Windows 10: Help! Can't boot to safe mode after deleting FileRepository\ folder?

Discus and support Help! Can't boot to safe mode after deleting FileRepository\ folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 Enterprise ver 1809 I was cleaning drivers in the FileRepository folder to save some disk space. After changing the permission to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JvaqbjfhK, Jan 9, 2020.

1. JvaqbjfhK Win User

Help! Can't boot to safe mode after deleting FileRepository\ folder?

Win 10 Enterprise ver 1809

I was cleaning drivers in the FileRepository folder to save some disk space.
    After changing the permission to delete those files, some of them are in use thus undeletable.
    So I booted to another Linux partition to rm -r the whole directory without any backups.
    Now my PC is stuck in a boot loop and can't be booted into safe mode either*Sad*Sad

I tried running sfc, chkdsk, dism successfully, but the problem still remains.
    I also tried System Restore, but none of the restore point works.
    And I always get the "failed to extract the file: %windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\bazisvirtualcdbus.inf_amd64_18ec2ff4b04883c1..."

If I want to provide the logs, how would I run V2 Log collector?

I've been trying to resolve this issue for days. Anyone please, HELP!*cry

:)

JvaqbjfhK, Jan 9, 2020

2. Can't delete folder!

have you tried using safe mode to delete it? i dont know what you had in it, but i have tried to delete files that said they had nothing in them from the program files folder and it said "DUNK" and NO but i was able to delete them from safe mode

acousticlemur, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Help! Can't boot to safe mode after deleting FileRepository\ folder? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Help! Can't boot to safe mode after deleting FileRepository\ folder? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Depth Win User

Help!! Can not delete folder

Code: ICACLS D:\anime /remove:d username /C ICACLS D:\anime /grant username:F /C erase D:\anime[/quote] It's been years since I touched access lists but the above should work from either your own username or as administrator. If not, you can start in safe mode and modify the folder ownership.

Depth, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Help! Can't boot to safe mode after deleting FileRepository\ folder? - Similar Threads - Help Can't boot

2. Help in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help in safe mode: Is there a way to see your password history? I decided to put my pc in safe mode to clean it up but i forgot the password and im now stuck in the log in screen. submitted by /u/dotohnodot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/euam9i/help_in_safe_mode/
  3. Laptop won't boot. Can't boot to safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't boot. Can't boot to safe mode.: submitted by /u/Mckillagorilla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds0808/laptop_wont_boot_cant_boot_to_safe_mode/
  4. Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...: Hello, i needed to boot my notebook ( windows 10) in safemode so i chanced my booting preferences in msconfig to safe boot. I did this procedure many many times in the past. Once restarted, my correct password was not recognised as correct and i am now locked out without...
  5. Is it safe to delete these folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete these folders?: Greetings, Chrome 74 now says "Your browser is managed by your organization". I'm not part of an organization. I've been searching for a solution, but most people suggest using Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). However, I have the Home edition of Windows, which doesn't...
  6. Safe to Delete this Folder?

Safe to Delete this Folder?: Is $GetCurrent folder safe to delete? James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-to-delete-this-folder/f70da8e8-9232-4918-8f85-b3b32e2b70e1"
  7. Can't get on windows or boot into safe mode

Can't get on windows or boot into safe mode: ive been having trouble without my computer for a while now but I saw that deleting some of The registry keys would fix my problem. What I deleted was HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\s-1-5-18/profileimage now I cant login in and...
  8. BSOD Can't boot to safe mode or desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Can't boot to safe mode or desktop: Hi all, I put my PC into sleep mode before heading out last night and upon my return I was presented with a BSOD. So I'm not actually sure if it went into sleep mode. I'm kinda at a loss as in to what is causing my bsod. It happens after the Windows logo, but doesn't...
  9. Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode: After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my account after that, and I can't get into Safe Mode at all, as the only options at the logon screen are Ease of Access and Network...
  10. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...