Windows 10: HELP: can't print pdf files on my windows 10 desktop

Discus and support HELP: can't print pdf files on my windows 10 desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HELP: can't print pdf files on my windows 10 desktop. Nothing seems to work but I'm not very technical so maybe it's me. Anyone have some a solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by helloworldjan, Mar 23, 2020.

1. HELP: can't print pdf files on my windows 10 desktop

HELP: can't print pdf files on my windows 10 desktop. Nothing seems to work but I'm not very technical so maybe it's me. Anyone have some a solution for this please. It's an old HP print all in one HP LaserJet 3015, kind of an antique, but it's always been able to print pdf's from other computers.

:)

helloworldjan, Mar 23, 2020

2. Unable to Print PDF files

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to print a PDF file. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the printer & PC?
    • Does this issue specific to a particular PDF file or all PDF file in the USB?
    • What is the program that you are using to open the PDF file in order to print?
    • Did you try printing any PDF file that is saved on the PC?
    • What happens when you try to print, do you get any error message/code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps from this article:

Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Also, if you are using the Adobe application to print the PDF file, refer this article from Adobe:
    Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 23, 2020
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    Can not print a pdf file

Need a couple of questions answered first....

1. Since you're saying "am having this problem with both laptops, one an HP and the other a Lenovo" can I assume the printer is networked?
    2. Is the "form that is now in a PDF format" the only document you're having issues with, only PDF files, or any document?
    Also (in the vein of not assuming) did you save the file first before attempting to print?

sygnus21, Mar 23, 2020
  4. HELP: can't print pdf files on my windows 10 desktop

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

HELP: can't print pdf files on my windows 10 desktop

1. HELP: can't print pdf files on my windows 10 desktop - Similar Threads - HELP can't print

2. Can't print pdf or files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't print pdf or files: It's been 2 weeks where I cannot print anything on my printer. I can only print notepad files but won't work pdf or other files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-print-pdf-or-files/e854f371-aca0-426b-8a0a-ed4beacc647b
  3. Can't print pdf or files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print pdf or files: It's been 2 weeks where I cannot print anything on my printer. I can only print notepad files but won't work pdf or other files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-print-pdf-or-files/e854f371-aca0-426b-8a0a-ed4beacc647b
  4. Can't print pdf or files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't print pdf files or photo filed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't print pdf files or photo filed: For the past weeks I cannot print any photos or pdf on my HP printer. I can only print text files from notepad and when I try pdf it will gives me an error default for the printer....
  6. Can't print pdf files or photo filed

Can't print pdf files or photo filed: For the past weeks I cannot print any photos or pdf on my HP printer. I can only print text files from notepad and when I try pdf it will gives me an error default for the printer....
  7. Can't print pdf files or photo filed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. can't print pdf or photo files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't print pdf or photo files: HiSince 3 weeks I can't print pdf file or photo with my Samsung printer CLP415 Ethernet wired.I can only print simple notepad++ text file or the windows printer Test page. When I try to print the pdf fileafter few minutes I got a message "the printer can't print pdf file and...
  9. can't print pdf or photo files

can't print pdf or photo files: HiSince 3 weeks I can't print pdf file or photo with my Samsung printer CLP415 Ethernet wired.I can only print simple notepad++ text file or the windows printer Test page. When I try to print the pdf fileafter few minutes I got a message "the printer can't print pdf file and...
  10. have windows 10 can't print pdf file

in Windows 10 Customization
    have windows 10 can't print pdf file: Can't print pdf file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-windows-10-cant-print-pdf-file/b90b1b5e-b80e-4147-ac09-9dd340ef4d8a