Windows 10: [Help] Any way to prevent windows from locking on inactivity?

Discus and support [Help] Any way to prevent windows from locking on inactivity? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I leave my laptop untouched, it locks the screen and goes to lockscreen after ~5 minutes. How do I prevent this? I'm NOT talking about screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iWizardB, Aug 26, 2020.

1. [Help] Any way to prevent windows from locking on inactivity?

If I leave my laptop untouched, it locks the screen and goes to lockscreen after ~5 minutes. How do I prevent this?

I'm NOT talking about screen turning off. I'm fine with screen turning off. But I don't want the screen to lock.

In other words, Is this possible -

Laptop on battery > screen turns off after 5 minutes > screen gets locked after 10 minutes.

Between the 5 and 10 minutes, if I press any key or move mouse, I should be back at my desktop, not lock screen. Is this possible?

submitted by /u/iWizardB
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iWizardB, Aug 26, 2020

2. How do I make Windows 10 not lock while inactive?

Hi there, thank you for the suggestion. I had no idea those options were there. Unfortunately none of them prevent the system from locking due to inactivity.

MastaShzl75, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 locks after inactivity

We have two computers that act as registers at my place of business that we need to not go to the lock screen due to inactivity. Using the GPOs on the domain server I've applied GPOs to disable password protecting the screen saver as well as to not require
    a password on wake up.

On one computer it works on the other it does not and the computer continues to lock. I've checked the rsop.msc as well as the power plan settings and they are all correctly set. I've also tried completely disabling the screen saver and it still goes to the
    lock screen after inactivity. Doesn't even sleep just locks. The only difference between these two systems is that the one that doesn't work is 32bit (no idea if that has anything to do with it) but it only started locking after upgrading to windows 10. Windows
    7 was fine.

If anyone has any suggestions or an answer I have been unable to find anything related to this subject where the suggestion isn't just to disbable lock on screen saver, disable the screen saver, or disable lock screen on wakeup in the power settings. (All of
    these have been done)

NateSorensen, Aug 26, 2020
  4. [Help] Any way to prevent windows from locking on inactivity?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

[Help] Any way to prevent windows from locking on inactivity?

1. [Help] Any way to prevent windows from locking on inactivity? - Similar Threads - Help prevent locking

2. Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?: I have 3 virtual desktops and find that my windows randomly move between the desktops. I'm trying to keep windows in a a personal desktop separate from windows in a citrix hosted work desktop, separate from windows in a projects desktop. I find that windows from one desktop...
  3. Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?: I have 3 virtual desktops and find that my windows randomly move between the desktops. I'm trying to keep windows in a a personal desktop separate from windows in a citrix hosted work desktop, separate from windows in a projects desktop. I find that windows from one desktop...
  4. Is there any way to lock a window to a virtual desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. turn off lock screen from inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off lock screen from inactivity: I have changed system unattended sleep timeout to 90 minutes and console lock display timeout to 90 min but sometimes by screen will timeout and go to lockscreen within say 5 min. I am using openshell to get rid of windows new interface....
  6. Any way to prevent UWP apps from suspending on lost focus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to prevent UWP apps from suspending on lost focus?: I'm trying to play minecraft W10 with friends but when it's fullscreen and i alt-tab or windowed and minimized the game basically closes and gets the little green leaf in task manager and when i alt-tab back it disconnects me from the server. Any way to stop it from getting...
  7. Is there any way to prevent automatic driver updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there any way to prevent automatic driver updates?: Hey, is there any way to prevent automatic driver updates in Windows 10, except disconnecting internet? But than, after you enable it, still other drivers/software components install automatically and prompt from mouse drivers keeps popping up from time to time, i don't want...
  8. Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to lock a window in a certain position?: I want to record a certain window, but it requires an specific angle in order to do so. I have to resize the window and position it in a set position for the recording to go smoother, but the problem is every time I close said window, it opens on full screen as if I didn't do...
  9. Windows 10 - Is there any way to prevent updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Is there any way to prevent updates?: Second time in 6 months Dell says a Windows 10 install will be required to correct issues from Windows 10 updates.I am really sick of this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-there-any-way-to-prevent-updates/6b771c0a-ee34-4e30-9f48-cee24bef51eb
  10. Any way to prevent Windows 10 from changing from Local Account Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Any way to prevent Windows 10 from changing from Local Account Login: Any way to prevent Windows 10 from changing from Local Account Login to Microsoft account login? I go through the process of changing my login to Local and a few days later Windows 10 says it updated files and the next time I start to login the system has been reset to...