Windows 10: HELP: Black screen when signing out.

Discus and support HELP: Black screen when signing out. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There are two users on my PC. It sometimes happens on one but never on the other. Screen goes black when signing out or shutting down after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nakorurukami, Aug 27, 2020.

1. HELP: Black screen when signing out.

There are two users on my PC. It sometimes happens on one but never on the other.

Screen goes black when signing out or shutting down after the spinning "loading" icon appears.

When I lock screen and sign in to the other account, it goes black.

My only way to restore functionality is to hard reset, which is not ideal in the long run.

Anyone having the same problem?

submitted by /u/nakorurukami
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nakorurukami, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

HELP: Black screen when signing out.

Windows 10 black screen with blinking line need help

Hi,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps in the following link:

Troubleshoot black screen problems

If you are unable to reach the Windows sign-in screen, select No, I'm not signed in, and follow the recommended troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

HELP: Black screen when signing out.

1. HELP: Black screen when signing out. - Similar Threads - HELP Black screen

2. Is it normal for a brief black screen when signing in and out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal for a brief black screen when signing in and out?: Anytime I use the ALT +F4 shortcut to log in or switch user there is also a brief black screen faintly lit due to my monitor when logging in or out, logging in also shows a brief "please wait" loading screen.are these normal?...
  3. Is it normal for a brief black screen when signing in and out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it normal for a brief black screen when signing in and out?: Anytime I use the ALT +F4 shortcut to log in or switch user there is also a brief black screen faintly lit due to my monitor when logging in or out, logging in also shows a brief "please wait" loading screen.are these normal?...
  4. Is it normal for a brief black screen when signing in and out?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Black Screen when turning on, help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen when turning on, help!: Recently, my computer has locked me out from signing in, all it does is show a black screen. No commands work, and task manager doesn't show up. For context, I was about to have a Dungeons and Dragons session with my friends and brother, I was not downloading anything at all....
  6. Black Screen when signing into Windows!

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen when signing into Windows!: Hi guys, hope you're all doing well, I have been having issues lately since formatting my pc onto a brand new drive. I've had no BSOD, no lockups etc the issue I'm facing when I start my pc for the first time of the day it boots up fine, get to the welcome screen, I sign in...
  7. Black Screen when signing into Windows!

Black Screen when signing into Windows!: Hi guys, hope you're all doing well, I have been having issues lately since formatting my pc onto a brand new drive. I've had no BSOD, no lockups etc the issue I'm facing when I start my pc for the first time of the day it boots up fine, get to the welcome screen, I sign in...
  8. Help with signing out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with signing out: I work at a hospital and I signed into my OneDrive account on the work computer when I was doing an assignment for school. But it does not give me an option to sign out of my OneDrive. So I notice now every assignment I do on my personal computer at home, whenever I go to...
  9. Black sceen when signing out/logging off

Black sceen when signing out/logging off: Hi, I have started getting a couple of annoying issues. Firstly, intermittently, when signing/logging out I get a 'Black screen' and have to shut down my PC from power button on desk top tower and reboot. Not very computer savvy so no real idea of what the issue is and how...
  10. Signing in black screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in black screen: Why am I getting a black screen for several minutes between the time I sign in to Windows 10 and when my homepage appears? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-in-black-screen/4f6738bf-1160-4bcc-b5f2-c9da770a93b4