Windows 10: Help Changing Icons for Media Player Classic

Discus and support Help Changing Icons for Media Player Classic in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'd like to change the icons for media player classic. I know it's not a big deal, but I like things to look a certain way and would like to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mikesalami, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Help Changing Icons for Media Player Classic

I'd like to change the icons for media player classic. I know it's not a big deal, but I like things to look a certain way and would like to change the old crappy ones.

https://i.imgur.com/kTOn151.jpg

In the pic above I've been able to change the main icon as you can see in the taskbar at the bottom. However the old icons still show up in movie previews and on the player itself.

I believe these are embedded in the mpciconlib.dll file for the player, but I have no idea how to open or edit this to have the icons I want.

Can anyone help with this? I know it's possible cause I've seen it in really old forum posts.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/mikesalami
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mikesalami, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Media Player in Windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Disable shuffle feature and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Open Windows media Player by typing in search bar.

• Press Ctrl + H to turn off and
      on the shuffle.

• Restart the player and check if it helps.
    Method 2: Run Windows media player Library troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Windows Media player. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your library. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right
      to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run Windows media player Library troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Media Player Errors - Stops playing

Hi Donald,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if issue persists.

Method 1: Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter, please refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Reinstall Windows Media player

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media Player and check. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows Key +X, select Programs and Features.

• Click on Turn Windows features ON or OFF on the left panel.

• Expand Media Features and uncheck the box against Windows Media Player.

• Click OK and restart if prompted. Follow the same procedure and check the box against Windows Media Player to reinstall.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Help Changing Icons for Media Player Classic

Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Help Changing Icons for Media Player Classic

1. Help Changing Icons for Media Player Classic - Similar Threads - Help Changing Icons

2. Can I install old or classic media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install old or classic media player: I recently installed a new hard drive on my laptop but when media player reinstalled it gave me the new version, I don’t like the new version I still have the old version on my pc so my question is can I still get the old or classic media player installed Thanks....
  3. Can I install old or classic media player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install old or classic media player: I recently installed a new hard drive on my laptop but when media player reinstalled it gave me the new version, I don’t like the new version I still have the old version on my pc so my question is can I still get the old or classic media player installed Thanks....
  4. Media Player Classic - suddenly no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media Player Classic - suddenly no sound: Until yesterday, Media Player Classic was working perfectly. Now there is no sound, and I can see that there is a small cross (x) next to the speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner. I've tried everything, but can't get the sound back. I have no sound issues with other...
  5. Media Player Classic

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player Classic: I was asked how I wanted to open a video I wanted to watch. I chose Media Player Classic which was the wrong choice. Now every time I want to open that video it defaults to Media Player Classic which says " Cannot render file" I tried resetting defaults but that doesn't...
  6. MICROSOFT MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MICROSOFT MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC: whenever i minimize my media player, the video or audio file playing automatically get paused, it really pisses me off. Microsoft is a multi billion dollar company and they made such a useless media player they it wont play when minimized, i mean its a shame and slap on the...
  7. Media Player Classic Installation Stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player Classic Installation Stuck: Hello Everyone , just updated my os from win 7 to 10, till now no problem , unless with k-lite codec i installed it, i can launch it , and it works without problem but installation stuck at 100% see picture below 49531
  8. VLC Player vs Media Classic Player

VLC Player vs Media Classic Player: Which do you prefer, and why? 21697
  9. Media Player Classic Home Cinema problem

Media Player Classic Home Cinema problem: Hello, i need your help!*cry Im using MPC-HC, and the problem is i cant open mkv's videos which have HD resolution(720p,1080p,etc). before, when i played it on Windows 8.1 its working well, but now when im using Windows 10 why its always Stopped/sometimes Not responding!...
  10. Media Player Help!!!!??

Media Player Help!!!!??: I have an older PC laptop that has been giving me problems for a while. I took it somewhere to be fixed more than once and it didn't help. I don't use my computer for much these days, just pictures and music and the occasional internet search but I use my phone for most...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. media player classic change logo