Windows 10: [HELP] Cannot open 'Settings'

Discus and support [HELP] Cannot open 'Settings' in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi guys!!! Recently, I am not able to open the 'Settings' from the start menu and neither are the other links to settings opening...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mra1993, Sep 6, 2020.

1. [HELP] Cannot open 'Settings'

/u/mra1993, Sep 6, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 6, 2020
  3. settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

[HELP] Cannot open 'Settings'

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

[HELP] Cannot open 'Settings'

1. [HELP] Cannot open 'Settings' - Similar Threads - HELP Cannot open

2. cannot open settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open settings: Hi I just purchased a new laptop and it was running fine for a week however as of today I cannot open settings. I am using Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-settings/58fdc5c0-30a0-40d0-a8b3-86af9b6c4a6f
  3. cannot open settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot open settings: Hi I just purchased a new laptop and it was running fine for a week however as of today I cannot open settings. I am using Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-settings/58fdc5c0-30a0-40d0-a8b3-86af9b6c4a6f
  4. The Set of Folder cannot be Opened.

The Set of Folder cannot be Opened.: Hi, this error shows up when I click on shared Calendar within the company, i have almost 8 shared calendars but only a few shared from one person having issues when clicking on them the same person's some shared calendars works fine.whenever i click on the check box to...
  5. Cannot open settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open settings: I recently bought a new PC laptop with Windows 10 and I am not able to open the settings under the Windows menu. How can I resolve this problem? Thanks for your assistance....
  6. Cannot open settings.

Cannot open settings.: Every time i go to open my settings it will not launch. I tried updating all my drivers and using the hot fix from Microsoft. Nothing seems to work and I cannot find a solution for this problem....
  7. cannot open settings

cannot open settings: hi...cannot open settings in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-settings/74b51d46-bf21-4bb6-a3ac-1bc1e85b63a1
  8. Cannot open PC Settings

Cannot open PC Settings: Hello! I just noticed a weird bug at my work PC (Windows 10 Pro v1803). I click on the gear icon to open PC Settings and nothing happens. I also try to open PC Settings from Class Menu (I have Openshell installed), nothing again. The only way to access it is by right-click...
  9. Cannot open the setting

Cannot open the setting: Hello there. I recently update my window 10. After the update, I cannot open the settings. I need the solution to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-the-setting/5bc5b93b-7035-4171-8fb2-3c867efd86f7
  10. Cannot open settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open settings: I have checked the previous thread in this issue of problem opening Settings, but the solution offered via troubleshooter does NOT work for me. I am also having problem with the remote procedure call failing. The issues seem to be linked. As far as I can tell my...