

Can you help me to restore the files back to the local library and restore the settings of my preview Windows 10 1703?

Im hoping for a quick and urgent reply on this. Thanks so much!

EdenAce, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Missing Files after Windows 10 UPDATE (NOT UPGRADE)

When I upgraded to Windows 10 I lost all my files in the libraries, but that is ok because i always back-up. however, a couple of weeks later, my pc was forced to update at shutdown. The previous files that i lost from upgrading came back but the new important
    files that was not backed-up is gone.

I've downloaded a software to recover all the files. It was successfully able to locate the Folder but only with 4 files out of > 600.

Please kindly help.

Regards,

jumyjoe900, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Mooly Win User

If you search for a file or picture that you know the file name of (or even partial name of), does W10 it find it. If so then you could right click and look at the file location for a clue.

Whatever, I would ensure you copy the Windows.old folder contents if you have no other form of data recovery.

Mooly, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Help all my libraries files LOST- Win 10 update - Similar Threads - Help libraries files

2. I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!: My computer was giving me a warning for the storage being too full, and the "Free Up Space" option wasn't being any help, so I opened up Treesize and tried to find something to delete there.I saw that Onedrive was taking up a lot of space, so I went to the Onedrive app and...
  3. I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!: My computer was giving me a warning for the storage being too full, and the "Free Up Space" option wasn't being any help, so I opened up Treesize and tried to find something to delete there.I saw that Onedrive was taking up a lot of space, so I went to the Onedrive app and...
  4. I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost library during file transfere

Lost library during file transfere: I did a transfer from old computer to new computer. Cannot see documents, photos, videos, etc. I found them but have to open manually because it is not under my user name even though I'm the adm. I only see the default user and myself. How do I get them to open when I sign...
  6. Lost all files after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all files after update: Hello, My computer recently did an update and now all my files are not there. My apps are still on the pc but they all need reinstalled. Also, when I look into the users folder there are only two files: TEMP &Public. And my profile isn't there. Even my wallpaper was...
  7. All data lost after WIN 10 update?

All data lost after WIN 10 update?: An hour before, my computer underwent an automatic update. After update, I could not login in. Then I re-boot and then I could log in. Unfortunately, I found all data in the Document lost. I browsed the computer files and found the data were in another “Document” so...
  8. Unwanted update Lost all files

Unwanted update Lost all files: Good Afternoon Automatic update on my computer which has completely lost all my files Assistance required Best Regards Kathryn Haworth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-update-lost-all-files/34cb6c10-af50-4fc8-8255-28b189b4626b"
  9. Lost files after win 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost files after win 10 update.: I recently lost ALL my files after another Windows update,, I had noticed a little while back that my shortcuts were not working... and that for some reason all my files were in a directory called Windows.old.. I was trying to work out how they were there,, and then now...
  10. update windows 10 or all my files will be lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    update windows 10 or all my files will be lost: A message appeared in a popup window warning me that if I did not click the update now button all my files would be lost. I just closed the browser and it disappeared. I assume this is a scam of sorts and not a real threat....