Windows 10: (Help) “Can’t open app, check windows store for more information” on every windows store...

Discus and support (Help) “Can’t open app, check windows store for more information” on every windows store... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The title is the meat of it. Randomly stopped allowing me to open any app downloaded from the store. No new installs or changes, just happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ubuckeye87, Jan 11, 2021.

1. (Help) “Can’t open app, check windows store for more information” on every windows store...

The title is the meat of it. Randomly stopped allowing me to open any app downloaded from the store. No new installs or changes, just happened randomly. I have seen a lot of discussion about this happening (some dating back to 2014) but none with a solution that’s worked for me.

What I’ve tried: - Signing in & out of the store - Reinstalling windows on-board - Contacting MS support (I knew more about it than they did) - Deleting applications and reinstalling them (lets me download but doesn’t let it open) - Creating another user on the pc - Creating a local user on the pc - Using powershell to clear cache of the MS store - Using powershell to delete/reinstall standard Microsoft products - Delete the store and reinstall it - Updated the pc and every driver (it was already up to date though) - probably more, I’ll update it as I remember.

If anyone has any ideas, please shoot them this way. I’m desperate and need them for school and work to work so I can use them.

Thanks for your time!

submitted by /u/ubuckeye87
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ubuckeye87, Jan 11, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Jan 11, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jan 11, 2021
  4. (Help) “Can’t open app, check windows store for more information” on every windows store...

windows store not opening

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to open Windows Store. We will help you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components gets corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset the Windows Store and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe. Press Enter.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

(Help) “Can’t open app, check windows store for more information” on every windows store...

1. (Help) “Can’t open app, check windows store for more information” on every windows store... - Similar Threads - Help “Can’t open

2. Can’t open Microsoft Store or Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open Microsoft Store or Microsoft Store apps: The Microsoft Store and pretty much every app from the Microsoft Store won’t open when clicking on them. They just have white lines under them and are darkened in the Start Menu. The only apps that open are Edge, File Explorer, and Settings, and other apps that don’t come...
  3. Can’t open Microsoft Store or Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t open Microsoft Store or Microsoft Store apps: The Microsoft Store and pretty much every app from the Microsoft Store won’t open when clicking on them. They just have white lines under them and are darkened in the Start Menu. The only apps that open are Edge, File Explorer, and Settings, and other apps that don’t come...
  4. This app can't open Check the windows Store for more info about

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    This app can't open Check the windows Store for more info about: This app can't open. Check the windows Store for more info about alienware command center. Hello, I have a dell g15. Windows 10. Today, recently, only a few hours ago I have encountered a problem. While playing a video-game, I stumbled upon a blue notification in the middle...
  5. This app can't open Check the windows Store for more info about

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't open Check the windows Store for more info about: This app can't open. Check the windows Store for more info about alienware command center. Hello, I have a dell g15. Windows 10. Today, recently, only a few hours ago I have encountered a problem. While playing a video-game, I stumbled upon a blue notification in the middle...
  6. This app can't open Check the windows Store for more info about

7. "This App Can’t Open. Check Windows Store For More Info”

"This App Can’t Open. Check Windows Store For More Info”: I've gotten this several times when I open FFXIV and the solitary collection. The apps always run after this message pops up. I'm not sure why I'm getting it, tbh. This is a new computer, though, so any help to make it stop is appreciated....
  8. Can’t Open Windows Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t Open Windows Store: I just reinstalled Windows 10, as I was having issues with the previous install. I went to reinstall Word, but I can’t access the Windows Store. When I try to open it, it says “Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate...
  9. Can’t open Windows Store

Can’t open Windows Store: Hi, so I tried resetting the store from settings after it wouldn’t download anything, just getting stuck on “acquiring license” however, now when I try and open it nothing happens and It doesn’t appear in the application list either....
  10. Error: This app can’t open check the Windows Store for more info about the DVD Player when...

Error: This app can’t open check the Windows Store for more info about the DVD Player when...: Microsoft DVD player $14.99 I purchased the app on August 21, 2019 I did a restore yesterday and since then the Microsoft DVD player displays the following message when I try to use it: THIS APP CAN'T OPEN CHECK THE WINDOWS STORE FOR MORE INFO ABOUT DVD PLAYER I...