Windows 10: Help and or advice needed

Discus and support Help and or advice needed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JackieMartinez, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Help and or advice needed

I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and simultaneously surf the net using laptop monitor?

Thanks

:)

JackieMartinez, Jan 29, 2016

2. Help or advice needed on sending text messages 7610 (NEW)

Thanks for your reply. I have had another look in the instruction manual and comparing it to what you have said about the amount of characters in the text and not the number of lines. It states that the maximum amount for sending a text is 160. Can I increase
    this amount and if so how do I do it?

Cheers

mitzy---01, Jan 29, 2016
  3. petrib Win User
    Help or advice needed on sending text messages 7610 (NEW)

I hope the explanation isn't too technical, but the number of lines is not a good measure, as the phones use different font (text) sizes and different width displays. The actual number of characters is what's significant in this case.

In your case, the message may contain national characters not part of the default SMS alphabet (character set). (E.g., some Greek, Turkish, or other special symbols/characters may not be part of the default SMS alphabet.)

When that happens, instead of using the 7-bit default alphabet, which allows storing of 160 characters in 140 bytes (1 byte = 8 bits) of storage space in a single SMS, the character set switches to using USCS-2 which is a 16-bit Unicode encoding.

This then means that in 140 bytes one can store 70 unicode characters.

With 71 Unicode characters in a message, it means the message exceeds the single-message limit and has to be sent as 2.

A 7-bit character set allows 128 unique character positions only.

An 8-bit character set allows 256 unique character positions, but consumes a little bit more storage space on a computer.

A 16-bit character set allows 65536 unique character positions, and consumes twice as much space than an 8-bit character set.

For the technically inclined, you can read more about character set, e.g., in this article:
    The Absolute Minimum Every Software Developer Absolutely, Positively Must Know About Unicode and Character Sets (No Excuses!)

petrib, Jan 29, 2016
  4. altae Win User

Help and or advice needed

If the laptop supports multi monitor setup it should work, you could play something, e. g. a movie, on one screen (tv) and on the other (laptop) you could still do something else like web browsing. Just connect the tv to the laptop, go to display settings and try to set it up as two monitors.

altae, Jan 29, 2016
  5. AnEdge Win User
    Use the Windows Mobility Center> external display

AnEdge, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Help and or advice needed

1. Help and or advice needed - Similar Threads - Help advice needed

2. Need urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  3. I need help or advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help or advice: My pc will boot normally and everything hit it won’t connect to my monitor and my mouse also doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting. The pc, fully powering everything down, checking connections on different ports tried removing all the peripherals and restarting, removing and...
  4. I need help or advice

I need help or advice: My pc will boot normally and everything hit it won’t connect to my monitor and my mouse also doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting. The pc, fully powering everything down, checking connections on different ports tried removing all the peripherals and restarting, removing and...
  5. need advice and help with my tower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need advice and help with my tower: i have and older tower thats dell windows xp microsoft that im trying to get back up for my 74 year old friend and i needed a little help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-advice-and-help-with-my-tower/5cf17205-db85-4244-bc7a-90637708c87b
  6. need advice and help with my tower

need advice and help with my tower: i have and older tower thats dell windows xp microsoft that im trying to get back up for my 74 year old friend and i needed a little help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-advice-and-help-with-my-tower/5cf17205-db85-4244-bc7a-90637708c87b
  7. Need some help and advice, please and thanks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help and advice, please and thanks: submitted by /u/gowashyourmilk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kyrrxd/need_some_help_and_advice_please_and_thanks/
  8. Need networking advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need networking advice: I am trying to transfer files from my laptop (Windows 10 x64, ver 1909) to my desktop (Win 10 x64 ver 20H2. I have a lot of options, but can't seem to get any to work: 1) Google Drive--I appear to have two Google Drives, one talking to my phone and laptop, the other to my...
  9. Audio issues need help or advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issues need help or advice: Hey guys I’m really getting tired of trying to figure this out so I hope you can help. Sorry if this is kind of all over the place. So I recently bought a computer off a friend hoping to get gaming a little more. We usually play Warzone with discord but my audio issues are...
  10. help please, need advice

help please, need advice: Hi guys, my dad is wanting to find some software to help write short storys on youtube. He has seen people videos where the books scrolls itself down the page like a virtual book, some have imagines like a word pad in the background, we have looked all over for some simple...