Windows 10: Help! Booting to a blank screen!

Discus and support Help! Booting to a blank screen! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer started up from sleep this morning to a red screen (an accent color I'm using), thought maybe it had crashed, so I restarted but now all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wiretap, Nov 20, 2015.

1. wiretap Win User

Help! Booting to a blank screen!

My computer started up from sleep this morning to a red screen (an accent color I'm using), thought maybe it had crashed, so I restarted but now all that shows up is the red screen. The cursor still works, the only things that respond to the keyboard are the narrator program and hitting Windows+P brings up the display/projection options, but that's not the issue (as I've seen with most people booting to blank screens).

What the HELL is going on?!

:)

wiretap, Nov 20, 2015

2. Windows 10 looping

When turned on my machine does not boot. There is windows logo with a spinning circle of dots; blank screen; Gateway logo shows and at screen bottom: F12 boot options, Del: Boot options screen; blank screen; win logo with spinning dot wheel; blank screen;
    Gateway...

How to get it booted right?

garylewis51, Nov 20, 2015
  3. My n95 8gb got crashed

My mobile is not booting up, can anyone help me on this.

only blank screen is displaying.

ashok_fun123, Nov 20, 2015
Thema:

Help! Booting to a blank screen!

1. Help! Booting to a blank screen! - Similar Threads - Help Booting blank

2. Not booting with blank screen after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not booting with blank screen after Windows update: When I turn on my laptop (Acer Aspire ES1-572-31XL) I hear the fans running, hard drive starting, and I see the LED light come on, but I have a completely black screen. When I press F2 or F8 to go into BIOS it doesn't work and I don't see the Acer logo later in it's just...
  3. Blank screen, please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen, please help: Hello, If some could assist me with this, i would greatly appreciate it. I am receiving the following message after my pc performed an update. Can someone pleae help me repair this?C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC,...
  4. blank screen on boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blank screen on boot: i am booting my windows 10 machine with a vga connection to an acer monitor. The computer boots ok as i can hear the windows chime but i cant see anything on the monitor it just goes blank but it is not black it is blue/purple and It is responding to the computer signal. It...
  5. Screen blank at boot no cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen blank at boot no cursor: When I boot, I get a blank screen (w/o cursor). I tried booting into safe mode without success. Computer is Windows 10 originally. I tried using sfc command. Nothing found. Monitor is working. I removed ssd and replaced with another. I could only restore image with one two...
  6. Blank screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen: I hope you can help, I have been 'updating' windows 10 from windows 7 since Monday. The screen has remained blank since then. Nothing is happening at all. After turning it off, the start up screen is just the windows 10 logo then the screen goes blank. Please help as now...
  7. Windows 10 booting - blank screen instead of login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 booting - blank screen instead of login screen: HI all, I have a strange windows issue. When I boot up the PC it seems to boot up normally, but when the windows login wallpaper is meant to show. I just get a black screen. No flashing cursor. I am also unable to: RDP - I am prompted to login but after entering...
  8. Blank Blue Screen HELP :-(

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Blue Screen HELP :-(: Hi, I have been trying to download windows 10 on my laptop (windows 7). It does the download and looks like it is all downloading fine and it starts rebooting and then it goes to a blank blue screen and doesn't go off the screen. I have to turn my laptop off just to do...
  9. Windows 10 boots to blank screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boots to blank screen: Hello people, It has been a while since I posted. I have a Dell Inspiron N5050 laptop that is giving me fits. It was having an issue with explorer restarting continuously after it was upgraded from windows 7 by the customer. I recommended a clean install and backed up all...
  10. Help w/ blank screen/cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Help w/ blank screen/cursor: Hello Shortly after upgrading my nVidia drivers to a Windows 10 version (about a week ago), I've been getting the now famous blank screen with a cursor. I can bring up the "Projectors" menu (Winkey + P) but nothing else. I can get into the Troubleshooting boot mode,...