Windows 10: Help, can't delete file!

Discus and support Help, can't delete file! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a file that I can't delete, nor can I move it to a different folder. If I try to execute either of these actions, my file explorer will just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AwkwardPizzaDude, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Help, can't delete file!

I have a file that I can't delete, nor can I move it to a different folder. If I try to execute either of these actions, my file explorer will just completely lock up, not only that, if I even try to enter the folder in which it's contained videos my file explorer will also just lock up. I tried rebooting my computer, and CMD deleting it, but I just can't get rid of the thing. It's just a normal mkv file, and it plays back just fine, so my assumption is that something in the metadata is corrupted.

:)

AwkwardPizzaDude, Sep 3, 2021
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Help, can't delete file! :cool:

jmcslob, Sep 3, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 3, 2021
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Help, can't delete file!

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 3, 2021
Thema:

Help, can't delete file!

1. Help, can't delete file! - Similar Threads - Help can't delete

2. Can't delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a file: I can't delete a file from my desktop - I either get an error code that the file isn't empty, the file isn't synchronized or that I don't have permission to delete the file. I changed the administrator permissions so that I have full control of the folder but I still can't...
  3. can't delete file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't delete file: [ATTACH] The last time i played Forza i downloaded it thru the Microsoft store but they've changed it when i deleted the game it left the program file and i can't delete it is there a way around this?...
  4. Can't Delete Corrupted File??? Please help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Delete Corrupted File??? Please help!: I was messing around with a random file I had on my pc, it was an important file to the pc and the pc still functions fine. While i was messing around, I renamed it to have .zip at the end. It wasn't working anymore, so I just decided to delete it. It gave me the notification...
  5. Help! can't delete file with special characters

Help! can't delete file with special characters: I downloaded a video using video download helper from youtube. didnt realize the filename had special characters and now i can't delete it. I tried using cmd, installed farmanager and 7zip but every time i try to delete the file, the program just hangs there. submitted by...
  6. Deleted Files - Can't Recover - Please Help

Deleted Files - Can't Recover - Please Help: Okay last night or a few days ago, depends on when someone answers my computer needed a reset because of a blackout nice work Microsoft, I have spent two days trying to recover my files games, apps, work notes and nothing has worked. I've tried Disk-Drill, but nothing I had...
  7. Help with deleted files

Help with deleted files: Hi. In short, I deleted my bookmarks from Chrome two weeks ago, and I would like to recover them now. I checked a few days ago and had found a backup file in a Google folder, but it is no longer there (I should have restored it when I could). I had some bookmarks export...
  8. Can't delete files off of CD - help!

Can't delete files off of CD - help!: So I got some (supposedly) blank CDs only to find there is one track on each of them I cannot erase at all. I'm not even given an option to delete the track OR clear the disc. I've tried programs that delete things off CDs but they can't because it's locked into read only...
  9. Help: Can't Delete FIles From Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Help: Can't Delete FIles From Desktop: Hey all, I'm looking for advice on how to fix this strange problem: I cannot delete a subgroup of files from my desktop. - If I create a new file (using Notepad) I can easily delete the file - I can move an offending file to another folder but am still unable to delete it -...
  10. Tried EVERYTHING - can't delete file. PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried EVERYTHING - can't delete file. PLEASE HELP!: I've tried instruction after instruction and cannot delete a file. It's from a programme called Solidworks, and is left in the programme file called 3ds Light.otf. I've tried deleting in Safe mode Using deleting/unlocking utlities File Assassin and Unlocker Disabled...