Windows 10: HELP! Cant delete $windows.~BT :(

Discus and support HELP! Cant delete $windows.~BT :( in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have tried everything I can find online. I have tried the disk cleanup method & tried swapping admin. When I try to delete the windows BT folder it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lolkristin, Apr 3, 2021.

1. HELP! Cant delete $windows.~BT :(

I have tried everything I can find online. I have tried the disk cleanup method & tried swapping admin. When I try to delete the windows BT folder it tells me I don't have the permissions. It is taking up a substantial amount of disk space and I really need it gone. Any advice would be awesome!!

submitted by /u/lolkristin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lolkristin, Apr 3, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows.~bt & Windows.old, can I delete them?

Hi Mark,

There are several ways on how to delete Windows.~bt & Windows.old folders on your computer. Simply follow the steps below:

• Go Search and type Disc Cleanup.
    • Check the folder that you want to delete.
    • Press Ok.

Note: Once you delete Windows.~bt file on your computer, you won't be able to go back with your previous Windows version.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Dyan Rey, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Tintai Win User
    I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Apr 3, 2021
  4. bestellen Win User

HELP! Cant delete $windows.~BT :(

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

HELP! Cant delete $windows.~BT :(

1. HELP! Cant delete $windows.~BT :( - Similar Threads - HELP Cant delete

2. Cannot delete $Windows,~bt.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot delete $Windows,~bt.: I have this folder that won't delete for anything i do. I tried everything i could find on the internet but nothing. I tried to change ownership but it always says "you need permission from x to change" x=anything i change ownership to. Some tips would be welcome. Btw,the...
  3. how to delete Windows BT folder ??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to delete Windows BT folder ??: I am trying to do a fresh windows install via Refresh Tool and cant because it says couldn't start please try after pc reboot.After quite a bit of google-ing i found out that i need to delete the Windows BT Folder, but i can't even in safe mode because it says that i need...
  4. Delete Windows BT file

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Windows BT file: Hi so I'm thinking of this weekend finally updating my windows version from 1809, but I have an issue I have about 20 GB's of space taken from a previous failed installed 1903 update back in September and I'd like to get rid of it. Disk Cleanup won't show the file and I...
  5. I can't delete $Windows.~BT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete $Windows.~BT: I have been trying for most of the day to delete $Windows.~BT (it's at 20 GB on a 100 GB machine) I've tried disk cleanup two or three times, run scripts I found online, run some app to "take control". I keep getting the error "Login as an administrator to..." but I am, and...
  6. Can't delete $WINDOWS~.BT folder (disk cleanup won't help)

Can't delete $WINDOWS~.BT folder (disk cleanup won't help): Hello, I've that $WINDOWS~.BT which doesn't seems to be auto deleted by Windows 10. There is no "Previous Windows installation" entry in Disk Cleanup utility for that disk. Can't delete most of it manually due to "Folder access denied" error message. What can I do next?...
  7. What is the $WINDOWS.`BT folder? Is it safe to delete?

What is the $WINDOWS.`BT folder? Is it safe to delete?: In my C: drive, there is a folder that's called $WINDOWS.`BT. I don't really know what it is. From the looks of it, it's doesn't have anything important. Is it safe to delete it? Or is it important?...
  8. How to delete $WINDOWS. ~BT and $WINDOWS. ~WS

How to delete $WINDOWS. ~BT and $WINDOWS. ~WS: I'm having a hard time deleting these. Can you help me with it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-windows-bt-and-windows-ws/f8114f56-c673-427c-b203-04d69552d0ea"
  9. How to delete $Windows.~BT folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete $Windows.~BT folder: I have spent a lot of time trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my three year old Dell Inspiron desktop, but cannot do so. I'm no techie, but it seems to me that it is a $Windows.~BT folder that is preventing me from doing so. From what I have read, Windows should have done so...
  10. Delete Windows~BT folder before upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Windows~BT folder before upgrade: Hi, I have downloaded the Windows 10 Pro ISO using Media Creation Tool and I wanted to know if it is safe to delete the Windows~BT folder before doing the upgrade. Will it cause some mess with the upgrade process if I delete it or just to leave it intact? Thanks,...