Windows 10: Help! Cannot System Restore, etc

Discus and support Help! Cannot System Restore, etc in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Several sudden issues (after a crash - long story) on which I'd greatly appreciate help please. Can't do a System Restore Repeatedly get a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Terrypin, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Terrypin Win User

Help! Cannot System Restore, etc

Several sudden issues (after a crash - long story) on which I'd greatly appreciate help please.

Can't do a System Restore
    Repeatedly get a message reporting unsuccessful because couldn't access a file, and suggesting I retry after switching off anti-virsu software. Disabled Defender's protection and retried, but same result.

Can't get to 'Settings'
    I use the Classic Start Menu. Clicking PC settings no longer works.

Help! Cannot System Restore, etc [​IMG]

Can't get to 'Apps'
    The MS Apps are not showing up. Wouldn't normally worry me overmuch but I do need Skype and Camera urgently.

Help! Cannot System Restore, etc [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Dec 18, 2017

2. Been an idiot! don't know what I've done but my c:drive now says I don't have access - need help please!

Can no-one tell me what the default permissions are for System and Trusted Installer etc? I need to add these.

System restore didnt change this. I still cannot access C:/

Anonymous13516, Dec 18, 2017
  3. Cannot do a System Restore (System Restore error. 0x80070005) with Windows 10

Hi Kapil,

It did not work! Help! Cannot System Restore, etc :(

Furthermore, when I want to do a System Restore, I have the option to ''Undo System Restore'' which I tried, but did not worked out. The same message error appeared at start up.

I also did a Clean Boot and it did not work either.

I don't know what to do!

Help! Cannot System Restore, etc :(

karimbenkirane, Dec 18, 2017
  4. Help! Cannot System Restore, etc

Does it work with windows running in a normal configuartion ie, regular windows start menu?

kingtez1984, Dec 18, 2017
  5. Terrypin Win User
    Thanks. Happy to say that after spending most of the morning on this I have now recovered! *Smile
    Those three problems were fixed by doing a safe mode SR. Sets me back a day or so, but worth it.

The initial issue that I was trying to solve (during which I had the serious crash) was relatively trivial. Should post separately but in brief: I installed a new webcam, a Logitech C170. It works in the Camera app and in the Skype app. But after installing Logitech Webcam Software, the Quick Capture in that program does not actiavte the webcam. Much searching reveals it's a fairly common problem, but so far not found a solution.

Terrypin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Help! Cannot System Restore, etc

1. Help! Cannot System Restore, etc - Similar Threads - Help Cannot System

2. Help with system restore!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with system restore!: Hi, so I was wondering how long system restore will take and if you could read through my story. so I wasn't sure why my pc has been playing up, but when I started up the pc would take a long time to show the login page and long time to put in pin, Once in would be slow to...
  3. Help with system restore!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with system restore!: Hi, so I was wondering how long system restore will take and if you could read through my story. so I wasn't sure why my pc has been playing up, but when I started up the pc would take a long time to show the login page and long time to put in pin, Once in would be slow to...
  4. System restore mysteries / shadow copies etc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore mysteries / shadow copies etc: Hi, New Windows 10 user here. Have Googled/Binged around and still a bit puzzled about this. So, System Restore is defaulted to "Off" in Windows 10. I understand some of the reasons for this, but still find it a useful tool. I left it like that, since it's still fresh and...
  5. Restoration of Windows 10 System Image failed etc.

Restoration of Windows 10 System Image failed etc.: My version of Windows 10 Pro 64bit 10.0.19042 Build19042. Did a system image backup torestore it to a brand new 1TB HDD. When the restoration was near finish I gotthe message that the restoration failed with the error code 0x80070057. The system repair disk I used was...
  6. Need help with system restore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with system restore: My laptop was running the fan at maximum speed today and the CPU Usage also 100%. So I tried to do a System restore, but it has been 1.5 hours and it is still running . My laptop has a 1TB HDD. Do I need to wait more or Do I shut it down forcefully. What is the normal time to...
  7. [help] Restoring a system image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] Restoring a system image: I tried looking on the internet for an answer, but didn't find any. Can I restore a PC running windows 10 pro using a system image that was created from windows 10 home? submitted by /u/stabberofficial [link] [comments]...
  8. System restore stuck, help!!!

System restore stuck, help!!!: my laptop is stuck on system restore is restoring the registry for 2 hours now.. what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-stuck-help/c7fc7731-5238-41da-8315-7c73c987d9e7
  9. What's The Best Tool To Help With System/Restore/Fix etc... ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's The Best Tool To Help With System/Restore/Fix etc... ?: My computer wouldn't boot this morning. Wouldn't switch on at all. Took it apart and moved it to a bench where I could get at it and it started up there alright - but with an error message from windows: boot config files corrupt or missing - put in an install media, run...
  10. System Restore disabled and cannot enable it

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore disabled and cannot enable it: Hi Since installing Windows 10 I've had a problem with System Restore. I've searched the web (including this forum) but so far have not found anyone with my particular problem. I'm not saying they're not there, just that I've not found them yet. As you can see from the...