Windows 10: HELP! Can't get out of S Mode

Discus and support HELP! Can't get out of S Mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought a *brand new* HP laptop to replace my battle-worn Dell Inspiron, and so far...I hate it. I got stuck almost immediately, trying to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lizrobbins13, Nov 29, 2022.

1. HELP! Can't get out of S Mode

I just bought a *brand new* HP laptop to replace my battle-worn Dell Inspiron, and so far...I hate it. I got stuck almost immediately, trying to get out of S mode. I'm able to get to the Microsoft Store page that says 'switch out of S mode' with a "get" icon and a table labelled 'features'. But when I press "get", I get an error message that says "something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade".I have already tried:restarting the laptoprepairing/resetting Microsoft Storemaking a new Microsoft accountMy wifi connection is stable, and this computer is BRAND NEW so I really don't know what

:)

lizrobbins13, Nov 29, 2022
  2. miahallen Win User
    miahallen, Nov 29, 2022
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool HELP! Can't get out of S Mode :cool:

jmcslob, Nov 29, 2022
  4. HELP! Can't get out of S Mode

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

HELP! Can't get out of S Mode

1. HELP! Can't get out of S Mode - Similar Threads - HELP Can't Mode

2. can't get out of s mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't get out of s mode.: Can not exit s mode for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-s-mode/4b1a9a0f-8d55-4105-9ece-224b64b043c2
  3. can't get out of s mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't get out of s mode.: Can not exit s mode for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-s-mode/4b1a9a0f-8d55-4105-9ece-224b64b043c2
  4. HELP! Can't get out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Can't get out of S Mode: I just bought a *brand new* HP laptop to replace my battle-worn Dell Inspiron, and so far...I hate it. I got stuck almost immediately, trying to get out of S mode. I'm able to get to the Microsoft Store page that says 'switch out of S mode' with a "get" icon and a table...
  5. Can't get out of S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't get out of S mode: I can't seem to get out of windows s mode. I have done it in the start and it was working fine but then I had to restart my laptop for windows updates and it told to do it again and now I'm stuck at 'Working on it' when I click on 'get it' on Microsoft Store...
  6. Can't get out of S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't get out of S Mode: My laptop came with Windows 10 Home in S Mode, but I need to get out of S Mode. I follow the instructions and go to Activation, and click "Go to Store", however, it shows me "There was an error on our end" with error code 0x80131500. I have installed all the available...
  7. Can't get out of s mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get out of s mode.: Two days ago I bought an HP laptop that came in s mode. Yesterday I was able to get out the s mode via Microsoft Store and everything was running out smoothly. Three hours ago I turned on the laptop and HP made a BIOS update. After that the PC came back to the s mode and when...
  8. Can't Get Out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Get Out of S Mode: Got a new laptop for Christmas, and just started it up yesterday. I went to install Chrome obviously and the window popped up for me to switch out of S mode. I did so without issue and shut the laptop when I was done for the night. Today I opened it back up and S*** Mode...
  9. Can't Get Out of S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Get Out of S mode: Have a buddy whose charging port became unusable, so he bought a new laptop and gave it to me along with the old unit. He wanted me to get stuff off his old HDD, pictures, docs, music, etc. But he also wanted to get his favorites off Chrome and put them on the new laptop....
  10. Can't Get Out of S mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Get Out of S mode: Have a buddy whose charging port became unusable, so he bought a new laptop and gave it to me along with the old unit. He wanted me to get stuff off his old HDD, pictures, docs, music, etc. But he also wanted to get his favorites off Chrome and put them on the new laptop....