Windows 10: Help! changing admin on personal computer

Discus and support Help! changing admin on personal computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; admin died - how can i change to my name and not see husbands name on the sign in screen on computer. tried making a new user admin. but now have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LonnieBraden, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Help! changing admin on personal computer

admin died - how can i change to my name and not see husbands name on the sign in screen on computer.

tried making a new user admin. but now have issues of not having access to microsoft products purchased.

Can i now just simply go and replace his name for mine?

his email no longer works - so i cannot retrieve necessary code

does any of this make sense.

Help

:)

LonnieBraden, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 22, 2019
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 22, 2019
  4. DTG1 Win User

Help! changing admin on personal computer

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

Help! changing admin on personal computer

1. Help! changing admin on personal computer - Similar Threads - Help changing admin

2. Windows-security is blocked by IT-admin on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows-security is blocked by IT-admin on my personal computer: Reinstalled windows on my laptop and now i can't open windows-security or windows-defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-blocked-by-it-admin-on-my/a61abf74-8937-4235-9b5b-bc672025ea40
  3. Windows-security is blocked by IT-admin on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows-security is blocked by IT-admin on my personal computer: Reinstalled windows on my laptop and now i can't open windows-security or windows-defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-blocked-by-it-admin-on-my/a61abf74-8937-4235-9b5b-bc672025ea40
  4. Deleting Ex Employer from admin on personal computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Ex Employer from admin on personal computer.: I was using my personal computer as a contactor at Excelia and they still have admin rights. How do I get this fixed? They are unresponsive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-ex-employer-from-admin-on-personal/bb417efc-48e4-452a-bd36-ba1f4f665781
  5. Deleting Ex Employer from admin on personal computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting Ex Employer from admin on personal computer.: I was using my personal computer as a contactor at Excelia and they still have admin rights. How do I get this fixed? They are unresponsive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-ex-employer-from-admin-on-personal/bb417efc-48e4-452a-bd36-ba1f4f665781
  6. Can't change personal PIN on personal home computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change personal PIN on personal home computer: I'm trying to change the PIN on my home PC, and Microsoft isn't letting me do so. When I go into Sign-In Options, the option for Windows hello PIN says "This option is currently unavailable—click here to learn more." It also says "Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your...
  7. Account Admin- Wrong Person!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Admin- Wrong Person!: I had one of my work clients log into their account on Microsoft Word about a year ago from my laptop. Ever since then, she is showing up on my laptop as the primary user and I have been unable to remove her account. I can't really find any way to delete her from my account...
  8. Dell Laptop - Admin User Change Help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Laptop - Admin User Change Help.: Hi all, I have a Dell Laptop, that was a works laptop, that I was given as part of my severance package, so out of work 2 weeks before Christmas. I want to use it to apply for jobs / spruce up my CV ! Ex work removed Office 365 from the laptop so I purchased a years...
  9. Google Suite Admin-Install Only on personal computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Suite Admin-Install Only on personal computer: I am trying to add cloudHQ to my google suite to sync google drive with onedrive and getting an "Unavailable for install"/"Admin-install only" on my personal computer. I previously had my university onedrive connected but I contacted microsoft to have it removed and still...
  10. Not recognized as an Admin on my home personal computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not recognized as an Admin on my home personal computer: I installed a game to my computer for the first time. It installed just fine, but when I try to launch it I get a pop up that states "Access Denied: Please login with administrator privileges and try again" There is no prompt for admin password or anything. I am the admin on...