Windows 10: Help: Cant share a hard drive between computers!

Discus and support Help: Cant share a hard drive between computers! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey there. I built a new PC using my old PC for storage and media. I have 2 legit copies of windows 10 home on but PC well say are called kus1 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kusisloose, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Help: Cant share a hard drive between computers!

Hey there.

I built a new PC using my old PC for storage and media. I have 2 legit copies of windows 10 home on but PC well say are called kus1 and kus2. Both are registered and are found under 1 outlook email as well do they are all in the same account.

On kus1 I have a HDD labeled "storage" with the letter e assigned. I then share the folder turn on the setting in network and sharing.

On kus2 I try and map e has a share drive and while it finds it, its telling me wrong credentials.

I have looked on forums and nothing seems to work. (Domainname\username attempt, using net use didn't work)

I read this is a bug because both PCs are synced to 1 email account. Fyi, I didnt do anything with workgroups or active directory...

I thought this would be quick and easy... what did I miss?

:)

Kusisloose, Aug 11, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

Home - Global Support - FR

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Aug 11, 2019
  4. DTG1 Win User

Help: Cant share a hard drive between computers!

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

Help: Cant share a hard drive between computers!

1. Help: Cant share a hard drive between computers! - Similar Threads - Help Cant share

2. History of information/data transferred between computer hard drive and network shared...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    History of information/data transferred between computer hard drive and network shared...: Hi,I'm hoping someone can help me with a general query. Is it possible to view the history of data/information documents, excels, files, photos, videos, music etc transferred between my computer's hard drive and shared network drive and an external storage device i.e....
  3. History of information/data transferred between computer hard drive and network shared...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    History of information/data transferred between computer hard drive and network shared...: Hi,I'm hoping someone can help me with a general query. Is it possible to view the history of data/information documents, excels, files, photos, videos, music etc transferred between my computer's hard drive and shared network drive and an external storage device i.e....
  4. History of information/data transferred between computer hard drive and network shared...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sharing a hard drive across computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing a hard drive across computers: Hey everyone, I have multiple Windows 10 computers in my home, and I work with various art and video editing programs. I would like the hard drive that contains the work files and the raw assets to be shared among my computers so that I can edit from any computer in the...
  6. sharing between computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sharing between computers: when I create a shortcut on one desktop it then appears on all my desktops. It's driving me crazy, how do I turn this feature off submitted by /u/surfer812 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ek7w2b/sharing_between_computers/
  7. Swapping hard drives between two computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swapping hard drives between two computers: Hello. I have two desktop computers. Both running Windows 10 Pro. I need to swap the hard drives between the computers. Reinstalling windows on my main computer is not an option (do not ask, just take my word for it). As I have two computers, two licenses and the...
  8. sharing files between computers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing files between computers.: Let me be clear. I have a windows 7 computer and a windows 10 computer, I'm having a hideous time trying to share files between the computers, (I DO NOT WANT TO USE AN ONLINE FILE SHARING SYSTEM TO SHARE THE FILES.) I.E. Onedrive. both computers are on the same network...
  9. Sharing hard drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sharing hard drives: I'm running Windows 10 build 1803 on my desktop and notebook and have an external hard drive connected to my desktop. Connecting my external hard drive to my notebook was easy when Windows had Homegroup, but, now that it's gone, I am having a hard time in getting my notebook...
  10. Access to a computer hard drive without sharing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to a computer hard drive without sharing.: have you ever tried this on your windows explorer? \\Machine Name\username\volume$ after this windows will ask for username and password. and guess what? you might get "access denied" error. this is because you are using your Microsoft account to login to the windows....