Windows 10: Help! Can't boot to safe mode after deleting FileRepository\ folder?

Discus and support Help! Can't boot to safe mode after deleting FileRepository\ folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 Enterprise ver 1809 I was cleaning drivers in the FileRepository folder to save some disk space. After changing the permission to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JvaqbjfhK, Jan 9, 2020.

1. JvaqbjfhK Win User

Help! Can't boot to safe mode after deleting FileRepository\ folder?

Win 10 Enterprise ver 1809

I was cleaning drivers in the FileRepository folder to save some disk space.
    After changing the permission to delete those files, some of them are in use thus undeletable.
    So I booted to another Linux partition to rm -r the whole directory without any backups.
    Now my PC is stuck in a boot loop and can't be booted into safe mode either*Sad*Sad

I tried running sfc, chkdsk, dism successfully, but the problem still remains.
    I also tried System Restore, but none of the restore point works.
    And I always get the "failed to extract the file: %windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\bazisvirtualcdbus.inf_amd64_18ec2ff4b04883c1..."

If I want to provide the logs, how would I run V2 Log collector?

I've been trying to resolve this issue for days. Anyone please, HELP!*cry

:)

JvaqbjfhK, Jan 9, 2020

2. Can't delete folder!

have you tried using safe mode to delete it? i dont know what you had in it, but i have tried to delete files that said they had nothing in them from the program files folder and it said "DUNK" and NO but i was able to delete them from safe mode

acousticlemur, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Help! Can't boot to safe mode after deleting FileRepository\ folder? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Help! Can't boot to safe mode after deleting FileRepository\ folder? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Depth Win User

Help!! Can not delete folder

Code: ICACLS D:\anime /remove:d username /C ICACLS D:\anime /grant username:F /C erase D:\anime[/quote] It's been years since I touched access lists but the above should work from either your own username or as administrator. If not, you can start in safe mode and modify the folder ownership.

Depth, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Help! Can't boot to safe mode after deleting FileRepository\ folder? - Similar Threads - Help Can't boot

2. I can't boot in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't boot in to safe mode: So I've had a really frustrating problem... I was doing a factory reset with my pc and something went wrong. "user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" so I was like alright time to boot in to safe mode but I literally cannot boot into safe...
  3. I can't boot in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't boot in to safe mode: So I've had a really frustrating problem... I was doing a factory reset with my pc and something went wrong. "user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" so I was like alright time to boot in to safe mode but I literally cannot boot into safe...
  4. I can't boot in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't selcet boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't selcet boot into safe mode: I am trying to start my computer in safe mode, but when I get the window to select it, my keyboard isn't registering the input. I have used a wireless keyboard and a wired one. I'm on the latest windows update....
  6. Can't selcet boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't selcet boot into safe mode: I am trying to start my computer in safe mode, but when I get the window to select it, my keyboard isn't registering the input. I have used a wireless keyboard and a wired one. I'm on the latest windows update....
  7. Can't boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into safe mode.: Every time I try to boot into safe mode it always tries to do an automatic repair and fails to repair.I can still boot normally just not in safe mode. This from the log: Root cause found: Boot critical file g:\windows\system32\drivers\ramdisk.sys is corrupt. Repair...
  8. can't boot into safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't boot into safe mode with networking: can't boot into safe mode with networking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-boot-into-safe-mode-with-networking/8176a27b-7df7-4d3f-8d3e-d32044f9e7c5
  9. Need help booting into safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help booting into safe mode: Hello. My laptops gpu died and I need to boot into safe mode to see if it will work. The problem is the screen doesnt turn on so I dont know where to click. Is there a way I can boot into safe mode using only keyboard shortcuts or by typing into the command prompt? Thank...
  10. Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode: After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my account after that, and I can't get into Safe Mode at all, as the only options at the logon screen are Ease of Access and Network...