Windows 10: Help!! Can’t open word docs

Discus and support Help!! Can’t open word docs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have windows 365 and I having been trying to open a important word doc which is due tomorrow. But a Dialgue box comes up and says ‘ Word found on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SophiaWhelan, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Help!! Can’t open word docs

Hi, I have windows 365 and I having been trying to open a important word doc which is due tomorrow. But a Dialgue box comes up and says ‘ Word found on readable content in elder3D.docs. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you trust sources document, click yes.I then click yes and another dialogue box comes up and says ‘ Word express error trying to open the file try these suggestions’I have tried all tue suggestion and I have also tried opening with open repair. Nothing is working. I have 2 copies saved the original in on drive and a copy of the file in documents. Please h

:)

SophiaWhelan, Aug 5, 2021
  2. srj123 Win User

Word docs

many thanks for responding and trying to help me. the problem is that all of the docs in various folders that were word docs are no longer word docs - they only open on wordpad (and so parts of the docs cannot be seen). does anyone know why that would
    happen?

I actually don't know if I have a current subscription to office.

thanks again for any help anyone can give

srj123, Aug 5, 2021
  3. CLinsen Win User
    Opening a Word doc in a Second Desktop from Explorer

Thank you so much for your reply!

To clarify, the problem is that whenever I try to open another word doc in file explorer in a second desktop it goes back to the desktop in which there already is a word doc open and opens the requested doc there, instead of in the second desktop.

I have tried the repair and it did not help. Any other suggestions?

Cindy

CLinsen, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Time Lady Win User

Help!! Can’t open word docs

Word docs

Hi,

If you right click on one of the doc files & choose open with is Word listed?

Do you have a current subscription to Office?

Time Lady, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Help!! Can’t open word docs

1. Help!! Can’t open word docs - Similar Threads - Help Can’t open

2. why word docs open as wordpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why word docs open as wordpad: when i open a word doc it opens as word appi am unfamiliar with word app and do not wish to use it as i can not see formattinghow can i remove word app and replace with word doc as a defultwhen i search, i cannot even find MS Word as an option on my laptop...
  3. why word docs open as wordpad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why word docs open as wordpad: when i open a word doc it opens as word appi am unfamiliar with word app and do not wish to use it as i can not see formattinghow can i remove word app and replace with word doc as a defultwhen i search, i cannot even find MS Word as an option on my laptop...
  4. Word Doc opens in read-only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word Doc opens in read-only: I am the owner of a MS 365 account. I have created a file on my desktop and uploaded it into my OneDrive. The file is NOT marked as Read-Only, On One-Drive online I can open, read, and edit the file. However, on my Android tablet, where I am logged into the exact same 365...
  5. Word Doc opens in read-only

Word Doc opens in read-only: I am the owner of a MS 365 account. I have created a file on my desktop and uploaded it into my OneDrive. The file is NOT marked as Read-Only, On One-Drive online I can open, read, and edit the file. However, on my Android tablet, where I am logged into the exact same 365...
  6. Can't open a Word Doc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open a Word Doc.: Can't open a Word Doc saved less than 24 hours ago. The message I get is file is either deleted or not available at this time. I didn't delete it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-a-word-doc/6c951d89-266a-4331-853f-4c10aa286679
  7. opening a word doc

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening a word doc: since purchasing and installing Adobe, When I open a document in word i have about 3 signs coming up - eg: File not found: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/MACPDFM/MacPDFM.framework/Versions/A/MacPDFM How do I stop this?...
  8. I am unable to open word doc or create word docs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to open word doc or create word docs: I am unable top open any Docs at all- it is like I have never had Widows 10 that is the only program I have ever had on the computer how can I fix it please? All updates and security are done...
  9. how to open this doc as word doc?

how to open this doc as word doc?: This document was originally opened as a notepad document, so it opens that way always. I would like to change it to a Word document. Is that possible?...
  10. OneDrive and open Word docs

OneDrive and open Word docs: Okay, so I am using the native OneDrive app for my cloud storage. Now let's say I am working on a Word doc, (in Office 2016, i.e., I am using the regular desktop Office suite), and I have the doc open for a couple hours straight. In the course of that time, I make a lot of...