Windows 10: Help!!! Can't delete folder in Temp that has an exe inside that shows network activity

Discus and support Help!!! Can't delete folder in Temp that has an exe inside that shows network activity in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, so I just looked around my Kaspersky and went to see what's in the network activity feature when I spot a really weird exe receiving 60Mb and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Waldizo, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Help!!! Can't delete folder in Temp that has an exe inside that shows network activity

Hey all,

so I just looked around my Kaspersky and went to see what's in the network activity feature when I spot a really weird exe receiving 60Mb and sending 30kb, so I check the file and it's located in Temp. Kaspersky marks it as trusted, reason is digital signature, but digital signature is not available. The exe is 0.00kb, when I check on the folder it denies access, says I need admin permission. I am the admin and just can't delete it at all.

It starts to freak me out as the exe has a name like {C552B... etc. and is located in a similar sounding folder. properties of the folder state that there's no file inside.

tried booting safe mode to delete it but still won't allow me to delete it.

what can I do?

I mean it can't be important when it's in Temp can it?

submitted by /u/Waldizo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Waldizo, Jan 1, 2021

2. Delete Network activity

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern to delete the network activity or network logs of previous operating system.

I suggest you to do the following and check:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type Temp
      and hit Enter to open the temporary files folder.
    • Select all the content and delete them.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 1, 2021
  3. These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

Help!!! Can't delete folder in Temp that has an exe inside that shows network activity

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Help!!! Can't delete folder in Temp that has an exe inside that shows network activity

1. Help!!! Can't delete folder in Temp that has an exe inside that shows network activity - Similar Threads - Help Can't delete

2. Cant delete TMP files inside %Temp% Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant delete TMP files inside %Temp% Folder: a little backstory, i got a bunch of viruses and had to reset my pc, and these seem to carry over and i cant get rid of them and keep getting an error that their open in another program and therefore i cannot delete them. my pc seems to be running slow and my search bar...
  3. Cant delete TMP files inside %Temp% Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant delete TMP files inside %Temp% Folder: a little backstory, i got a bunch of viruses and had to reset my pc, and these seem to carry over and i cant get rid of them and keep getting an error that their open in another program and therefore i cannot delete them. my pc seems to be running slow and my search bar...
  4. Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?: I know this may sound like a really stupid question to ask, but is it safe to delete the temp folder? Just curious. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-okay-to-delete-the-temp-folder/6e23bbc1-b3f9-4207-a5fe-6170dd95cd96
  5. Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?: I know this may sound like a really stupid question to ask, but is it safe to delete the temp folder? Just curious. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-okay-to-delete-the-temp-folder/6e23bbc1-b3f9-4207-a5fe-6170dd95cd96
  6. Is it okay to delete the temp FOLDER?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can i delete this folder as it has 1.17gb of temp files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can i delete this folder as it has 1.17gb of temp files?: I just found this folder called temp . assuming it would contain temporary files i looked into it and then found a lot of cpu profile files, tmp files, log files etc . this occupies 1.17 gb space on my C drive so im asking if i can delete everything in this folder as my pc...
  8. Can't delete this folder, help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't delete this folder, help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pranxter_guy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj8blq/cant_delete_this_folder_help/
  9. Is it safe to delete temp folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it safe to delete temp folders: hey i was wondering. I s found my temp fold by typing in the run search box and typed in"temp" This is NOT the%temp% folder found in app data. Is it safe to delete these folders?[ATTACH]...
  10. Dismhost exe in Temp folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dismhost exe in Temp folder: I keep seeing that a random folder appearing in my Temp folder, folder name is very random with words and mixed numbers. Inside, there is a certain exe named "Dismhost" this pops up almost like every two days or so. Is this normal? I already scanned my computer with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com