Windows 10: Help button in Explorer and upload of data?

Discus and support Help button in Explorer and upload of data? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone In every folder in Windows Explorer, right under the (X), there is a (?) / the help button. When I click it, it opens Microsoft Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EmilDK, Dec 23, 2020.

1. EmilDK Win User

Help button in Explorer and upload of data?

Hello everyone

In every folder in Windows Explorer, right under the (X), there is a (?) / the help button.
    When I click it, it opens Microsoft Edge browser and then makes a search regarding help for Explorer in Windows 10.

Is the search in any way related to the contet of the folder?

Is any content of the folder uploaded to the Microsoft Edge server during the proces?

I assume, that the answer is NO to both, but I just wanna make sure.

Thank you in advance for replying

Best regards

:)

EmilDK, Dec 23, 2020

2. home button in edge

Hi,

I suggest you to try resetting Edge and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.
    • After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.
    • Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.
    • Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu File Explorer button error "Windows cannot access the specified device ..."

Hi All,

I have a strange error with windows start menu today! Please check the attached two images:

Notes (before reproducing steps):

• My laptop is up without restart for 11 days till now, I am a software engineer.
    • I have ended the explorer processes and relaunched it from the task manager.
    • File Explorer button in the start menu opens "This PC".
    • I can open the Explorer normally by
      • Menu Button + E
      • File Explorer pinned to the taskbar

• I can't open the File Explorer by Start Menu > File Explorer Button

• I don't want to restart, I have a lot of work on other desktops, restart solves this problem. Obviously, it is a bug.

Steps to reproduce the error:

• open the start menu
    • click on file explorer button
      • an error message appears with "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".

Step 1:

Help button in Explorer and upload of data? fad2ccec-0d7c-4272-9c89-08b9eb0f0083?upload=true.png

Step 2 & result:

Help button in Explorer and upload of data? 06f0a347-02ec-4462-acd2-2d5f32d5199d?upload=true.png

Steps were taken trying to resolve the issue:

• I tried to restart the explorer process from task manager, but with no success.
    • I tried to replace the shortcut the file explorer button points at, but still with no hope.
    • I checked the permissions of the "explorer.exe" process in "Windows" folder, and I have the correct permissions. I even tried to double click the file "explorer.exe" and it normally opened the explorer without a problem!

I guess it is a problem with the File Explorer button itself in the start menu (A GUI problem), maybe a corrupted registry key!

Software and Hardware Specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64

Version 1709

OS Build 16299.309

Dell Inspiron 7559

Quad Cores i5 2.3 GHz

8 GB Ram

Thank you very much.

ahmedhamdy90, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Help button in Explorer and upload of data?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Help button in Explorer and upload of data?

1. Help button in Explorer and upload of data? - Similar Threads - Help button Explorer

2. How to know the data download/upload from Data Usage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know the data download/upload from Data Usage?: Hello,I found that my PC is uploading data more than downloading data from the Internet Via the modern statistics report- it is around 6x. I want to understand what is application send them through the internet to make sure my PC doesn't have a Virus or something.However,...
  3. How to know the data download/upload from Data Usage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to know the data download/upload from Data Usage?: Hello,I found that my PC is uploading data more than downloading data from the Internet Via the modern statistics report- it is around 6x. I want to understand what is application send them through the internet to make sure my PC doesn't have a Virus or something.However,...
  4. Help button in Explorer and upload of data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help button in Explorer and upload of data?: Hello everyone In every folder in Windows Explorer, right under the X, there is a ? / the help button. When I click it, it opens Microsoft Edge browser and then makes a search regarding help for Explorer in Windows 10. Is the search in any way related to the contet of the...
  5. Windows 10 is uploading data during updates.

Windows 10 is uploading data during updates.: Hi Team, Windows 10 is uploading updates during app/system updates even if the "Allow downloads from other PCs" option is turned off. I have also set the connection to metered even if its a 100Mbps UL/DL link, just to prevent the uploading. I even tried the windows update...
  6. Strange excessive amount of data uploaded

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange excessive amount of data uploaded: How can I figure out why I have days shown in my router logs with 17+ gb of data uploaded? Also an RIDICULOUS amount downloaded nearly everyday..... I'm stuck...losing my mind....
  7. Upload my data to the cloud.

Upload my data to the cloud.: I kept receiving messages from Microsoft that if I clicked on the box my free cell data would be saved in case my system might fail etc. After resisting my impulse to try it I finally broke down to try it. Big mistake. Microsoft took my data and said it would be put on the...
  8. Uploading data from android to pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uploading data from android to pc: Uploading photos and contacts and other data, from an android that has a screen that is no longer functioning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-data-from-android-to-pc/6b802589-17ba-4914-b273-9dfdb1d61321
  9. Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data?

Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data?: Hiya. I was recently checking my network activity for the last month, and I found something that seemed very odd to me. I was wondering, isn't it a bit unusual that Windows Problem Reporting (wermgr.exe) has uploaded over 21GB of data in the last 29 days, even though I...
  10. Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data?

Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data?: Hiya. I was recently checking my network activity for the last month, and I found something that seemed very odd to me. I was wondering, isn't it a bit unusual that Windows Problem Reporting (wermgr.exe) has uploaded over 21GB of data in the last 29 days, even though I...