Windows 10: Help. Cant get out of recovery environment. tried literally everything, and i mean everything

Discus and support Help. Cant get out of recovery environment. tried literally everything, and i mean everything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. So I recently put windows 10 onto my laptop and accidentally turned the brightness too low so I restarted it. Its now been 16 hours and I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by conwayhome, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Help. Cant get out of recovery environment. tried literally everything, and i mean everything

Hi. So I recently put windows 10 onto my laptop and accidentally turned the brightness too low so I restarted it. Its now been 16 hours and I have turned the thing off and on again about 70 times and that is not an exaggeration. I tried resetting it and it didn't fix anything. I tried again and its not able to reset anymore. I've tried about 30 different command prompts and gone through 25 forums and cant find anything. Every time I follow a step on a video it says access denied and I do everything correctly and It doesn't work. Its like windows has become a virus. At this point I want to get rid of it but I cant. The only thing I can interact with is the recovery menu, and without being able to get into the desktop I cant delete windows and try again. Windows was on my computer for about 1 hour so I don't have any backup drives and I have tried everything. Is there any way to delete windows or reinstall it from the recovery menu?

:)

conwayhome, Mar 17, 2021

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Mar 17, 2021
  3. stonebato Win User
    Can't find recovery environment windows 10

Hi guys, good day. I need your help regarding with reseting my laptop. I clone my OS from hdd to ssd using easeUS. after cloning I formatted my hdd since I'm confident that everything is ok. now I can't reset my laptop because of this error. I had tried these steps below but it's not working.
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition
    select partition
    set id

your help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    Help. Cant get out of recovery environment. tried literally everything, and i mean everything [​IMG]

Help. Cant get out of recovery environment. tried literally everything, and i mean everything [​IMG]

stonebato, Mar 17, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Help. Cant get out of recovery environment. tried literally everything, and i mean everything

Unable to access Windows Recovery Environment normally

Some entries in the bcd for the recovery environment is either corrupted or missing. To fix the problem, you;d need to rebuild the entries for the recovery environment.
    Here's the steps:
    1. Turn on folder options to show hidden files/folders. Open admin command then type: reagentc /disable
      - This will move 2 files from the recovery partition reagent.xml and winre.wim to C:\windows\system32\recovery
    2. If you have the Windows 10 ISO, double click on it to mount to a virtual cd/dvd else If you have the Windows 10 USB then navigate to Sources folder and look for install.esd or install.wim.
    3. Use 7-ZIP to open install.esd or install.wim, select and index. eg. 6 then navigate to Windows\system32\recovery. You'd see 2 files: Winre.wim and reagent.xml.
    4. Remove everything from C:\windows\system32\recovery (ie. your current winre.win and reagent.xml)
    5. Copy the new winre.wim and reagent.xml from the install.esd/install.wim to C:\windows\system32\Recovery
    6. From admin command, type: ReAgentc /enable
    Reboot to recovery. This will also fix the problem with shutdown /r /o

topgundcp, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Help. Cant get out of recovery environment. tried literally everything, and i mean everything

1. Help. Cant get out of recovery environment. tried literally everything, and i mean everything - Similar Threads - Help Cant recovery

2. 0xc000021a BSOD Loop // Tried Literally Everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc000021a BSOD Loop // Tried Literally Everything: Hello,Over the past year or so my gaming PC has been subjected to the occasional BSOD, usually I just uninstall unnecessary 3rd party apps and my PC is fine. The usual stop code I receive is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. But last week when I received a BSOD I got that exact stop...
  3. Everything is bigger! Literally Everything!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything is bigger! Literally Everything!: The text, and the icons are bigger. On every program I use. How do I fix this? How do I make it default size again? submitted by /u/ShirubaMasuta [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0vj76/everything_is_bigger_literally_everything/
  4. Help Microsoft I tried everything

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help Microsoft I tried everything: Hello Microsoft team. I'm in a big trouble please help. I dropped my laptop and hard drive was damaged. I sent my laptop to repair and I had my windows activated with a digital license linked to my microsoft account. The repair person changed the hard drive and he copied my...
  5. Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING: Hey guys, so I was using my laptop this afternoon and went out for a walk. When I came back, my audio wasn't working at all. At first the toolbar audio icon said there is no audio devices, so I did some tweaking and looking at videos and fixed that. However, there is still no...
  6. Tried everything and I mean everything: cant get into windows 10 disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tried everything and I mean everything: cant get into windows 10 disk: As the title states I have tried everything. Been reading this forum and tried most of the suggestions. I really don't want to wipe hard drive.There's no excuse but i don't have an up to date image.Lets blame it on covid. So its's my fault all around. I was trying to get a...
  7. Photoshop and blender won't open, tried literally everything.

Photoshop and blender won't open, tried literally everything.: I tried: Restarting Reinstalling Updating drivers Checked for corrupted drivers did /sfc scannow did chkdsk /f Updated windows Tried the uninstall and reinstall the ntdll.dll file the error message said that the .dll was loaded but they couldnt proceed with stuff and many...
  8. CANNOT UPDATE WINDOWS TRIED LITERALLY EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CANNOT UPDATE WINDOWS TRIED LITERALLY EVERYTHING: "We couldn't complete the update undoing changes" Is the message I have seen every time I try to update my pc to ----> Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems KB4549951 Also for some reason only every second or third restart I get the option to...
  9. Crashing, unusable! no solution, tried everything means everything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crashing, unusable! no solution, tried everything means everything.: When I booted up my computer, everything seemed to work fine for the first 5 minutes. Then Firefox crashed while I was browsing the web. I waited for it to grey-out and allow me to force close, but the force close prompt never appeared. Eventually, I pressed Ctrl-Alt-Esc to...
  10. 100% Disk Usage -i literally tried everything-

100% Disk Usage -i literally tried everything-: Hi! So, as i said in the title since yesterday my computer is running so slow and i barely can listen to some music or surfing on the internet, especially playing games, i mean i couldn't even listen to some music. Whatever i tried everything Disable DiagTrack Disable...