Windows 10: Help can't skip chkdsk on startup because there no 8 second time to press any key to skip,...

Discus and support Help can't skip chkdsk on startup because there no 8 second time to press any key to skip,... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So basically when i start my windows start, there is no way to skip fixing disk because usually there 8 second to skip that, but in my case there no 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zidny126, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Zidny126 Win User

Help can't skip chkdsk on startup because there no 8 second time to press any key to skip,...

So basically when i start my windows start, there is no way to skip fixing disk because usually there 8 second to skip that, but in my case there no 8 second to skip chkdsk, i can't press any key to skip chkdsk on startup

Can someone please help me?

:)

Zidny126, Jun 12, 2020
  2. shevanel Win User

sound skips intermittently at times

using Win7 64 and just installed a USB x-fi 5.1 surround device

Everything is sounding good but this random 1 second pause/skips is really getting on my nerves.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

I also have an audigy 2 that I traded from jstn### yesterday but I'm not sure about the sound quality compared to this.. but I'm getting closer to having to open my case up and install it if I cannot fix the skipping on the usb one.

thanks for any help

shevanel, Jun 12, 2020
  3. cagdas001 Win User
    Windows tries to scan disk (cannot skip) on every boot, while CHKDSK shows no error

Hi,

I'm using Windows 8.1

Last night windows tried to scan & repair the disk on boot, since it takes too long to complete, I simply skipped it by pressing any key when asked.

After I logged in the system, I scanned the disk manually with CHKDSK, and it found some errors. Then I restarted the computer and let it to proceed. After a very long waiting, it completed its job and restarted automatically.

This time, Windows entered the Advanced System Startup Options. I simply tried the "Exit and Continue to Windows" button, but it also restarts the computer, and system tries to scan & repair the disk again.

So then I decided to run Command Prompt from Advanced System Startup Options, and run CHKDSK again manually. This time it found no errors. I also checked with CHKNTFS command, it seems there is no any scheduled task and dirty flag is not set.

But Windows continues to scan and repair the disk on every boot, while there is no errors, scheduled task, and dirty flag is not set.

However, I cannot skip the scan this time by pressing any key. Even though I do it, it enters the scanning.

Edit:

Meanwhile, I let it to proceed second time. This time it was shorter. However, windows still enters disk scan on boot and I cannot skip

Edit2:

I can't boot into even safe mode.

cagdas001, Jun 12, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Help can't skip chkdsk on startup because there no 8 second time to press any key to skip,...

Chkdsk issue

I see that Tony (@HippsieGypsie) has already provided the perfect answer to your second and third question. Help can't skip chkdsk on startup because there no 8 second time to press any key to skip,... :)

To skip or cancel chkdsk on boot, you may press any key on the keyboard within 10 seconds for that time being. You have to do it for all the volumes/partitions of the HDD.

If the disk is anyhow failing, it will ask for chkdsk again on the next boot. Be sure about it, test the HDD for any possible error. Seatools will be a good option to do it. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

If the disk is not failing, and still it prompts of chkdsk on every boot, disable Fast Startup. Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

See how it goes. Let us know.

Thema:

1. Help can't skip chkdsk on startup because there no 8 second time to press any key to skip,... - Similar Threads - Help can't skip

2. BSOD - Windows 10 Startup Message - To Skip Disk Checking, press any key in 8 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BSOD - Windows 10 Startup Message - To Skip Disk Checking, press any key in 8 seconds: I have a HP HP ENVY X360 - 13-Y034cl and I had 4 BSODs in the last 6 months and when I restart it says "boot device not found". After a few attempts of restarting it boots fine. Every time I start the laptop it says "To Skip Disk Checking, press any key in 8 seconds" and even...
  3. BSOD - Windows 10 Startup Message - To Skip Disk Checking, press any key in 8 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Windows 10 Startup Message - To Skip Disk Checking, press any key in 8 seconds: I have a HP HP ENVY X360 - 13-Y034cl and I had 4 BSODs in the last 6 months and when I restart it says "boot device not found". After a few attempts of restarting it boots fine. Every time I start the laptop it says "To Skip Disk Checking, press any key in 8 seconds" and even...
  4. BSOD - Windows 10 Startup Message - To Skip Disk Checking, press any key in 8 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. To skip disk checking press any key within 8 sec

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    To skip disk checking press any key within 8 sec: While starting windows i got above message everytime how to solve this/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-skip-disk-checking-press-any-key-within-8-sec/3945e584-5cbe-4656-8d3a-3d69f9e02f53
  6. why do i get to skip disk checking press any key 8 seconds 5 seconds every time i start...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why do i get to skip disk checking press any key 8 seconds 5 seconds every time i start...: why do i get to skip disk checking press any key 8 seconds 5 seconds every time i start windows and its says scanning and repairing drive and random number of volume or c:...
  7. to skip disk checking press any key within 10 seconds

to skip disk checking press any key within 10 seconds: windowsu her başlattığımda to skip disk checking press any key within 10 seconds yazısı ekrana geliyor herhangi bir tuşa basmadan beklememe rağmen süre bitince windows otomatik açılıyor...
  8. Windows will not update, and on startup it says Press any key in 10 seconds to skip disk...

Windows will not update, and on startup it says Press any key in 10 seconds to skip disk...: Hi, My Boot MBR recently got corrupted and I followed this tutorial on how to fix it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f1Hc8gN6ik It worked great and my Windows 10 PC could now boot into Windows, but when I try to update and I restart my pc: It says Working On Updates...
  9. To skip disk checking, press any key in # seconds

To skip disk checking, press any key in # seconds: I have been getting this on every start up. It checks my C drive which is an SSD. I let it run the check multiple times but it runs a few seconds and i get to log in screen. Also, checking disk and repair from properties>Tools>ErrorChecking says it found errors, but the...
  10. "To skip disk checking, press any key whiten 8 seconds" This comes up after every time I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "To skip disk checking, press any key whiten 8 seconds" This comes up after every time I...: I think it started happening when the my laptop got shutdown when it was in sleep mode because laptop charger's cable moved a little. So what is the problem here? Is my ssd in danger? My Windows10 is not updated btw I dont have much disk space. I tried "Crystal Disk" and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cant skip disk check