Windows 10: HELP BSODs during fresh installs of Windows 10

Discus and support HELP BSODs during fresh installs of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 2 days ago I finished assembling my first PC build! I was super excited when I got it to POST. However, when I try and boot windows from USB, BSODs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ConnorTsui, Jun 25, 2020.

1. HELP BSODs during fresh installs of Windows 10

2 days ago I finished assembling my first PC build! I was super excited when I got it to POST. However, when I try and boot windows from USB, BSODs occur seemingly at random at different steps of the windows setup.

Here is my system: 3700X, 2080 super, Asus x570 tuf gaming plus Mobo, Seagate barracuda 2 tb HDD, Crucial P1 nvme ssd, Gskill ripjaws 5 3600 2x8gb, AG apexgaming 80+ gold 750 watt psu, Lian li lancool case

Here is what normally happens: I go into my bios and select the USB partition with windows as the first option to boot. Then I restart, and let windows load. Here is the first place where a BSOD happens, and it happens here most often. Specifically it BSODs when the dots start spinning in a circle. The error message is different every time, but I see Service System Exception most often.

If it doesn't crash there, I get the purple screen asking to setup windows. I follow the steps, selecting the version of windows and putting in my activation key. Then it asks which drive to install windows to. It has crashed at this moment twice now, the first time after I clicked "next" to install windows, and the other time when I was deleting partitions that were only partially downloaded.

Finally, if I get through choosing where I want windows installed, the installation begins. The final place where my pc crashes is when the progress bar for "Getting files ready for installation" happens. I have not been able to get past that point.

Note: every time it crashes, it is a different error. Also, sometimes I see different messages, sometimes with percentage till restart, sometimes without

MY TROUBLESHOOTING ATTEMPTS: At first I thought it was my RAM, but I ran memtest86 and it completed it with 4 passes. I then updated my mobo bios, and no change. I doubt my CPU or GPU are the problem, they show up in bios.

I believe my SSD and hard drives are good. I am able to download things to them from command prompt, and I can see them both with diskpart.

I thought it might be my flash drive, which is a SanDisk 128 gb USB a drive, but I tried it on another 16gb drive and that didn't work either.

That leaves 2 sources of error: the Mobo and the PSU. I know that my PSU is not name brand, so maybe there is something wrong with the PSU. That would explain why the installation is so unstable and why BSODs would happen randomly. However the system seems to run fine when I wasn't installing windows or Ubuntu.

Also, I tried booting Ubuntu, and that failed as well. My monitor had a bunch of artifacts and numbers when I tried to boot it.

With the MOBO, I have no idea how I would troubleshoot it.

Every so often I am able to get to the windows troubleshooting page, but when I try "Startup Repair," it says windows could not fix anything. From the same page I can access command prompt. From command prompt I ran chkdsk c: /r /f and went through that process, but that didn't work. I also ran sfc /scannow and went through the verification process, but that didn't work either.

Any help with this troubleshooting would be appreciated!

:)

ConnorTsui, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 25, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 25, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

HELP BSODs during fresh installs of Windows 10

Windows 10 installing progs

Fresh installs do it too, in fact i have had the same bs happen. Might be suggested apps which you can turn off.

AsRock, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

HELP BSODs during fresh installs of Windows 10

1. HELP BSODs during fresh installs of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - HELP BSODs during

2. Window 10 fresh installation BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 fresh installation BSOD: HelloToday I installed windows 10 on a new SSD drive. From time to time it would throw me a BSOD. Usually it was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I think I temporarily fixed the problem by changing the Start value in...
  3. Window 10 fresh installation BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 fresh installation BSOD: HelloToday I installed windows 10 on a new SSD drive. From time to time it would throw me a BSOD. Usually it was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I think I temporarily fixed the problem by changing the Start value in...
  4. Window 10 fresh installation BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 fresh install bsod help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fresh install bsod help: Well I kept getting failed windows update and tried multiple avenues to fix that and couldn’t. figured I would do a fresh install today to fix it. That’s where I messed up lol. I select my partition and the initial install goes well. On boot it starts installing devices and...
  6. Help with fresh windows 10 install

Help with fresh windows 10 install: As you can see in my fresh install of windows 10, My display is showing 2 graphics cards. I am not sure if my pc is using the GeForce card. Shouldn't it only be having the GeForce on here? I tried to disable to Intel HD Graphics card, but then my display looks like ****...
  7. BSOD Constantly and during fresh install

BSOD Constantly and during fresh install: So about a year ago i built this PC: Specs: -AMD Ryzen 3 2200G -Asus Prime B450M-A-Patriot Viper Elite Series DDR4 8GB 2 x 4GB -PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon RX 570 AXRX 570 4GBD5-3DHD/OC First thing i did was install windows. Everything went smooth for a couple of...
  8. Shutdown during fresh install windows 10

Shutdown during fresh install windows 10: While attempting a fresh install of 10, I didn't realized the power had gone offline and the fresh install of 10 was interrupted by a shutdown. Now I cannot get the dell 5720 to load windows 10. It also will not read either from the network or the usb media creation tool. Its...
  9. BSoD on a fresh install of Windows 10

BSoD on a fresh install of Windows 10: Hello! First time here and I am really hoping someone could help me figure this out. I am having constant BSoDs and I have tried fixing the error codes that pop on the screen. I went as far as doing a fresh install of Windows 10 and I still keep getting them. I have searched...
  10. BSOD on fresh Windows 10 installation

BSOD on fresh Windows 10 installation: Just got a "Kernel Security Check Failure" BSOD on a fresh installation of Windows 10 (Version 1703 OS Build 15063.413) which is about five days old. At the time of the crash I was watching a YouTube video. Thanks 88551